Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bigorexia

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think the majority who live this lifestyle will never be satisfied with their appearance. i definately wouldnt say i have what is referred to as bigorexia, but i often look in the mirror and think im small, under-developed or fat. other times i will look and be real impressed with myself, and proud of what i have accomplished. i get compliments all the time, and told ive gone alot bigger. sometimes i feel it, other times i dont.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    He's fat, needs to cut, traps are over developed, needs to train forearms and to shave his hairy back. I'd take him off his meds and tell him he has some serious work to do.

Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    WTF happened to this thread? Everybody went crazy. Anyway, back off topic. Yeah New Kid, Im trying to get him to post pics, but he doesnt have a computer right now, and I dont live near him anymore since the Hurricane. Hell, I still got to get my pics up soon I hope.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You guys all miss the point.

They don't SEE THE CHANGES others do.

How do you all miss the actual disease??

~SC~
    I see what you're saying SC.. but my response was more geared toward how the medical practioner in the video appeared to me grossly sterotyping weightlifters and athletes on a whole.

Granted the disease does exist.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I see what you're saying SC.. but my response was more geared toward how the medical practioner in the video appeared to me grossly sterotyping weightlifters and athletes on a whole.

Granted the disease does exist.
    For sure bro, I was referring to many other people in the thread, not you doggie!!

~SC~

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    For sure bro, I was referring to many other people in the thread, not you doggie!!

~SC~
    Now i feel left out.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    That's some shit.

"O look at me.. the first thing i think about in the morning is getting a proper breakfast.. i MUSt be bigorexic"

This video is almost as bad as gregg valentino's shit.

~Nark
    it's just the medical profession trying to explain our "disorder"......cause everyone knows that no sane person wants to be big right?......if this does exist, which it prolly does cause i think i have it myself, it isn't a problem for it to be a problem it would have to negatively impact you and i don't see how that's happening........

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    My heart really goes out for that guy, seriously..

Logan13 is offline Banned

wetard

Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    Let me put this in wetard terms : I feel the same size I did 2 years ago, I feel small everytime I look in the mirror, but everyone says I get bigger ever week and r huge...but to me, im smaller than shit. understand?
    funny shit! Thanks for explaining it to him.

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    that video kinda made it sound like it was bad to be eating properly and an informed person would probably refrain from working out and trying to get into shape for fear of getting some mental disorder.

i think im in control of my bigorexia.. but im sure i'd have withdrawal symptoms if i stopped working out

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    that video kinda made it sound like it was bad to be eating properly and an informed person would probably refrain from working out and trying to get into shape for fear of getting some mental disorder.

i think im in control of my bigorexia.. but im sure i'd have withdrawal symptoms if i stopped working out
    I guess I'll just be normal like everyone else and load up my cart with cookies at the grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I guess I'll just be normal like everyone else and load up my cart with cookies at the grocery store
    i miss oreos
    and mars bars
    and every other kind of candy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Corn dogs and french fries!!!!

Lots of both all at once.....

~SC~

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    psychological disorders werent possible till psychology was invented to label anything a disorder. anything in excess can be considered a disorder in the eyes of another, but what truley makes it a disorder in the eyes of you is your motivation for fueling the disorder, if your unhappy with yourself and your relying on something in the environment to fix it (ie: weighlifting) more importantly than having a disorder your confusion is the problem. neurosis is not a lack of knowledge but the improper application of it. nuff sed.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Now that we're on the cheat meal idea..
    Cookies...sbarro pizza...mm pancakes, cheeseburgers. Thing is...I want them, but I would never eat them. I haven't cheated once while bulking for 2 months..which is kinna weird

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Now that we're on the cheat meal idea..
    Cookies...sbarro pizza...mm pancakes, cheeseburgers. Thing is...I want them, but I would never eat them. I haven't cheated once while bulking for 2 months..which is kinna weird
    thats quite like me
    the closet i get to something bad is eating eggs with the yolk (gasp) or drinking coke (say it aint so) or the occasional digestive cookie!

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I feel I have that "issue", it seems like everyone truely involved with bodybuilding have it, because I do not think you can point to 1 person who will say they have completly reached their goals and now just wanna maintain their current status

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    I feel I have that "issue", it seems like everyone truely involved with bodybuilding have it, because I do not think you can point to 1 person who will say they have completly reached their goals and now just wanna maintain their current status
    yep...

elmerhendershot is offline Junior Member
    I have bigorexia they should make a support group for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information