Marisa is offline Female Member

Need some serious opinions on this case..

hi everyone.. i need some serious responses please.. my boyfriend wants to juice in october. he'll be 20 by then. i dont think he needs to cuz he looks great w/o them and i think 20 is young to juice. he has his first competition in 9 weeks and if he does good then.. he wants to go onto nationals and he said everyone in that competition juices and it would be hard for him to do well in it w/o. I'm against it and I'm afraid of the health risks later on in life. I also am not very educated about steroids and only know what he tells me and a few things i read online. His defense now .. is that Lee preist started juicing at 18 and he's a freak now. Basically nomater what I argue against him juicing.. he always has something else to say to make it seem okay. Can you guys please give me your opinions on this? And maybe a good argument? Lol here are his mesurements..

hes 5 feet and 7 1/2 inches in height
    weight 215
    shoulders 52 1/2
    chest 47 1/2
    arms 18
    forearms 14 and quarter
    thighs 27
    calves 17
    i dont know his % i think its low tho.. hes not fat at all. hes very solid

he's 19 now. those are from him at 11 weeks out.

he wants to go pro someday.
    What do u think?

Thanks
    Last edited by Marisa; 03-05-2006 at 11:31 PM.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i would say that he needs to wait a couple more years before doing any aas. if he has a goal of actually being a pro bb'er than you gotta start juicing young to make it big.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    read around this site and get educated on juice before taking it

I would suggest you support him

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    i would say that he needs to wait a couple more years before doing any aas. if he has a goal of actually being a pro bb'er than you gotta start juicing young to make it big.
    yeah he wants to go pro. do u know how old cutler and ronnie were they started? they are his favs

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    read around this site and get educated on juice before taking it

I would suggest you support him

i supprt him. i dont support n e thing that will hurt him but ill have to deal with it. yeah i told him to come here. hopefully he will

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    his conviction most likely may be beyond the realm of arguing, when i notice someone has reached a point in thier mind where they are convinced what they are doing is right, no amount of persuasion or manipulation will convince them otherwise. However if this is his first cycle, you have his own fear to use against himself if anything (fear of the unknown) Right now in his mind all he has is a string of justifications he has formed overtime that has lead to a state of mind in his head that says "this is ok to do". The only feasible way you can alter his intentions on starting a cycle is to learn about steroids yourself so you sound like you know what your talking about (right now in his head he thinks he knows more than you do so why take head to your advice?) imho, the amount of work that you would have to actually exhaust isnt worth it, if this is something that will actually defile your self respect for being with a guy who uses steroids, play the typical gf role. If you juice im out of this relationship, short and simple. That will be the true judge of how much he cares for you (himself) and respects your opinion.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    his height is 5 1/7? what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    his conviction most likely may be beyond the realm of arguing, when i notice someone has reached a point in thier mind where they are convinced what they are doing is right, no amount of persuasion or manipulation will convince them otherwise. However if this is his first cycle, you have his own fear to use against himself if anything (fear of the unknown) Right now in his mind all he has is a string of justifications he has formed overtime that has lead to a state of mind in his head that says "this is ok to do". The only feasible way you can alter his intentions on starting a cycle is to learn about steroids yourself so you sound like you know what your talking about (right now in his head he thinks he knows more than you do so why take head to your advice?) imho, the amount of work that you would have to actually exhaust isnt worth it, if this is something that will actually defile your self respect for being with a guy who uses steroids, play the typical gf role. If you juice im out of this relationship, short and simple. That will be the true judge of how much he cares for you (himself) and respects your opinion.
    you have some good points. as far as saying "If you juice im out of this relationship".. i dont think it would be right for me to say that. it would not be that easy for me to do and im not going to love him n e less if he takes steroids . the way i see it is.. bodybuilding came b4 me. b4 i got involved with him.. i knew he was really into bodybuilding.. and for the second time in my life.. i chose to date someone who wants to do this as a career. thats something to think about tho.. i think if i laid it down like that, it would be really hard for us. i dont want to make him pick. i think he will see it as.. "if she really loves me.. she will respect this and stay with me and if she leaves me.. it wasnt ment to be" would get very pissed off at me saying that and if i left him.. he would get very upset (and so would i) i think he will hold off on it but eventually do it and me telling him what to do wont be good for us.. i would never tell him what to do or to not do. again.. i wont love him n e less.. i guess ill just have to see what happens if the time should come and take it day by day. in the back of mind.. not being with someone soley bcuz they juice is rediculous... i told him if he does it and starts getting some roid rage .. thats when ill leave him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    his height is 5 1/7? what is that?
    a typo. i edited my first post for u.

hes 5 feet and 7 1/2 inches
    close to 6 feet.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisa
    a typo. i edited my first post for u.

hes 5 feet and 7 1/2 inches
    close to 6 feet.
    cool cool...and thats not really that close to 6 feet. still got another 4 1/2 inches to get there and thats a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    cool cool...and thats not really that close to 6 feet. still got another 4 1/2 inches to get there and thats a big difference.

rounded it up so u didnt think i ment 5 feet. lol i shoulda put.. closer to 6 than 5.. bcuz b4 it looked like i wrote 5 feet. lol

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    First he was 5 feet and 1/7 inch. Now, 5'7 1/2 is not remotely close to 6 feet but that detail is not important.
    Nonethless AAS is not something innocuous, albeit with the proper education, precautions it is not as harmful as it is made out to be. I agree with your concern that he is still to young and should wait a year or two

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    First he was 5 feet and 1/7 inch. Now, 5'7 1/2 is not remotely close to 6 feet but that detail is not important.
    Nonethless AAS is not something innocuous, albeit with the proper education, precautions it is not as harmful as it is made out to be. I agree with your concern that he is still to young and should wait a year or two
    i know. i made a typo. lol read what i wrote
    kaptainkeezy04

u dont think he should wait like 5 years? if we ever get married.. i want him to be able to have healthy kids.

i hear ya..
    and the whole "if she loved me shed respect my decision" thing is just another one of his JUSTIFICATIONS (one that your assuming he has and prob does), but the sad thing is it seems like you've actually applied his justification to yourself. You love him, its obvious. So bear it out and much luck with it.

i hear ya..
    and the whole "if she loved me shed respect my decision" thing is just another one of his JUSTIFICATIONS (one that your assuming he has and prob does), but the sad thing is it seems like you've actually applied his justification to yourself. You love him, its obvious. So bear it out and much luck with it.
    lol . thank u

its scary but we've always kinda been able to read eachothers minds.. i noticed this b4 we were an official couple.. we think the same exact way.. so in the beginning.. if i wanted to know how he felt about something.. i would just think how i felt and sure enough he felt the same way.. cuz when he would bring something up first.. i would be like.. omg thats scary.. i was just thinking that.. or thats how i feel about it.. weve been togther for so long and sometimes i think we forget we were really like that and scared.. so i pretty much know he has that justification since i do. lol thank you again. you seem very wise

very welcome and yeh they call that "parallel evolution"
    people dont respond to reality, they respond to thier own maps of reality
    you and him share similar maps, so hopefully that will work to your advantage.

very welcome and yeh they call that "parallel evolution"
    people dont respond to reality, they respond to thier own maps of reality
    you and him share similar maps, so hopefully that will work to your advantage.
    lol can u elaborate on that? i never heard of this before? how do u know this? lol

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I don't think him juicing is really your decision. That should be decided by him, with your support either way he goes.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    i would be like.. omg thats scary.. i was just thinking that
    ROFL please keep talking...your posts make me:

You might try to find the threads posted about what goes on behind the scenes of pro bb...take it or leave it...it seems to be quite horrible...maybe he would reconsider the entire thing...luck

Smedman101 is offline Associate Member
    How do you know if he dont now."steroids ".....Hes 5'7"----215? thats big and 18" arms and you say that he is tight already....Im going on a limb but I say he already does if he is serious in the gym 6 dys a week?
    52" shoulders? I smell something????

Quote Originally Posted by Smedman101
    How do you know if he dont now."steroids ".....Hes 5'7"----215? thats big and 18" arms and you say that he is tight already....Im going on a limb but I say he already does if he is serious in the gym 6 dys a week?
    52" shoulders? I smell something????
    5 days a week. he dosnt do them now. now hes down to 208 because hes cutting down but i think everything else is the same.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    U can't always tell if someone does them or not and guess what .. men LIE.. so do women though.. it sucks

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    ROFL please keep talking...your posts make me:

You might try to find the threads posted about what goes on behind the scenes of pro bb...take it or leave it...it seems to be quite horrible...maybe he would reconsider the entire thing...luck
    now come on.....we don't want to scare someone away from bodybuilding....and that's just one persons account (i'm referring to the post the other day....you all thought it was Dexter i think), who's to say they're all like that?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    just make sure he does it right if he's going to do it.....educate yourself and make sure you know what exactly is going on

Smedman101 is offline Associate Member
    Marisa, I think that he is doing very well without them currently. I suggest to him to keep going with his diet and training, he his only 19 and I would wait 4 more years.
    I do not understand why hes not on here getting his own info. It seems also that he defends roids so much that maybe hes already on them but you say hes not.

Thread Information