Thread: how?

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member

how?

how do you get a friend to come of drugs? I got a friend he's a recurrent drug user. I mean he doesn't do crack or any of that. Just a lot of LSD. We were on the way home yesterday and he was freaking out cause of a bad trip he was on. All he kept saying was "dude I think I’m dead, I feel dead" then he continue to say stupid shit. I felt as if he was starting to lose sight of what reality was. He wasn't sure if I was real because maybe the devil had me up. I think all the drugs are really starting to take its toll on him. Last semester he had to drop all his classes because of the amount of pot he was smoking. I mean I really care about my friend I’ve known him most of my life. I can just see him losing everything. I don't know what to tell him.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    he needs some professional help, and maybe try getting him to go to some N A meetings

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    it's kinda hard to talk to him about anything because as soon as i mention something about drugs he jumps on me about steroids .

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    an intervention is due, get friends and family envolved.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    He wasn't sure if I was real because maybe the devil had me up.
    All jokes aside, that's ridiculous and I'd tell him when he's sober that I can no longer affiliate w/him if he's going to be so f*cked up that he'll actually have the nerve to say something like that to a very good friend.

No time for losers in life brutha, and that is what it will evolve into.

~SC~

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    the only way he will come off drugs is if HE wants to. Speaking from personal experience. I used recreational drugs for 10 yrs and was lucky not to get any permanent damage. I only decided to kik it all because they were not working as well cos my body had such a tolerence for them and 3 ecstacy didnt do the same as it did in the beginning.

Now I dont do drugs, I do BB.

The best you can do is educate your friend cos a drug user will do what he wants anyway, regardless of what you say

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    You might want to get an intervention for him. I'd definately have a heart to heart with him. Let him know that you want to help him, but if he won't let you, then your friendship can not continue.

If he brings up the gear thing... tell him that you quite and are not going to be doing anymore. Then don't tell him when you run your next cycle.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    "Son you need to fvck your friend up the ass"

"He needs to feel your love inside him"

Doctor Phil.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    the only way he will come off drugs is if HE wants to.
    Agreed, in my experience the only thing that will make him want to come off is when he hits a real low - which is only a matter of time with LSD, or (as was the case with me personally) when he sees it happen to someone he cares about.

i had a friend that had a strong addiction to cocaine, and nothing i did would help
    i would only see him once a month or so and he constantly lied about being clean
    i would suggest an intervention, grab a group of your friends and sit him down and talk about it, and tell him that if he doesnt quit then youre going to get his family involved and take it further to detox...make it clear that you only want whats best for him

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    he needs some professional help, and maybe try getting him to go to some N A meetings
    WRONG. People who go to NA meetings just find NEW dealers.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chookster
    an intervention is due, get friends and family envolved.

i agree .......... ur gonna have to sit him down ..... whether he wants to or not ........ and just talk to him along with his family/friends ........ if he doesnt take the advice .... then u just might have to cut him off bro

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I don't think you cantell him.. some one who takes drugs and who has a problem often has to see it for themselves or they won't seek help. Even then it is often hard.

In a lot of cases thry have to hit rock bottom. People don't learn from others mistakes.. thry have to make them all on their own.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    I don't think you cantell him.. some one who takes drugs and who has a problem often has to see it for themselves or they won't seek help. Even then it is often hard.

In a lot of cases thry have to hit rock bottom. People don't learn from others mistakes.. thry have to make them all on their own.
    exactly, until he feels like he needs to he wont...my boy od'd on pills a couple days ago(didnt die) and now is in rehab for the second time...he spent all the money he made off selling and now his parents are payin for rehab and now cant move to teh house they wanted to....maby that will wake him up...but they have to be as close as death as possible to actually see the light...it they still dont they're ****ed...

Thread Information