Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater

"so How Much Can You Bench Man?"

Who's sick of hearing this fukin question every time they go to a bar/club at night? Everytime i've been in line to go to bathroom or outside of one, some drunk bia or even guys seems to ask me this question. I mean if you're going to feed me a compliment on my arms then ask me how much I can curl instead of how much I can bench.

My answer usually is "I don't bench".

I need a better one. Who has some?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Who's sick of hearing this fukin question every time they go to a bar/club at night? Everytime i've been in line to go to bathroom or outside of one, some drunk bia or even guys seems to ask me this question. I mean if you're going to feed me a compliment on my arms then ask me how much I can curl instead of how much I can bench.

My answer usually is "I don't bench".

I need a better one. Who has some?
    "more than you"

hmmmmmmmmm thinkin......

"Enough"........

"I'm a bodybuilder, numbers aren't important"

or you could just say like 5 or 6 hundred

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    "more than you"

hmmmmmmmmm thinkin......

"Enough"........

"I'm a bodybuilder, numbers aren't important"

or you could just say like 5 or 6 hundred
    LOL!!!!

mg316 is offline Associate Member
    "I can bench press your skinny ass"

mg316 is offline Associate Member
    use the line stiffler uses in american wedding at that club he goes to

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I always say something like, "depends on the tempo, reps, rest intervals and previous training or pre exhaustion used... like yesterday, I put up 315 15 times on flat bench but later that night I could only push your sister off me once!" pffft...

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I always say something like, "depends on the tempo, reps, rest intervals and previous training or pre exhaustion used... like yesterday, I put up 315 15 times on flat bench but later that night I could only push your sister off me once!" pffft...
    hahahaha

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    hahahaha. its funny how no one ever asks "how much ya squat" (except on here)

how about "i can bench about 2 or 3.........volkswagens"

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    thats too much to remember.....just say u dont lift.....

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    "more than you"

that's a great one! And yes, I'm sick of getting that too

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    do any of you bodybuilder people say "im a bodybuilder, im all show and no go...i lift for the pump and good form"

i know thats what nark told me

lol

for that stiffler thing, he says how much you bench, and he says how much you weigh and he says why are you gonna try and pick me up hahahahhah

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I get asked the same silly question and I am not that big 200# at 5'8.. Mostly I get asked "so do you work out or something"? I always say Once every few months I go to the gym. They generally kind of nod and then it hits them that it was a stupid question in the first place.

~Old

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I say I don't workout but that I may do 10 pushups every once in awhile

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    yep, i've used that one. worst part is this douchebag believed me.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i get that Q every WHERE i go ><
    i always reply the same...

"Not Enough."

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    its funny cause some guy at a bar asked me yesterday out of no were...at first i thought he was askin me to get him something cause i worked there....i really dont mind, i take it as a compliment....he was a cool guy too..he wasnt some fat drunk idiot...

HansVonSchnittchen is offline Junior Member
    Just say, "I can bench press a buick."

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    its funny cause some guy at a bar asked me yesterday out of no were...at first i thought he was askin me to get him something cause i worked there....i really dont mind, i take it as a compliment....he was a cool guy too..he wasnt some fat drunk idiot...
    ha last time i was at a bar .. some dufus comes up to me and LEANS all over me and is like "JESUS YOUR A BIG MOFO .. WUTTYA BENCH?" im like "actually i dont work out..bye"
    PEOPLE are WEIRD.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    ha last time i was at a bar .. some dufus comes up to me and LEANS all over me and is like "JESUS YOUR A BIG MOFO .. WUTTYA BENCH?" im like "actually i dont work out..bye"
    PEOPLE are WEIRD.
    if some dude was leanin all over me i would be creeped the **** out...but if im talkin to somebody that i dont really know, ex. (a girl friend of mine brought her man with her and he is a swole motherfckier, and i talked to him about lifting.) i dont think that weird or nothing

if some dude was leanin all over me i would be creeped the **** out...but if im talkin to somebody that i dont really know, ex. (a girl friend of mine brought her man with her and he is a swole motherfckier, and i talked to him about lifting.) i dont think that weird or nothing
    dood im a drunk man magnet i dont know what it is.. but htey all lean on me and make some lude comment bout me size. and other krap like U PLAY FEWTBAHL?!

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    last time some kid asked me how much i bench i looked at him with the most confused look i could muster and said; "whats a bench?"

dood im a drunk man magnet i dont know what it is.. but htey all lean on me and make some lude comment bout me size. and other krap like U PLAY FEWTBAHL?!
    holy **** u wouldnt believe how many times i've gottin that...bro, what sports do u play...u should play football..i never played sports. i learned real quick i hated coaches...it feels good to have people say stuff like that...cause it makes me feel not average...i like that...granted im not the biggest dude, but for 20 yo im not average...

holy **** u wouldnt believe how many times i've gottin that...bro, what sports do u play...u should play football..i never played sports. i learned real quick i hated coaches...it feels good to have people say stuff like that...cause it makes me feel not average...i like that...granted im not the biggest dude, but for 20 yo im not average...
    werd.. but they are like what sport did you play.. LOL im like i didnt play anything I BOXED.. and they are like OHHh.. and look DISSAPOINTED?! kuz i didnt play for a university or something that dealt w/ "FOOTBALL"

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    im not big enough to be asked that yet... but
    when i wanna talk to a musclehead i ask them how much they weigh and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    im not big enough to be asked that yet... but
    when i wanna talk to a musclehead i ask them how much they weigh and go from there
    yeah thats how we meat heads communicate..
    either
    "whatchya up too?" "oh bout 292" ''aww.. bulking i see"
    "aye, n you?" "oh bout 218" "aww.. u must be 9weeks precomp"
    "Yeah.. hungry" "werd" "werd"

"hey got any more tractor tires or 300lb log handles?"
    "grunt"
    "Grunt, grunt'
    "werd"

either

"grunt"
    "Grunt, grunt'
    "werd"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HILARIOUS

either

"grunt"
    "Grunt, grunt'
    "werd"
    i gotta find myself a tractor tire and toss it down my street.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    tell them you dont even workout

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    The only funny thing is their response to your answer

"Ya, I used to bench ( 10 more pounds less than what you answered) x pounds, i'm thinking of getting back into it"

"ya, back in highschool, i benched 405, i stopped lifting after highschool and i just dont have time for it now"

thats what i hear every time

people are rediculous when it comes to the bench, "i used to" "i used to" "i used to" shut the **** up. they feel this need to lie about what "they used" to do, people are so full of shit.
    Last edited by IronReload04; 04-08-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    The only funny thing is their response to your answer

"Ya, I used to bench ( 10 more pounds less than what you answered) x pounds, i'm thinking of getting back into it"

"ya, back in highschool, i benched 405, i stopped lifting after highschool and i just dont have time for it now"

thats what i hear every time

people are rediculous when it comes to the bench, "i used to" "i used to" "i used to" shut the **** up. they feel this need to lie about what "they used" to do, people are so full of shit.
    HOLY SHIT i was doing squat other day.. this kid is like how much u squat.. im like 5's on a good day. he is like yeah i used to be able to get a lil over 500...
    both my buddy and i called bull shit on this.. ROFL he was a tall 230 and very underdeveloped NO way his core could support 405 but oh well..

and for the record.. if you could press 405 in highschool and your only 20-22 im pretty sure i would recognize the capability kuz once u lift that much ur not going to loose your base that fast LOL newbs

HOLY SHIT i was doing squat other day.. this kid is like how much u squat.. im like 5's on a good day. he is like yeah i used to be able to get a lil over 500...
    both my buddy and i called bull shit on this.. ROFL he was a tall 230 and very underdeveloped NO way his core could support 405 but oh well..
    he probably did squatted about 2 inches... a lot of people think that if they move even SLIGHTLY its considered a squat

and 5's that s awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    he probably did squatted about 2 inches... a lot of people think that if they move even SLIGHTLY its considered a squat

and 5's that s awesome!
    lol 5's is shit but thnx tons of people my size do 8's and higher.

and for the record.. if you could press 405 in highschool and your only 20-22 im pretty sure i would recognize the capability kuz once u lift that much ur not going to loose your base that fast LOL newbs
    jesus, you should have seen the kid that told me that. I was kind of minding my own busness walking in my dorm and i get stopped by these 2 chicks, pretty good looking, and they are like wow so what do you bench. So i was pretty honost, gave myself like an extra 10 pounds, closer to the truth than most dudes will say. SO it happened that a dude i talk to every now and then happened to cross paths with the three of us, buts in and is like "ya I put up 405 in highschool, after i said somthing like 360. Looking at the kid, i knew it was bullshit the whole time, but i didnt say anything, because i am not one to care

So like everytime i talked to him, it was always a different number he would tell me. and FINALLY, one day he acutally worked out the same time as me and i got to spot him. He had the most rediculous form i had ever seen. his grip and hand spacing was horendous. he was all off balance and one hand was inside the ring and the other was outside. it was 275 that he bounced, and i emphasize the bounce because i had never seen anyone bounce a weight so hard off their chest and 4 is what he got. then next set, he bounced 295 off his chest and stalled 1 inch above his chest and it slammed back down onto him and i had to deadlift it off his chest. and that was the first rep of that set, or rather a piss poor max attempt

definately, When talking to other people the key words are "I used to..."
    Last edited by IronReload04; 04-08-2006 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    jesus, you should have seen the kid that told me that. I was kind of minding my own busness walking in my dorm and i get stopped by these 2 chicks, pretty good looking, and they are like wow so what do you bench. So i was pretty honost, gave myself like an extra 10 pounds, closer to the truth than most dudes will say. SO it happened that a dude i talk to every now and then happened to cross paths with the three of us, buts in and is like "ya I put up 405 in highschool, after i said somthing like 360. Looking at the kid, i knew it was bullshit the whole time, but i didnt say anything, because i am not one to care

So like everytime i talked to him, it was always a different number he would tell me. and FINALLY, one day he acutally worked out the same time as me and i got to spot him. He had the most rediculous form i had ever seen. his grip and hand spacing was horendous. he was all off balance and one hand was inside the ring and the other was outside. it was 275 that he bounced, and i emphasized the bounce because i had never seen anyone bounce a weight so hard off their chest and 4 is what he got. then next set, he bounced 295 off his chest and stalled 1 inch above his chest and it slammed back down onto him and i had to deadlift it off his chest

definately, When talking to other people the key words are "I used to..."
    i always give a number like high or low 4's or if i am going to give a specific i be like 3weeks ago i got 425x2 which is one of my betters... but hey to each their own

i always give a number like high or low 4's or if i am going to give a specific i be like 3weeks ago i got 425x2 which is one of my betters... but hey to each their own
    no thats a good idea actually, in fact next time i get asked i just give a range mid to high 3's

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member

Ya theres this fat ass kid at my university told us at dinner once "In high school I could bench 400 lbs. straight up but I haven't lifted for 2 years" no joke his arms wwere pushin 15" and NO shoulders just bones and then fat everywher else absolutely pathetic

back in the day (last month) my friends and I were talking about working out. Note taht these friends know absolutely nothing about wroking out so talking to them is aggravating because too often you'll hear things like,"muscle turns to fat when you stop working out" from them.
    I have been working out for 1.5 years now, so they ask me how much i can curl. I decided to give them an honest answer - 35 lb dumbbells. (yes i know im weak) This guy literally tells me taht i'm weak and that he can curl 45 lb dumbbells, but only if he's pumped up. The guy saying this is 140 lbs and 5'5" SKINNY as hell. His forearm is as thick as four of my fingers pressed together. Unfortuantely he quit, so i didnt have a chance to call his bluff.

Another one of them comments on how my bench is crap (it has increased from 75lbs on the bar to 75 lbs dumbbells).

Very annoying and discouraging to say the least.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Whatever you feel comfortable saying bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information