Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    yeah CORPORATE GNC's suck.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Many "hot new supplements" have appeared in lieu of the pro-hormone ban. Big businesses are really drawing straws to make up for the loss, pretty much to the degree of flat out lying about product claims. While this is nothing new, this always hits the hardest on the people just starting out, teens and those easily impressionable. Unfortunately the marketing dollars and the big advertisements are in the GNC's the Fitness Centers, the empires of your Bill P's and your Muscle-techs. Seasoned lifters & those who have been around the block a few times in fitness and nutrition know this.

--> Just as the knowledgeable people here who know better, tell newbies in the beginning, there are no shortcuts to stick with the basics in regards to diet and lifting and even cycling as the most important thing you can do in this lifestyle...There are simply no "legal" or "illegal" shortcuts, no matter what someone is trying to sell you.

-shaokahn-

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    this whole thread is hilarious! I got a free sample of Gakic, but ended up throwing it away. Crap. I had to go into GNC not too long ago, and the guy wouldn't leave me the F-- alone, trying to shove "mega mens multi-vit" down my throat.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    For those just starting out in this game...When you go to one of these stores remember it is a business PERIOD. This is not a trainer or a nutritionist you're hiring to help you with your goals, nor is it someone who cares about your goals. Most of the time (not all of the time), your dealing with someone who has no idea what fitness is or what it takes to achieve it. You are however dealing with someone who is trying to sell you something and telling you what ever you WANT to hear...A very powerful tool indeed.

-shaokahn-

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    it's never really about the health. it's all about the $$$$

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    yea they will sell you anything if it brings them in some mula..

worked for me. I bought that and the other 10 things from this asian guy, my bench rose 50 lbs. then I fell asleep and woke up and had gained 60 lbs of lean mass. Next thing I know I'm slowly metamorphasising into Swol Cat. Hahahahahhahahahahahahah F U SC, I am now you clone!!!!!!!!!!!! I love GNC!

so sad, I'm j/k. I really look like a clone of tai.................................. fat titties and all.
    Last edited by novicenovicen; 04-19-2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAOKAHN
    For those just starting out in this game...When you go to one of these stores remember it is a business PERIOD. This is not a trainer or a nutritionist you're hiring to help you with your goals, nor is it someone who cares about your goals. Most of the time (not all of the time), your dealing with someone who has no idea what fitness is or what it takes to achieve it. You are however dealing with someone who is trying to sell you something and telling you what ever you WANT to hear...A very powerful tool indeed.

-shaokahn-
    sound advice!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i also hate how they always ask"are you intrested in getting a gnc card" NO!!! i dont want to pay you $30-50 dollars so i can get a discount every first tuesday of the month, another great scam, you sign up for it, you use it once and you keep forgeting about the first tuesday of the month and the card is a waste and gnc wins again. and they always push it and wont shut up about the damn card, also they run another scam, theyhave a scratch off ticket, you always win. you get a free piece of crap(like a bottle of vitamin c or a water bottle)if you make anothe purchase of $25 o more that day. pretty much they try to make you buy more garbage and give you a worthless piece of junk

Come on SC that post was funny.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information