can lifting cause an irregular heart beat?

havent had a physical for 3 years, got one today and i was informed that i have an irregular heart beat. this is news to me, i was never told this before. The doc said that it can be cause from heavy lifting and improper breathing. anyone have any input on this?

Codeblue is offline New Member
    Never heard of it just from lifting. You on cycle? I get an irregular HB when I'm on. Any history of Atrial Fib. in your family? Anyone take cordorone/amiodorone/pacerone?

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    cardiac arythmias are pretty common , unless you have ectopic beats ,skipped beats etc you don't have much to worry about

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have heard that is common as well. Is it a problem?

well it was for donating blood and they wouldnt let me...apparently every 6 beats my heart skips a beat
    im not on cycle, and i dont know of any of those symptoms listed above as being in my family history
    oh well, whatever...fuk it...its probably from dead lifting...thats the only exercise i do that i cant breath right

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    I Have PVC's on a regular basis. Sometimes I also get heart flutters, scares the shit outta me when it happends. The other day i was squatting and got a really bad irregular beat and felt really sick. I decided I would do some light arm work and all of a sudden it felt like my heart crunched, I couldnt breath in or out, got dizzy. I think I need to see a doctor....

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve80
    I Have PVC's on a regular basis. Sometimes I also get heart flutters, scares the shit outta me when it happends. The other day i was squatting and got a really bad irregular beat and felt really sick. I decided I would do some light arm work and all of a sudden it felt like my heart crunched, I couldnt breath in or out, got dizzy. I think I need to see a doctor....
    Bro I would go see a DR..Why wait? I get EKG's and Echocardiograms (ultrasound) once a year along with twice a year cholesterol.

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    Bro I would go see a DR..Why wait? I get EKG's and Echocardiograms (ultrasound) once a year along with twice a year cholesterol.

I saw a doctor over the summer and they told me about the PVC's. She also said i had a murmur. I could tell about the flutters without that though. I had an ECG and a ultrasound of m heart. Then they did a 24 hour halter monitor. They said everything was fine. I also DIDNT have a murmur the doc was hearin things.

However after that crunching thing monday I think I will have em check it out along with my cholesterol and kidney/liver values and stuff. Wanna make sure everything is AOK.

Thread Information