Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Polska is offline Anabolic Member

I went to a gay bar tonight

I am an independent IT contractor and one of my good clients owns a tanning salon. He's been trying to get me to come out to a gay club with him just to prove to me that it's not what I think it is. I was reluctant to go b/c I imagined a bar filled with drag queens and flamboyant guys hitting on me and making me uncomfortable (I'm straight). I went tonight for a few drinks and let me tell you it's not bad. First of all it was an awakening... the gay community is another world altogether.

There were very few flamboyant guys and no one in drag. I was only hit on once by a guy who offered to buy me a drink. He was cool when I told him I was straight and paid for my drink anyway. For the first time I got a sense of what it must be like to be an attractive woman in a bar full of guys. Another thing I learned is that gay guys are pickier than straight girls! I was asking my client and his friends about what he thought of other guys in the bar. I picked out a guy who had a pretty good build and was lean. They immediately picked out 20 things about him that they didn't like, from his clothes to his hair and everything.

I always thought that gay guys had it easy bc they could just pick up any other gay guy and that looks generally didn't matter. It's the exact opposite... I've seen girls being picked up by fat slobs bc they had good game. A guy told me that in this bar if you wanted to pick up you needed to bring everything to the table; everything counts. looks, game, attitude. I never thought it would be like that.

And finally if you want to pickup girls, go to a gay bar. There were at least five or six HOT girls there who my client told me were straight (I don't know how he knew). a few came over to our table and were really easy going. I ended up getting one of the girls numbers and I barely even had to say anything. we talked for awhile and when she found out I was straight she was all over me. I think straight girls have their guards down at gay bars... there's no pressure there for them. anyway just wanted to share the experience. I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this from you homophobes.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like if you are straight and have absolutely no game, you may be able to pick up chicks going to gay bars. In that case, I may have to check it out.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boondockSAINT
    Sounds like if you are straight and have absolutely no game, you may be able to pick up chicks going to gay bars. In that case, I may have to check it out.
    Sounds like the idea I had after reading the post

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    dont think il become a regular.... interesting

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    I am an independent IT contractor and one of my good clients owns a tanning salon. He's been trying to get me to come out to a gay club with him just to prove to me that it's not what I think it is

@ how you had to preface it to not seem homo

But on the real...I went to a couple of really well known gay clubs in atlanta with my old lady and her gay male cousin a few times. They were pretty cool and open dumb late (before Shirley franklin made the 2:30 closing time for atl). You right about them being picky...I was looking fly one night with my (then) new kenneth coles and my MONEY prada button up aint get one drink !!!

What was so funny was that I saw one of my males co-workers there with his boyfriend and no one knew he was gay!!

hotstuff is offline Female Member
    there is this awesome gay club i Dallas that I love to go to with my friends. They have this place in the club called the Rose Room and they put on drag shows. It's awesome!!!
    This place plays the best dance music in Dallas on top of that.
    Even though the place is swarming with gay men it also attracts plenty of straight women. I've seen plenty of straght men as well....just adding to the comment about picking up hot chicks at gay bars....

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff
    there is this awesome gay club i Dallas that I love to go to with my friends. They have this place in the club called the Rose Room and they put on drag shows. It's awesome!!!
    This place plays the best dance music in Dallas on top of that.
    Even though the place is swarming with gay men it also attracts plenty of straight women. I've seen plenty of straght men as well....just adding to the comment about picking up hot chicks at gay bars....
    In bold above.. is what i saw when you posted lol...

lol.........you are too straight to be in this thread!

and i'm a female so i can say that! lol

Quote Originally Posted by boondockSAINT
    I usually don't have a problem at straight bars, but I am lazy man. you have to put in work and lay down your game in a regular bar. those girls feel like they're perceived as fresh meat every night they go out. it actually felt more social and open at the gay bar. it won't turn me into a regular, but it was different picking up there.

not all girls want to go to bars to be "hit on" ..... some girls just wanna hang out with their girls and shake their butts on the dance floor. it sucks to have a guy trying to grind you every time you turn around....
    so going to gay clubs with good dance music is alot of fun sometimes cuz there are no worries. you ca just dance with your girl friends and have a good time....
    that is until all you guys pick up on this and start invading the gay bars!

I usually don't have a problem at straight bars, but I am lazy man. you have to put in work and lay down your game in a regular bar. those girls feel like they're perceived as fresh meat every night they go out. it actually felt more social and open at the gay bar. it won't turn me into a regular, but it was different picking up there.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    This is the reason my brother LOVED going to gay clubs with me. He would clean up and have 2 adn 3 women at a time.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

I am an independent IT contractor and one of my good clients owns a tanning salon. He's been trying to get me to come out to a gay club with him just to prove to me that it's not what I think it is. I was reluctant to go b/c I imagined a bar filled with drag queens and flamboyant guys hitting on me and making me uncomfortable (I'm straight). I went tonight for a few drinks and let me tell you it's not bad. First of all it was an awakening... the gay community is another world altogether.
    People assume the stereotype. But there are a lot of us that are normal guys and you wouldn't know unless we tell you.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    well it sounds like you had fun polska. I've been to some as well down here and it was kool with alot of straight women as well.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I always thought that gay guys had it easy bc they could just pick up any other gay guy and that looks generally didn't matter. It's the exact opposite... I've seen girls being picked up by fat slobs bc they had good game. A guy told me that in this bar if you wanted to pick up you needed to bring everything to the table; everything counts. looks, game, attitude. I never thought it would be like that.
    I don't buy that for a second, not all gay men can be super attractive and "bring everything to the table", there must be some ugly/fat/socially inept ones who will in general have to settle for equally unnattractive partners, it's the way of the world.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah my sister is gay and so are alot of her friends. they always tell me how cool the gay bars are, and everyone is chilled out and down to earth. not like the majority of places where drug users and thugs are the norm.

Mizfit is offline Banned

ng counts. looks, game, attitude. I never thought it would be like that.

And finally if you want to pickup girls, go to a gay bar. There were at least five or six HOT girls there who my client told me were straight (I don't know how he knew). a few came over to our table and were really easy going. I ended up getting one of the girls numbers and I barely even had to say anything. we talked for awhile and when she found out I was straight she was all over me. I think straight girls have their guards down at gay bars... there's no pressure there for them. anyway just wanted to share the experience. I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this from you homophobes.
    I will tell you why.. because gay men r the best friends.. and gay bars are awesome environments.. at least in Toronto.

My friends and i used to go a bit and always had a wicked time

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    In bold above.. is what i saw when you posted lol...

oh shit what you wrote had me falling out of my seat at work. that was a real good one.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    oh shit what you wrote had me falling out of my seat at work. that was a real good one.
    lol...... i dont get it

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    look up at one of narks post....

i have read the post, and read it again, still, i dont get it. maybe im tired lol

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I may have to go to a gay bar this weekend with my gay friend, he said its called SwoleKitties or something like that?

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    My fiancee dragged me to one once. I hated it at first, because a couple guys kept eyeballing my sweet asss. lol.

But, pretty soon, some cute lesbians bought me and my girl about 50 drinks.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    my ex's friend thought i was gay and wanted to take me to a gaybar, i told her no, now after reading this post i think i made a mistake lol

O man if you of you guys ever go to Pleasure Island in Disney the gay club there, i believe its called Manicans, it has a revolving dance floor, and let me tell you, no matter how slow it is going, you eat shit walking off that sober or drunk, every time haha

They have a f***ing gay club in Disney? You have to be kidding me.

No wonder their movies are gay.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    They have a f***ing gay club in Disney? You have to be kidding me.

No wonder their movies are gay.
    Pleasure Island has a 8 different clubs pretty much 1 for every theme. they have the typical dance club that plays Top 40, a BET club, comedy club, gay club, disco club, a 'Beach Club', and an 'Adventurer's club'

Streaker is offline Member
    Only bars that play dance music in my town are gay bars. On a Friday or Saturday night, you would have no idea they were gay bars because guys in my town learned long ago that all the girls went there to dance. The only thing that gives them away as gay bars is the giant rainbow flags out front. The best thing about them is I rarely pay for a drink because all the bar tenders are gay and they like to see us straight guys get drunk.

What's next, a gay day-care?

What's next, a gay day-care?
    They exist already. Most Gay and Lesbian community centers offer daycare services. And please don't say something stereotypically ignorant like all gays are child molesters.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 04-27-2006 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    They exist already. Most Gay and Lesbian community centers offer daycare services. And please don't say something stereotypically ignorant like all gays are child molesters.
    I was joking. I meant a day-care for gay toddlers.
    I didn't mean to offend in anyway bro.

I was joking. I meant a day-care for gay toddlers.
    I didn't mean to offend in anyway bro.
    OK. I thought that's where you were going with your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I don't buy that for a second, not all gay men can be super attractive and "bring everything to the table", there must be some ugly/fat/socially inept ones who will in general have to settle for equally unnattractive partners, it's the way of the world.
    you're right, but i was referring to that particular bar, not the entire gay population. you won't see slobs in that particular bar.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    you're right, but i was referring to that particular bar, not the entire gay population. you won't see slobs in that particular bar.
    I guess if you're gonna check out a gay bar you may as well go to one with cute guys eh Polska?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I guess if you're gonna check out a gay bar you may as well go to one with cute guys eh Polska?
    Why not? Who wants to get hit on by ugly people.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Why not? Who wants to get hit on by ugly people.
    Exactly.

Exactly.
    Even though I'm not interested, I thinks it's more flattering to get hit on by a hot woman then by some ugly fat chick.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I had gone once for a friends birthday party. The only bad thing, was that when we were leaving we caught someone trying to break into his car, on his birthday on top of it. So I walk up to the guy and say "What do you think you are doing?" He then used his finger nails and scratched my face. ??? What type of a man scratches?

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    speaking of gay bars, do i look gay in my avy ?..every now n then guys hit on me and i had girls ask me if im gay n stuff like that..crazy but hey a compliment is always a compliment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information