Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Blane

resonator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    YES, I am watching in hopes that when he is done, he may come out and actually do a MAGIC trick....lolol
    LOL thats what I told my wife as he was hobbling down the stairs, "I want to see him levitate down the stairs dammit!"

Even though he didn't break the record, it's still pretty damned impressive. 7 minutes under water is a long time. He probably could have done it if he didn't have to expend so much energy trying to undo his chains.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadon
    I don't understand why everyone hates on him so much. Actually I do. Because all you guys are amazed by his tricks but don't know how the hell he does it. Granite. I'm not a big fan of these big productions such as putting himself underwater for 9 min or in an ice cube. However, if you ever watch any of his street magic you cannot tell me that shit is camera tricks. That shit is amazing in my opinion. The minutes someone can tell me how he does that stuff then i'll respect whoever is talking shit about it
    you apparently didn't read anyones posts. i'd suggest you go back and read mine, and you'll find he is indeed a hoax. you need to read more than just the heading of a thread before you post guy, especially if you're going to throw out false accusations like that.

i already gave my answer for his street magic. i explained how the levitation can be done, and also that much (if not all) of what he does is with actors with a script that are supposed to act as if they're regular everyday people.

you believe everything you see on tv? next, you'll be saying the reality tv shows are real, lol. i guess there are time machines too, like the one on back to the future right? i mean, how could that be a camera trick? the car disappears! it has to go back in time. lol, cmon man, wake up. stop with the assumptions and think.

didn't you ever watch any of those "magic: secrets revealed" shows? there was a masked magician who did a few episodes of a show where he revealed the secrets to a bunch of magic tricks. when he first did them, you were awed. but then he'd show the secret to it and how it works and suddenly it's like "oh, that's it?". it's all illusion and deception.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by novicenovicen
    I've always wanted to activate both vocal cords at once like monks!
    I dated a monk. Well, ex monk. He could do plenty of cool tricks with his vocal cords.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    you apparently didn't read anyones posts. i'd suggest you go back and read mine, and you'll find he is indeed a hoax. you need to read more than just the heading of a thread before you post guy, especially if you're going to throw out false accusations like that.

i already gave my answer for his street magic. i explained how the levitation can be done, and also that much (if not all) of what he does is with actors with a script that are supposed to act as if they're regular everyday people.

you believe everything you see on tv? next, you'll be saying the reality tv shows are real, lol. i guess there are time machines too, like the one on back to the future right? i mean, how could that be a camera trick? the car disappears! it has to go back in time. lol, cmon man, wake up. stop with the assumptions and think.

didn't you ever watch any of those "magic: secrets revealed" shows? there was a masked magician who did a few episodes of a show where he revealed the secrets to a bunch of magic tricks. when he first did them, you were awed. but then he'd show the secret to it and how it works and suddenly it's like "oh, that's it?". it's all illusion and deception.
    yeah that MASKED MAGICIAN IS DA SHIT! i watched thoseover and over he is my ****in hero!!!!!!!!! dood thatlevitationshit is just that.. shit he raises one foot up and stands on the tippie toe of other foot but because both HEALS are off the ground and the CAMERA ANGLE and SHadows. it looks like he is hovering 3 inches off ground LOL also they use underwire harnesses and stuff to levetate him u just dont see that shit w/ the cameras but the people usually do

Homeguard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I dated a monk. Well, ex monk. He could do plenty of cool tricks with his vocal cords.

Ooer

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    yeah that MASKED MAGICIAN IS DA SHIT! i watched thoseover and over he is my ****in hero!!!!!!!!! dood thatlevitationshit is just that.. shit he raises one foot up and stands on the tippie toe of other foot but because both HEALS are off the ground and the CAMERA ANGLE and SHadows. it looks like he is hovering 3 inches off ground LOL also they use underwire harnesses and stuff to levetate him u just dont see that shit w/ the cameras but the people usually do
    glad to hear someone remembers that guy. so many people were after him in the magic industry, but his intentions were supposedly good according to what he said. he basically said he was revealing some of those secrets because magicians have been doing them for so long that he's sick of it and they need to start coming up with new, original stuff and stop doing the same things over and over. his intents were supposedly to force magicians to "spice up" the magic industry.

the way i see it, if someone really had the mental capacity to accomplish all the stuff that blane supposedly does, they'd also have the mental capacity to know enough to put those talents to far more productive uses than doing simple magic tricks with them.

to be able to actually levitate would require someone to actually be able to consciously alter their bodies electromagnetic polarity and boost the polarity to hundreds, if not thousands of times what it normally is to repel them from the earths magnetic field. not saying it's impossible, but people with enough wisdom to do that wouldn't just be focusing on "magic tricks".

resonator is offline Junior Member
    I remember that show. The masked magician was a chick, you could tell. I thought it was probably some Magician's sidekick who got booted for a younger looking assistant or something, who knows. She wanted revenge! lol

I wish she would do some more. But I don't believe it was really her. The size and other things didn't add up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information