• Chevy Collorado

1 4.17%
  • Honda Ridgeline

0 0%
  • Ford Sport-Track

1 4.17%
    cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

Good four door truck?

I'm thinking about getting a four door truck. The bed would not be used for much, mostly moutain bikes, and stuff that I wouldn't want inside of a vehicle.

What do you guys (and gals) think would be a good truck?

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Ford makes the best trucks IMO(strictly talking full size trucks here). I've seen them go longer than any other truck, and I've seen them go "through" more shit than any other truck. Plus they have arguably the most luxurious interiors aswell. If you really want a full size 4 dr that'd be my choice partna. I'd get one myself if I was'nt hot for SUV's right now.

-shaokahn-

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I have an Chevy Avalanche....... I have owned a few trucks and this by far has been the best. Best of both worlds.... for dirty stuff I can haul, use the bed..... then the inside is almost as nice as some luxury vehicles....... leather, heated seats, sun roof, Bose system, DVD TV.......

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    I've got a Dodge Ram Quad cab. I like it.

ford f250 is the toughest truck on the road.

My girlfriend loves the Honda Ridgeline. She loves the little trunk in the back of the bed, and loves the way it handles.

I have always been a Cummins fan (plus my first vehicle I ever owned was a Dodge Ram), so the Dodge is my first pick... but we're home shopping, and have to find a pickup that will fit in the garage well.

So the truck will come after the house. Alot of the garages are quite small, so I'll have to measure out the vehicles.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    ram all the way brother. there is nothing like a hemi truck.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Alex*
    ram all the way brother. there is nothing like a hemi truck.
    Ive got an 03 and I HATE it. I liken it to the chevy cavalier of trucks. They're just cheaply made, Hell Id rather own a 99 or 2000

To each his own but it'll be the last dodge I ever own.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    Ive got an 03 and I HATE it. I liken it to the chevy cavalier of trucks. They're just cheaply made, Hell Id rather own a 99 or 2000

To each his own but it'll be the last dodge I ever own.
    why you hate it..........i used to love my ram.

peump is offline Senior Member
    i would go with a ford

although i would test drive the avalanche befor making my final decision

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ive got an 06 Ram hemi..damn good truck. Nice on the inside..and it looks really sharp. They must have done something with the suspension..its definitely higher than the old ones..Rides extremely smooth..lot better than my last one which was an 03...

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    f250

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    GMC 4-door Denali pickup. Great interior and still strong as hell. My dad has an 04 and I'm hoping to buy it off him soon!

Edit: It's "4-doors" but not crew cab doors if thats what your looking for.
    Last edited by StoneGRMI; 05-10-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Temptation is offline Female Member
    Well how much do you want to spend and what are you going to be using it for? I'd take the Colorado right off the list though... the interior is generic.

Toyota has a 4-door truck too.

Also, what are you going to be storing in the back, how long are your trips, are you going to be towing anything over 1500lbs?

I have an 02' Chevy S10 Crew Cab (short bed). We can't fit an ATV on the back but with the tonneau cover we can store alot of camping stuff (etc) in it. It's only a 6 cylinder but with the cost of gas we weren't interested in blowing 30,000+ on a Chevy 1/4 ton p/u (or more). We needed the 4 doors (so the interior is more like a trailblazer). Our next purchase is going to be a boat but nothing extravagent so it works for us.

Temptation is offline Female Member
    errrr.... got it... Mountain bikes

You def. don't need an 8 foot bed for a mountain bike. I'd go for the short bed. If this is your main vehicle... some of these trucks like the F250 are VERY BIG and simple trips like to the grocery store become very big tasks.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    My vote goes to the Ram, a buddy of mine owns one and I love love it, turbo diesel that thing can move

David03 is offline New Member
    I work at a service station part time while going to college. I have to say that we work on more fords than anything. You should try and rack one of the new 4-door sob fords, and the engineers are all crack heads. Go with a new chevy 1500. They are cheap right now and the new v6 has a lot of power and good gas mileage.

David03 is offline New Member
    If you get a 4-door then get the 5.3L

jolseen is offline New Member
    I would take a dodge ram with a hemi

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jolseen
    I would take a dodge ram with a hemi
    Now you're talkin..its fast

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    dude an S10??????? cmon!!!!!!!!! i had a gmc sonoma (*same thing) and after it broke down like a dominoe effect, i turned it into a durby car we shotgunned and practiced crashing into huge rocks in the desert....dangerous????? yes.....

my buddy shot him self in the leg with a 38 special as i almost flipped the truck on a hill......so...htat being said.....DOdge RAM

Pro_built7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbean
    dude an S10??????? cmon!!!!!!!!! i had a gmc sonoma (*same thing) and after it broke down like a dominoe effect, i turned it into a durby car we shotgunned and practiced crashing into huge rocks in the desert....dangerous????? yes.....

my buddy shot him self in the leg with a 38 special as i almost flipped the truck on a hill......so...htat being said.....DOdge RAM
    ouch. Ford bro deff. Ford.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbean

yep yep..Dodge Ram

Chevy Duramax Diesel.

I used to work at a Dodge dealership, and really love the Rams. I used to drive the 350 V10 and Cummin diesels all the time there. Nothing like a factory lifted 6x6 with a V10 to instill some insecurity in the person next to me. Those things are freaken beasts.

The dealership had a tow vehicle that was a single cab, long box 6x6 V10, with a factory tow package which lifted the truck a good two inches. It was used for other pulling trucks out of the dealership when they got stuck when it snowed. With only a cat back, and cold air for mods, it still had some major torque. In two wheel drive, it could do burn-outs easily with the rear dualies. It was black, and loud as heck with the cat-back. People used to get out of my way quickly when ever I would drive behind them in that thing.

But I do have to consider that after getting married in the spring, that my soon to be wife will want to drive the truck aswell. So it looks like the list is cut back to compact and mid-size trucks unfortunately.

So far
    1: Dodge Dakota
    2: Chevy Collorado
    3: S10
    4: Ford Ranger quad (doesn't have a full backseat, so childseats will be a problem in it)
    5: Toyota Tacoma

We are also looking into SUVs now, since they are actually quite abit less at the dealerships than a truck is.

It will probably be alittle while untill we can get the second vehicle, but it doesn't hurt to look. Who knows, maybe a good deal will come up?

PS my GF is just under 5' tall, so something large is hard for her to get in and out of, as well as steer.

statuZ is offline Banned
    i own a black 2005 f-150 extended cab., check it its pretty badass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good four door truck?-100_0379.jpg   Good four door truck?-100_0380.jpg  

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Toyota Tundra

Thread Information