Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned

Lou Ferrigno...douchebag of the year...

Do yall know Lou is suing his own brother and mother for mainting "Ferrigno Fitness" for using the name Ferrigno...

Ferrigno Fitness was created in 1982 or so, and Lou had nothing to do with the business... and now.. he is suing his own immediate family for using their name..

AND... when Lou's father died, just before he died, Matty (father) saw the Special Edition of Pumping Iron where Lou spoke badly of his father, leaving his dad to die broken hearted...

How much of a douchebag is this guy...

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    that is pretty crappy..

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Sounds like some of my family members..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    F*ck the Hulk.

~SC~

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The year's not over yet...but he's right up there!

M.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Do yall know Lou is suing his own brother and mother for mainting "Ferrigno Fitness" for using the name Ferrigno...

Ferrigno Fitness was created in 1982 or so, and Lou had nothing to do with the business... and now.. he is suing his own immediate family for using their name..

AND... when Lou's father died, just before he died, Matty (father) saw the Special Edition of Pumping Iron where Lou spoke badly of his father, leaving his dad to die broken hearted...

thats ****ed up..thats one thing u should never do, cross ur family....

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    that is pretty crappy..

yea thats fu_ked up

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Lou's father actually was an @sshole to him though,

but yah, that's a $hitty thing to do

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure he has his reasons.
    and i bet money isn't one.

If his brother is a real scumbag, whose just living off the famous name of Lou Ferrigno..

and Ferrigno had enough of some of his bullshit, or something, than i dont see why not sue him..

ofcourse i'm just speculating here.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I've always had a strong disliking for Lou after I found out he charges kids for his autographs...thats just wrong

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Two sides to every story! So far we got one side. I'll wait until I know more before I render my decision. Umm....wait a minute....who cares!!!

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Umm....wait a minute....who cares!!!
    SERIOUSLY SO TRUE!

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    I've always had a strong disliking for Lou after I found out he charges kids for his autographs...thats just wrong
    when first reading this, i believed as some others did that there is always two sides to every story. personally, my family is a bunch of as*holes, but i'm compassionate enough to let their shortcomings go. though my father was an alcoholic, pothead, abusive, etc, i know it was because he has serious psychological issues he never learned to deal with, and i feel moreso sorry for him than i do any kind of resentment.

however, some people can't let things like that go, and if your family really screwed you over, treated you horrible, or something along those lines, why make an exception to how you treat them because they're "family"? your family can be just as, if not more screwed up than anyone else you meet in the world. to me, the most important people aren't your family, who you never had a choice but to be around. the ones most important to me are my friends, who i've made a conscious decision to be around cause i care about who they are as a person and not the fact we grew up together without much of any choice. family *may* always be there, but it's moreso out of feelings of obligation from societies accepted values. friends *choose* to be there cause of genuine concern/care/compassion about you.

anyway, after reading the above comment that lou would charge kids for his autograph, that right there has just tipped the scales in my opinion that lou is actually the as*hole in this situation. with all the money he was making, he certainly didn't need that money from the kids. that is just pathetically low. if when i was a kid i actually cared to get his autograph (which i really didn't), and when i asked him for it he asked me for money, i would've had a little something for him right here...

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=ascendant]

your family can be just as, if not more screwed up than anyone else you meet in the world. to me, the most important people aren't your family, who you never had a choice but to be around. the ones most important to me are my friends, who i've made a conscious decision to be around cause i care about who they are as a person and not the fact we grew up together without much of any choice. family *may* always be there, but it's moreso out of feelings of obligation from societies accepted values. friends *choose* to be there cause of genuine concern/care/compassion about you.

QUOTE]

my point of view exactly. "You should always help your family out no matter what" is som ething ive always disagreed with. some people are related to horrible people, and just because they are family people expect them to bend over backwards for them. bullshit, if someone is a c*nt, i have no time for them, period, family or not. in saying this, i have a great family, and would help any of them if they needed it, as im sure they would for me

Streaker is offline Member
    I charge kids for autographs too. Doesn't everyone?

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Two sides to every story! So far we got one side. I'll wait until I know more before I render my decision. Umm....wait a minute....who cares!!!
    agreed! thats his personal life who the fack cares...its irrelevant to his career.

the steroids with baseball thing is annoying too..like honestly who cares?
    the other day at work we watched the kentucky derby and every1 before it were talking about barry bonds and blah blah talking shit pretty much..and then they are all hyped about the horse race..so of course im like do you guys realize how juiced up the horses are? oh yeah but blah blah im like yea sooo they didnt use steroids over 100 years ago with horses and nobodys making a big stink about it..ugh sorry its been bothering me i wanted to vent that a little..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    my point of view exactly. "You should always help your family out no matter what" is something ive always disagreed with. some people are related to horrible people, and just because they are family people expect them to bend over backwards for them. bullshit, if someone is a c*nt, i have no time for them, period, family or not. in saying this, i have a great family, and would help any of them if they needed it, as im sure they would for me
    great minds think alike

See what steroids do to you they not only hurt you but everyone around you...

(This comment has been paid for by the N.A.S.A.)

Steele is offline Member
    he won't even take a picture with you unless its for money. that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    See what steroids do to you they not only hurt you but everyone around you...

(This comment has been paid for by the N.A.S.A.)
    has nothing to do with gear. anyone can be an as*hole. lou is simply an as*hole that takes gear. can't blame someones personality on something they consume.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Do any of you know him personally? oh ok, so you're going off of media speculation and gossip. lol

oh yea, like others said. Who cares.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    big lou lol. my idol.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    We dont know why Lou did this. Most of us couldnt consider this, therefore since he did it, there might be a good reason. First the name Ferrigno is only known because of Lou and he has the rights to the name when associated with lifting. If his family treated his very badly, I could see him flexing his intellecual property muscles and shutting them down. Not every family is like the Cleavers.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, he must have some beef with his family. Why would he sue his family after letting it go for so many years? There is probably some reason, but I'll bet the general public will never know.

Or he's just an ass.

sounds like you've been reading the rambling freak in this months MD! Yeah I read about that and the mexican Disconnection!

squatdaddy is offline Associate Member
    Ferrigno Fitness response
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrigno Fitness
    In answer to the questions that have been raised concerning the disclaimer put on our website concerning Lou Ferrigno, I would like to explain in the following paragraph. I Andy Ferrigno have been in the Fitness business since 1980 doing business as Ferrigno Fitness . For the first fifteen years of business I had the pleasure of working side by side with my father Matt Ferrigno . We built a great business by manufacturing quality fitness equipment at a price that people can afford. We treated every person as an individual and built a solid reputation on honesty and integrity. In 2001 after my father developed stomach cancer which later turned fatal, I moved my family out to Bethlehem Pennsylvania and closed our New York store. I now have only one location which is located in Stewartsville New Jersey which has been open since 1980 and use the same ideas that made us so successful in the past. Unfortunately we are currently being sued by Lou Ferrigno my brother for the rights to the Ferrigno name .

After my fathers death my brother Lou befriended me and my wife and I thought we could rekindle a relationship that was estranged many years earlier, He however used my friendship as a chance to attack me and my family. He levied a Law suit against us knowing full well all the facts that I outlined above. He did this knowing full well that my wife was battling stage two breast cancer. I worry about her everyday and thank the lord for every precious moment that we spend together. Currently my wife is under a great deal of anxiety and stress because of this ridiculous law suit , but I know that God will guide our path. Please read the attached article and realize that life sometimes can be a rocky road however if you stay on course you will eventually reach your goals. Thank you all for reading my story and may God bless you as he has done for me and my family.

Thank You
    Andy Ferrigno
    I have been to this store a couple of times... humble, nice people
    you make the call

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des
    First the name Ferrigno is only known because of Lou and he has the rights to the name when associated with lifting.
    so i guess we should rename the animals we call tigers.....we wouldnt want Mr. Woods to sue the bronx zoo for improperly using his name.

its his name too and any judge that doesnt throw this case out just by looking at it should be disbarred.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    The part about him charging for pics with him is true, my buddy went to the arnold classic in ohio and everbody was glad to get a picture took with him, but when he asked lou for a pic w/ him. he said "here (holding up premade pictures ) $5 (or $10?, I forgot)" My buddy thought he was a dick and after all he was at a place to show off products, your job is to be seen and take pics. His rep is going to shlt.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    so i guess we should rename the animals we call tigers.....we wouldnt want Mr. Woods to sue the bronx zoo for improperly using his name.

its his name too and any judge that doesnt throw this case out just by looking at it should be disbarred.
    I am sorry I was unaware the Ferrigno family was famous for lifting before Lou. That must be the case for what you are saying to make sense. If Lou Ferrigno became famous for his size, then the family started the gym using his name, it is nothing like tiger woods changing tigers names. But maybe that is what the family is arguing about. If you think they have a right to exploit what he worked to accomplish you may have done what they did. But, if I were Lou I could see myself shutting down your gym if I had the ability to do so.

You dont seem to know alot about intellectual property and copyright laws. A ferderal judge would overide any dumb local judge who tried to ignore federal law.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    when i was down at the olympia i ask if i could take a picture of him and i and he said 20bucks i go thats ok and took one walking off, till this day i think he is a bitch and in it for the money. at that age i would be to though

Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    when i was down at the olympia i ask if i could take a picture of him and i and he said 20bucks i go thats ok and took one walking off, till this day i think he is a bitch and in it for the money. at that age i would be to though
    That makes me like him less than not wanting his family to cash in on his name. I am sure if he had a good relationship with them he wouldnt try to shut down the gym.

ProtienShak3 is offline Junior Member
    rofl this america where you can sue anyone for just about anything! im very curious to see how a law suit turns out when sueing someone for the use of THEIR OWN LAST NAME!!!! lol

I am sorry I was unaware the Ferrigno family was famous for lifting before Lou. That must be the case for what you are saying to make sense. If Lou Ferrigno became famous for his size, then the family started the gym using his name, it is nothing like tiger woods changing tigers names. But maybe that is what the family is arguing about. If you think they have a right to exploit what he worked to accomplish you may have done what they did. But, if I were Lou I could see myself shutting down your gym if I had the ability to do so.

You dont seem to know alot about intellectual property and copyright laws. A ferderal judge would overide any dumb local judge who tried to ignore federal law.
    i understand what you're saying here, but they did not try to market anything to do with lou, nor did they use his actual name to market their products. if people were going to just assume by the last name that this place had to do with lou, that's their own problem. however, unless they specifically stated that the products they sell had anything to do with lou, i don't see how he has any case.

how were they exploiting him in any way? he was a bodybuilder, not a designer of bodybuilding machines/equipment. their business does not target him in any way whatsoever. long before lou was ever lifting, his father was, and his father was who got him into it. without his father, he may have never become who he is today, and this is the appreciation they get for that?!

under the reasoning you're using for the legitimacy of lou's lawsuit, you believe lou has the right to sue because weights are what he used to accomplish his bodybuilding goals? well, what if they had a grocery store, could he sue then too? i mean, food has just as much if not more to do with his size and goals as was the weights, so under your reasoning, he could sue them for that too. he could also sue them if they opened a mattress company. after all, lou had to sleep after those heavy workouts...

looking at this situation from all perspectives, it's ridiculous and illegitimate. then again, so is our judicial system, so who knows what will happen. after reading that info from his brother though, if all that is true, i really feel bad for them and wish them the best in this situation.

MrMeathead is offline Member
    I heard the same thing. Everyone I have talked to that has met him said that he was a real prick.

I am sorry that I did not just jump on the bandwagon to attack Lou. I was unaware he charged money for pics when I first started writing this. I now think he is kind of a butt hole. The point I am trying to make is that if we can argue about it, and no money is involved; one can see how others could also disagree especially when money is changing hands.
    And, if I saw a gym called Ferrigno Fitness, I would assume it had something to do with Lou.
    I just looked up Ferrigno Fitness online. It definately does not look like a family run operation. It is on http://www.louferrigno.com/products.asp?cat=8
    It looks like they took everything, his name, his image everything. I thought it was a gym, but it is just a Lou Ferrigno trinket shop. Now I can even see more why Lou does not want them to make money selling pictures of him. Especially if he wants to charge you for them at shows.

squatdaddy is offline Associate Member
    I am sorry that I did not just jump on the bandwagon to attack Lou. I was unaware he charged money for pics when I first started writing this. I now think he is kind of a butt hole. The point I am trying to make is that if we can argue about it, and no money is involved; one can see how others could also disagree especially when money is changing hands.
    And, if I saw a gym called Ferrigno Fitness, I would assume it had something to do with Lou.
    I just looked up Ferrigno Fitness online. It definately does not look like a family run operation. It is on http://www.louferrigno.com/products.asp?cat=8
    It looks like they took everything, his name, his image everything. I thought it was a gym, but it is just a Lou Ferrigno trinket shop. Now I can even see more why Lou does not want them to make money selling pictures of him. Especially if he wants to charge you for them at shows.
    ahhh...
    that is Lou's site NOT his brother's site... look at my link above for his brother's site... the only thing that mildly resembles anything to do with Lou is a green awning in front... nothing eles

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    I met Lou at an event several years ago. I had him autograph a Bodybuilding pic of me. He didn't charge me or anyone of the other hundreds of people one penny for an autograph. He seemed like a hell of a nice guy! Very friendly. This was the same year he came back and competed in the Mr. Olympia. 1990 maybe 1991?

Maybe he just became a douchbag in his old age.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    that is suprisingm i always thought lou was a stand up guy,but there are 2 sides to all stories

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike250
    I met Lou at an event several years ago. I had him autograph a Bodybuilding pic of me. He didn't charge me or anyone of the other hundreds of people one penny for an autograph. He seemed like a hell of a nice guy! Very friendly. This was the same year he came back and competed in the Mr. Olympia. 1990 maybe 1991?

Maybe he just became a douchbag in his old age.

Who knows. Maybe the charging for autographs was for charity or something. You know, like "get your autograph with The Hulk for $10 to help the Foundation for Chronic Masturbators"...or something like that..

big staley is offline Junior Member
    i see him at the arnold classic every year he's always got t-shirts for sale and he wouldent talk to us he was a dick and i thank he's just a washed up douche tring to make a doller.
    Last edited by big staley; 05-19-2006 at 12:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information