Thread: Bouncer rant

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned

Bouncer rant

Usally, guys are so thrilled to tell people they are bouncer at a club to sound tough/cool whatever (AX_Tanned_Bouncer..). It sucks.
    Lately the club I work at, which was orignally a higher class, elegant night club, turned into a ghetto ass all thug club.
    Anyone ever know what its like to tell 60 drunk 'brotha's' to get out of the club when they are all pissed off their gangsta rap just turned off? It's def not a position you wanna be in. The sad thing is the only sense of security I had last night was the fact that the other bouncer comes to work strapped

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yep but thats the job...it sucks but thats what ur gettin paid for....first time i bounced i was workin the vip section and there were some ghetto ass dudes in there...i remember lookin at one of the dudes and thinkin this guy is the debo of miami...hopin that he didnt start shit, cuase he was like6'5 and thick as hell...glad he didnt start shit...

Well, the problem is, I'm not exactly a 'tough guy' so if a guy is giving me shit, he can see it gets to me.. although I stand up to anyone and dont let them keep me down, I cant intimidate people easly, so thats why when it was a 'nice' club last year it was just a matter of having a good attitude and being friendly to the people there because it was a richer, higher class, older crowd (late 30's or so) who would buy bottles all night, and spend good money. now its just thugs in their mid 20's who buy 1 Heiniken all night

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Well, the problem is, I'm not exactly a 'tough guy' so if a guy is giving me shit, he can see it gets to me.. although I stand up to anyone and dont let them keep me down, I cant intimidate people easly, so thats why when it was a 'nice' club last year it was just a matter of having a good attitude and being friendly to the people there because it was a richer, higher class, older crowd (late 30's or so) who would buy bottles all night, and spend good money. now its just thugs in their mid 20's who buy 1 Heiniken all night
    hahah, its true they really only buy one heiniken...being intimidating its either something u have or u dont...what do u usually get paid there a night?

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    hahah, its true they really only buy one heiniken...being intimidating its either something u have or u dont...what do u usually get paid there a night?
    Here's the part that really pisses me off.
    Last year, when I was barback on some nights and bouncers on others, I'd pull in, anywhere from $80-$125 and I've even taken home $225 in ONE NIGHT (that has happened twice). From working 9-3
    This year, I've been making about, $50-60 a night. from working 10-3.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    to be a good bouncer u gotta be nice/ be their friend and manipulate them NOT INTIMIDATE THEM.. drunk people are easy to sway if u know how to talk NICELY.

stee is offline Member
    a good book you should read about it is is The Bouncers Bible by Doc Holiday. Top read tells the truth too!!.
    The relation i could see in to it is that we never use to get too many people driving past with guns if we gave a gang of lads a kickin the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    to be a good bouncer u gotta be nice/ be their friend and manipulate them NOT INTIMIDATE THEM.. drunk people are easy to sway if u know how to talk NICELY.
    thats my strong point, i'm a very personable person. but when you are dealing with thugs you can be the nicest guy possible but they gotta keep their tough guy gangsta image and act like a douchebag

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    thats my strong point, i'm a very personable person. but when you are dealing with thugs you can be the nicest guy possible but they gotta keep their tough guy gangsta image and act like a douchebag
    no no u kan still be nice u just need to have ur Gold Grill in .. so u look like one of themmmm

no no u kan still be nice u just need to have ur Gold Grill in .. so u look like one of themmmm
    i'm way to white to ever pretend to be a gangsta

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    tai is right, its best to manipulate and persuade, especially when people are drunk. luckily for me, i can be intimidating, so i also can just give them a look that lets them know i would and could fvck them up

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    That must be hard trying to blend into a group of thugs with your ninja suit on.

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    give them the 'what you talking bout willis" face

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    tai is right, its best to manipulate and persuade, especially when people are drunk. luckily for me, i can be intimidating, so i also can just give them a look that lets them know i would and could fvck them up
    thats cause ur a thick mo fo

Fletch3138 is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like if the other bouncers are strapped, then you might need to get something, A stun gun will make a thug, turn into a biatch, real quick. Stun Gun, AKA Act Right, they will act right once they get hit with it. I've had to use one a time or two.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Pay attention to your intuition bro!

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    SVT....you wanna clear a room or group of thugs out...walk to the corner of the room and let a little burst of OC spray go...you can do it subtely keepin it at your side, give it a minute to fill up the room and those bitchs will be OUT...anyway, me being me, i obviously know some good places for you to acquire the real good shit...drop me a p/m lol...

industywetrusty is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    Haha dont act like you bounce all over the place, you have bounced once, and everyone owned you haha.
    Clubs everywhere are becoming over run by boys in the hood and G-unit soldiers I would go to the club straped to man, I dont know whats goin on these days, beleve me i am from FLorida and clubs that had dress code let anyone in these days... if you ask me I would bring a sword, haha no one would **** with you
    Last edited by industywetrusty; 05-27-2006 at 07:40 PM.

Yeah i'm done with that place, its not worth my time/effort/life

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Here's the part that really pisses me off.
    Last year, when I was barback on some nights and bouncers on others, I'd pull in, anywhere from $80-$125 and I've even taken home $225 in ONE NIGHT (that has happened twice). From working 9-3
    This year, I've been making about, $50-60 a night. from working 10-3.
    So that works out to $10 - $12 an hour? - That's BS money for doorwork, buddy.

Very true........BUT - there has to be an underlying threat of force IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    So that works out to $10 - $12 an hour? - That's BS money for doorwork, buddy.

Very true........BUT - there has to be an underlying threat of force IMO.
    yes i know.

Thread Information