Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I think that really depends on what you mean by "happy." What one person would appraise as happiness is much different from the next and I often think people are fooling themselves and maybe that's often what happiness amounts to... There are basic things I'm happy about and I try to focus on those things because there are plenty of things to feel discontented with. The most enjoyable thing for me is my bodybuilding lifestyle. It's my little soliary world and it keeps me controlled and generally content. The fringe benefit of being in shape is having sexual opportunity too and that too makes me happy - at least in the short term. Little moments of hedonistic escape are important to me. We all need some escape. The prospect of building a biz out of this is also exciting and a cause for meaning and purpose so I'm happy about the prospect of an engaging project that stands or falls depending on what I do. Am I happy? I do my best. Sometimes I think it's the expectation of happiness that brings about unhappiness. I see life as a "bitter sweet" pill. I relish in fleeting moments of bliss - like a feeling of awe at something so fundamental it may escape attention, for example, that I exist at all or the exotic round eyes of the little spanish child I saw yesterday or that orange sunset at Smithpoint beach at twilight.....happy moments that come and go.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 05-29-2006 at 08:32 PM.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    to quote the great wise man ...denis leary

"I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." (said in a mockingly voice)

Hey! Join the ****ing club, ok? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks; get a ****ing helmet.

"I'm not happy. I'm not happy."

Nobody's happy, ok? Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five second orgasm. That's it. You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go to ****ing work. That is it. End of ****ing list.

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    if i was ridiculously happy i would kill myself...
    i guess i d be happy once i achieved all the goals i have set out to do - get a PhD in physics and win the Nobel Prize, get MASSIVE, get laid ....

i guess the getting massive part will l awyaws be a lifelong pursuit becuase ill never see myself as 'big enough'

and the nobel prize... ya liek tahts gonna happen

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Ill let you know the key here.....

I found this out a little over 3 years ago and although I may not have the right words to completley express the realization ive come to see I will try.

Im almost positive that maybe not even one person or very very few that read this will understand.

Once you learn to let go of the concept that everyone tries so despratley to do you will be alot more 'clear'

Everyone in this world is so sure and content in the fact that they think they can 'control' life.

But YOUR not guaranteed anything, tommorrow.... your gone why struggle on the fact that your life isnt where you want it to be right now, so many people are never satisfied with this or with that aspect of their life.

Its always a struggle for that little extra that they want to touch, and when they do its that little thing further.

Everyone concentrates on the future so much that they forget to slow life down and take a look at the now. This is what you got and this may be it why not spend each day trying to remember what if you dont get tommorrow.

Your not the clothes you wear, Your not the car you drive, and your not the career you chose. These are just things in life, although it is nice to have nice things dont let your life be revovled around them.

The meaning of life can be sum up in one word and when you figure out what it is youll understand my ramblings a little more.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    The meaning of life can be sum up in one word and when you figure out what it is youll understand my ramblings a little more.
    I'm looking at your avatar and I'm thinking that word may be....

LESBIANS!

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    I am not happy.

While I'd like to say, I can make my own destiny, and I will. Goals will eventually be reached this is true...But there are still things that are not under my control...Those are the things that make me worry about the future. Sometimes I feel time is running out in a way while I approach 30.

Being "rich" and living "richly" are two different things indeed.

Went to one of my awsome friends wedding/reception a couple of days ago...A mix of happiness and jealousy in some way?????

All of my friends are married or getting married, except me.

I have attributes off the chart, but what good does it do you with out someone on your team........?

Getting "ass" is not a problem for me, but it is also not a fix. I don't fix big problems with bandaids anymore.

My future is mine/gods to make. But I do feel co-dependant sometimes how do you open up and love someone without....??

-shaokahn-

Logan13 is offline Banned

can do

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    This is just something i was thinking about this morning.

I'm not refering to rediculously happy which is often difficult to keep up with for a long period of time.

What i am talking about is do you do what you want or at least take the steps to get there, or do you sit back and just wish things were different, but do nothing to change them?

I guess this is kind of a two part question huh
    I am truely happy and content with my life. But this is not the time to sit back and get lazy. The more success one attains, the harder you must work to improve upon and/or maintain this status. I live right, take care of my family, work hard, and respect others(at least to a point). Few of us get to where we want in life: Many are too concerned with being victimized, others are afraid of change, and yet many more are just plain lazy.
    You must first have a long-term goal. Build on short term goals that lead in the direction of the long-term goal that you have established. If you do not create a map towards success, you will become lost in mediocrity.
    Anyone can do anything with proper planning and motivation.
    Remember:
    "Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
    "Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing" -Vince Lombardi

regards,
    Logan13

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah my life is pretty in the shitter right now and has been for the last 2 years. I've been pretty unhappy for a loooong time and I've had a real shit streak lasting for quite a while. Debt, terrible relationship with g/f who is now ex g/f (yes she's done), poor relationship with my parents, dead end job, no college degree, piss poor paying job, still stuck at home, crashed up car from falling asleep at the wheel. Yes I've had some good times. Sorry to say there is nothing memorable in the last 2 years that I can think of where I knew I was truly happy. I just know this crap cant last forever.

solid-d is offline Member
    awsome post and a hard one to answer.. Yes I try to keep myself happy but being truely happy is a different story.. Im in the process of chasing a smart, pretty mature girl who Id like a relationship with but is very close with 2 of my friends which isnt cool.. I feel like I defintaly procrastinate way too much.. Im lazy and wish I had a better education and I better Job.. I just got into a good company which is great but the line im in is not what I want to do.. Im still in training and am getting swamped with info and have a hard time remembering everything.. It takes me a while to get it.. And I dont take notes because Im a horrible note taker and speller.. The gym is my only stress reducer I have.. Well I think I will end here cause I dont want to look at the negitive aspects in my life.. On the positive note though. I do have some very nice close friends.. I have fun on the weekends.. And I have 2 parents that love me alot..

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm happy with what I have. But last week sucked. I rammed my 750 bmw into my house. ****ed up my back bumper so I need to fix that. I just bought a tv for $3200, furniture $10,000 and blinds $5,000. My mortgage as well $4200. It just feels like money was being washed away. I'm used to making money and not spending these amounts in a week. So it was ****en misserable.

PhishStasH is offline Member
    Reading through everyone's posts made me realize that I have a lot of things to be happy about.

I won't sit here and tell you my life is perfect. It's far from what I would consider "perfect." It seems a perfect life does not exist. Anyway...

I am truly blessed. My parents have done so much for me in bringing me up the right way and giving me every oppurtunity in the world to succeed and have a step ahead. Through drug addictions and wasting money that I never had, they have stood by me and still support me in whatever I want to do. I know they just want me to be happy, therein lies their own happiness.

I haven't had a very good relationship w/ a girl, but I just haven't found the right one, yet. I'm not worried about that at all, b/c I know that will take care of itself when the time is right.

I have a home. I have transportation. I have good friends and family that stand behind me. I am in college and not far from obtaining my degree. I have goals and ambitions that I strive for, and the will to accomplish what I've set heart my on.

As simple as it may seem, I have a network of support right here on this board that will listen and give advice when I know I could find it no where else.

There are things I wish I could change. There are things I know I cannot change. There are things I am currently working hard to change. If I keep at it with my head up, I know I will succeed. I may never be content with some things, but I will be content in knowing that I have done whatever I could to change them.

Most importantly, I have my faith. Without my faith, I am nothing. Knowing that I will go on to paradise when I reach the clearing at the end of the path, provides happiness above all my temporary upsets.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    I was going to write a long responce to this but I figured I would just post this little note that I have had for about 4 years now.

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than the facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company; a church; a home. The remarkable thing is, we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...
    We are in charge of our attitudes."

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member

This is deep

Great thread. Ever heard of a movie called the Life of David Gale? This one line in the movie reminds me of your question. "The thrill is found in the pursuit, not always the attainment of that which we think will make us happy." I think its kinda true. I know once I get something I want really bad I was almost happier in the wanting stage and when I get it I'm like, wtf, this isn't so great. It still makes me happy to reach goals and attain stuff but sometimes the wanting stage is enough to suffice. Does this make sense to anybody?

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I'm cutting. What do you think?

I like SC's answer, cuz that's exactly how I feel.

1buffsob

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Ill let you know the key here.....

I found this out a little over 3 years ago and although I may not have the right words to completley express the realization ive come to see I will try.

Im almost positive that maybe not even one person or very very few that read this will understand.

Once you learn to let go of the concept that everyone tries so despratley to do you will be alot more 'clear'

Everyone in this world is so sure and content in the fact that they think they can 'control' life.

But YOUR not guaranteed anything, tommorrow.... your gone why struggle on the fact that your life isnt where you want it to be right now, so many people are never satisfied with this or with that aspect of their life.

Its always a struggle for that little extra that they want to touch, and when they do its that little thing further.

Everyone concentrates on the future so much that they forget to slow life down and take a look at the now. This is what you got and this may be it why not spend each day trying to remember what if you dont get tommorrow.

Your not the clothes you wear, Your not the car you drive, and your not the career you chose. These are just things in life, although it is nice to have nice things dont let your life be revovled around them.

What is that one word?? God? Or Jesus?

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie

I'm not refering to rediculously happy which is often difficult to keep up with for a long period of time.

What i am talking about is do you do what you want or at least take the steps to get there, or do you sit back and just wish things were different, but do nothing to change them?

well id have to say that yea i am pretty happy with my situation right now, although females tend to rock the boat so to speak.

as far as my goals go, i strive everyday to achieve them. from the physical goals i have to the finantial/career goals too

taiotosh7 is offline Associate Member
    Happiness is a feeling, it comes and goes as feelings do. One minute you're happy, one minute you're sad, then you're angry and so on......JOY is the universal state that everyone longs for. I have joy in my life because of Jesus Christ. I think that's the only true way to live your life filled with joy. It's true what the bible says, once you tastes the water you'll never thirst again.....having a relationship with Christ is what brings joy to my life

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Im generally happy, but there are some things im very unhappy about. I miss my ex-gf like crazy. I have a great girl who I like alot, but I still miss my ex.. Makes me feel kind of guilty, which makes me unhappy..

But the rest of my life is great, my body is changing constantly, my new job is great, the new gear im running is top knotch

Now I want to go back to school to be a doctor, and I also want to compete on stage.

Someday i'll be truly happy, just gotta give myself time..

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    What is that one word?? God? Or Jesus?

It not something I can really tell you and youll understand

God symbolizes it but its a little different.

But ill ask you this What do you think is the most important thing in life???

Why do you think God even created people to begin with???

I really like Motoxs' response and I feel he has a 'clear' head in life

Although its really hard to hold onto the specific thought of clarity once you attain it it really makes life alot more understandable...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    im truely happy kuz i finnaly learnd da ninja skill WALK THROUGH WALLS!

Streaker is offline Member
    I can honestly say I am truly happy. I have always been a happy go lucky guy and life just keeps getting better. I have finally found a beautiful girl with a head on her shoulders. We are about to hit the one year mark in our relationship and we just moved in to an awesome apartment together. I have great friends and family. I have a good job that pays well and has good career growth opportunities. I have worked hard over the past 2 years focusing on improving my diet and training and my body is showing the effects nicely.
    My next hurdles in life are to get an MBA and buy a house but I feel I am on track to meet those goals.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i got all your bitchin beat:

i haven't had a hardcore erection in two months... that's right, no morning wood, nothin.

i got shutdown harder than immigrant rights reform and i just cant seem to recoup.

sex is no fun half-cocked.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    im truely happy kuz i finnaly learnd da ninja skill WALK THROUGH WALLS!

thats not a ninja skill, its quantum mechanics... specifically the hysenberg uncertainty principle at work.

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs

i haven't had a hardcore erection in two months... that's right, no morning wood, nothin.

i got shutdown harder than immigrant rights reform and i just cant seem to recoup.

I'd say that takes the cake.... sorry to hear it Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Katelette81
    I'd say that takes the cake.... sorry to hear it Dude!
    i'll be back, just gotta get off this letro. even took 100mgs viagra and 50mgs cialis for one evening just to see... same half-hard-on

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Umm... No, I won't kick a man when he's down.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    i'll be back, just gotta get off this letro. even took 100mgs viagra and 50mgs cialis for one evening just to see... same half-hard-on
    Could it be mental? Relationship issues.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    maybe he is worried it won't work.

maybe he is worried it won't work.
    yeah, thats happened with casual partners but now i don't work even with my girl of five years...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    dont think so... even started to get the old sex drive back but still isn't like it used to be. i'm really thinkin its the letro, thankfully i've got some nolva on the way.

and feel free to kick away. your sexual interests=no competition to me

just startin that diet as well, maybe that'll help

fatale is offline Banned
    I am happy for now, i know that for sure!

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

You aint the only one it happened to. I had the same problem, i took viagra and it may as well have been aspirin cuz it didnt do shit

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    my penis works fine.. so.. yeah im happy

dont think so... even started to get the old sex drive back but still isn't like it used to be. i'm really thinkin its the letro, thankfully i've got some nolva on the way.

and feel free to kick away. your sexual interests=no competition to me

just startin that diet as well, maybe that'll help

yea, letro will do it bro. what types of gear did you take on your last cycle anyway?

hotstuff is offline Female Member
    I think that most of us can be happy in life if we don't focus on the negative so much. Sometimes it seems so much easier to be unhappy.
    Also, we have to make choices in our lives that don't land us in unhappy situations.

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Maybe most can be happy if they focus on the positives but some may be genetically predisposed to intractable forms of mood disorders, neurosis, psychosis or maybe severe untreatable physical suffering. In those cases, you're pretty much shit canned. Not everything ends on a positive note and it's not always possible to have total control of your outcome. You just do your best. In certain cases, I believe that suicide is an act of humanity and a release unecessary suffering. Although many suicides are unfortunate as they are due to the rigid, distorted thinking that accompanies, say, severe depression, I'm sure that some suicides are quite rational and I think Kervorkian was "right on" with that issue. Treatment is a moot point for those intractable cases. But you may be right in saying that most can be happy. It can often be learned to some extent. It's something to aspire towards but let us not judge those who choose to end their lives. That's their right IMO. You can never truly understand how a person is feeling unless you were that person. That's why it's been said that we are essentially invisible to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff
    I think that most of us can be happy in life if we don't focus on the negative so much. Sometimes it seems so much easier to be unhappy.
    Also, we have to make choices in our lives that don't land us in unhappy situations.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    I am freakin MISERABLE, ok happy now, you want to run over my puppy now too????.......I know where there is a ChinChila you could go pull out of Tai's butt too .........LOLOLOL

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member

I was able to invent a new medical technology which is patented and sold througout the world. I know that I have created something which literally helps people all over the world. I think I use this as a means to be happy. I feel as though I have changed the world a little and get to live the rest of my life with a lucky feeling even though I worked very hard for years on my invention.

I heard some great advice when I was a child which I still think is important to this day. I was told to find what I love to do and practice it everyday. As you become good at what you love, try to find a way to make what you love to do, benefit society in some way. This is how you will become successful. It worked for me and I will always be happy I heard that statement when I was young. Good luck in finding what you are looking for. Its out there! If you cant find it, Make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    yea, letro will do it bro. what types of gear did you take on your last cycle anyway?
    its posted in the cycle results section under "go big log"

damn bro, thats quite a stack you were running

no wonder you're so swole

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information