biggen is offline Associate Member

restless leg syndrome

anyone have any expeience with this or know anybody who has. i have had a mild case my whole life that has gotten to the point where i can handle it amymore. it is insane, i can barely sleep at night. and i have a pretty strong mind to control my actions. but i have to move my legs. i dont use drugs, except aas not even alcohol or nicotine. i have done everything recomended short of going to the doctor to get drugs prescribed to me. and thats the last thing i want to do. any help0 would be awesome thanks

Mizfit is offline Banned
    clomazapam will take it away - sorry hun prescription. It wil also help you sleep.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have it kinda...i have to just rub my feet together in a certain way or i can't fall asleep....My grandfather has Parkinsosn's disease and the doctors know that it skips a generation so they check me every year and so far so good, but they figure i have the gene due to my twitching feet.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    They thought it was the cause of my insomnia .. but it wasn't

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    My GF has it, it drives me crazier than her.

I read that putting a bar of soap under your sheets keeps legs from cramping up, and doctors don't understand why...but it works. I don't think restless legs are a cause of leg cramps but the bar of soap might not be a bad idea to try.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    In most cases, the cause of RLS is unknown (referred to as idiopathic). A family history of the condition is seen in approximately 50 percent of such cases, suggesting a genetic form of the disorder. People with familial RLS tend to be younger when symptoms start and have a slower progression of the condition.

In other cases, RLS appears to be related to the following factors or conditions, although researchers do not yet know if these factors actually cause RLS.

People with low iron levels or anemia may be prone to developing RLS. Once iron levels or anemia is corrected, patients may see a reduction in symptoms.
    Chronic diseases such as kidney failure, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and peripheral neuropathy are associated with RLS. Treating the underlying condition often provides relief from RLS symptoms.

Some pregnant women experience RLS, especially in their last trimester. For most of these women, symptoms usually disappear within 4 weeks after delivery.

Certain medications-such as antinausea drugs (prochlorperazine or metoclopramide), antiseizure drugs (phenytoin or droperidol), antipsychotic drugs (haloperidol or phenothiazine derivatives), and some cold and allergy medications-may aggravate symptoms. Patients can talk with their physicians about the possibility of changing medications.

Researchers also have found that caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco may aggravate or trigger symptoms in patients who are predisposed to develop RLS. Some studies have shown that a reduction or complete elimination of such substances may relieve symptoms, although it remains unclear whether elimination of such substances can prevent RLS symptoms from occurring at all.

WOW....Mizfit your smart and beautiful...the total package eh?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    WOW....Mizfit your smart and beautiful...the total package eh?
    Only cute..

I've done my research on a lot of subjects.. I like to know what people are talking about, not just pretend i understand.

nice...smile and nodding isnt your thing i guess....not cute...beautiful

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I have it... never really bothered me much....I don't even notice that my leg is shaking... normally other people who are sitting next to me tell me to stop :P I find that sleeping on your stomach usually makes them stop...but then again...i don't sleep :P

Thread Information