Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

want to punch my docs nurse

i had my knee surgery two days ago. well let me tell you its one of the worst pains i have ever experienced. lastnight i was in tears because the pain pump of novicaine ran out. well yesterday before that i called the doc to see if i can get something stronger then the low dosage of percs they gave me. told her they werent working that i needed to take more then recommended to rid the pain. well she started yelling at me saying not to take more then 2 or ill get sick. i was like lady i took 4 and am fine. i ended up hanging up on her. today i called for him again. she still wont put him on the phone. she even says that i cannot get ahold of him or talk to him until my next appointment. that he wont talk to me. thats pretty rediculous to say as i had a 35k operation from the guy only 2 days ago. says she will write me out another prescription but not to call again next week looking for more!!.. i understand that pain meds are a problem with addictions but how can you try to cut someone off after 2 days of a big operation. its not like i sit alone in bed and say to myself hmm let me get really high today by myself in bed.!!!ahh i hung up on her again.. just venting!!

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    what op have you had done?
    ive had a full knee ligament reconstruction 3yr ago

acl replacment

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    acl replacment
    i had acl replacement and mcl repair. is your back of thigh all black and purple? my acl was replaced with a strip of hamstring tendon

Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    i had acl replacement and mcl repair. is your back of thigh all black and purple? my acl was replaced with a strip of hamstring tendon
    oh.. and cartilage removed lol

they took it from my patella tendon. and i dont know how bruised i am. he told me not to take the immobilizer and dressing off yet.

they took it from my patella tendon. and i dont know how bruised i am. he told me not to take the immobilizer and dressing off yet.
    the pain is unbearable. i used to get up in middle of night for a piss and the shootin pains were unreal man.
    how did you do it. i done mine playing football, i got snapped by the goalkeeper but still scored haha

the pain is unbearable. i used to get up in middle of night for a piss and the shootin pains were unreal man.
    how did you do it. i done mine playing football, i got snapped by the goalkeeper but still scored haha
    your not kidding.. i was in so much pain lastnight when the pain pump ran out. i got up to piss and i got soo stomach sick, i started to shiver and cry like a baby... i sure hope tonight isnt the same! happend playing basketball. came down on a hopstep and hyperextended.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I hat the same surgery, and also had my mcl sewn back together and most of my miniscus taken out. If my doc's nurse denied me pain meds, I'd would have killed her. Call your family doctor and explain the situation. Either he will prescribe something or he will get in touch with your surgeon.

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member

I had the exact same operation on my right knee in 96. My God, it was and is to this day the worst exp. of my life. The entire back of my leg was black and blue. When I first woke up from surgery it was the worst pain I have ever felt. I had no relief til I got wheeled up to my room and got hooked up on the Morphine drip. I was pushing that damn button every time I was allowed to. I was in the hospital the rest of the day and night and man was that some relaxing sleep. I would just doze off, wake up, hit the button, fall back asleep.... then the morning came.. this bitch nurse comes in and tells me to go take a piss. I looked at her like she out of her mind. I couldn't even imagine being able to get out of the bed and make it over to the toilet. Then she tells me if I can't go in the next 20 minutes they'll have to insert a catheter (sp). Long story short I ended up having that tube jammed up my dick. When I got home sleeping was impossible..the had me weined down to Vicadin and it wasnt doing shit. It took me 3 hours a day to do my at home rehab and it was to painful to describe. What really hurt like hell though was in rehab they would hook up Electro pads to my quad to get it to contract. No shit man, this felt like freaking lightning going up my leg. My knee still give me contstant problems to this day........sorry for the long post... reliving some nightmares lololololol.....I honestly wish I never would have had the surgery.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Some nurses are bitches because all they do is nothing all day and count the minutes until lunchtime!!

~SC~

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Some nurses are bitches because all they do is nothing all day and count the minutes until lunchtime!!

~SC~

true

IronAdam is offline Member
    That sucks bro, I feel your pain. I've been through my fair share of surgeries and they're always stingy with the vicodin. Best of luck.

yea no kidding i needed some more too and they wouldnt give me anyway, but i found another way of getting them so it was all good, then when i didnt need em anymore i quit buyin em from this guy, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes i guess.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh yeah, wait until the first time you stand up and the blood rushes down to the post-op knee. Now that is pain.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    Oh yeah, wait until the first time you stand up and the blood rushes down to the post-op knee. Now that is pain.
    ouch, no kidding.

ya it sucks, i feel it everytime i get up to piss.

thats too bad man

Thread Information