Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member

who else fvcking hates the world cup?!

ok i realise im going against the norm here, but ive had it with the whole patriotism/false hope bullshit that my country is so renowned for. i am not a football fan, but, i appreciate the fact that there are millions of them around me, and i do like seeing people become enthusiastic about something. but for fvcks sake, enough of the houses plastered with novelty england flags. enough of the cheap, tacky, worthless and downright horrible novelty world cup songs that get released by groups that over-exaggerate the southern english accent. enough of all the pissed-up scum that comes out of the pubs, and stagger home at 5pm in broad daylight, infront of their kids, singing shitty football chants whilst showing attitude to anybody they come into contact with, and enough of the illegal immigrants and/or foreigners that barely speak the language going over the top with their celebrations and superficial patriotism as if their citizenship depends on it! fetch me a damn bucket. AAAHHHH, that felt better!

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    how dare you say that about the world cup
    ur goin to hell

actually i dont like most fans either, but the matches are spectacular

well, hell for me would be the world cup! so, im kinda already there

dont get me wrong, if i sit and watch the game, like for instance i had no choice the other day as i was doing security at a bar that was showing the match, and i got right into it, i actually dont mind the sport side of it too much. just the rest of my points above that make me wanna go and kill some people lol

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Die!!!
    wounded! so, nobody as yet is on my side here? what is the world coming to?

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Prolly other security personnel/Bouncers would be getting sick of it by now too.. maybe bartenders and some other Service people who deal directly with the fans..

but for the rest of us and most of us, it does not apply sorry lol

none of you guys live in england though am i right? not sure what its like in the states, but its ridiculous and laughable, and very embarrassing to see all this bollocks. i was just lying in the bath with the radio playing, and they must have played 6 songs in a row, each one more cringe-worthy and tacky as the last, that were all dedicated to the world cup. "enland are the champions" etc, since when you muppets? we say this every year and havent won in over 3 decades lol. like i said, i love to see people being enthusiastic and passionate, but its just silly when it gets like this. i WANT england to win, without a doubt, as it would make so many people i know happy, i just hate it when i feel embarrassed to be british. im not sure how other countries behave now, maybe they all act the same for the world cup, which makes me feel more at ease as we are not the only ones acting like morons, starting fights for no other reason than we have no social skills when we are drunk, and because some human being scored a goal in a game of sport

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    All the world cup is about is partying. You support your country and get together and party hard. It comes along every 4 years so just have fun with it. I kinda wish I was over there so I could get hammered and sing songs about i dont know what and just meet people. It must be an awesome experience.

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    wounded! so, nobody as yet is on my side here? what is the world coming to?
    Hey timm, looks like its me and you back to back man. Mind you it wont take a mastermind to work out why i hate shitball.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    ok i realise im going against the norm here, but ive had it with the whole patriotism/false hope bullshit that my country is so renowned for. i am not a football fan, but, i appreciate the fact that there are millions of them around me, and i do like seeing people become enthusiastic about something. but for fvcks sake, enough of the houses plastered with novelty england flags. enough of the cheap, tacky, worthless and downright horrible novelty world cup songs that get released by groups that over-exaggerate the southern english accent. enough of all the pissed-up scum that comes out of the pubs, and stagger home at 5pm in broad daylight, infront of their kids, singing shitty football chants whilst showing attitude to anybody they come into contact with, and enough of the illegal immigrants and/or foreigners that barely speak the language going over the top with their celebrations and superficial patriotism as if their citizenship depends on it! fetch me a damn bucket. AAAHHHH, that felt better!
    Boo hisss booo booo booooooooo.................
    stone him............................................... ....

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    Boo hisss booo booo booooooooo.................
    stone him............................................... ....
    Ah come on now Booz you know hes right. mind you, you may not get it as bad down there.

DDDNTZ is offline Associate Member
    I love to play soccer, but god is it boring to watch kind of like golf.

stee is offline Member
    or paint drying on a wall. thats quite exciting!

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    nothin wrong with showing a bit o patriotism.................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I hate Football 100%,

when is the world cup starting anyway?

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    i just don't get watching sports in general. i guess i'm an anti-stereotypical male. i used to love to play football, but i just don't get watching others play sports. just never been able to get into it.

thing that drives me crazy is those obnoxious people in bars where when a team scores, they feel a need to scream "yyyeeeaaahhhh!!!!" and clap as loud as they can and start ranting and raving. they act as if they just made the touchdown/score/whatever, meanwhile they're usually fat as hell, eating wings, drinking beer, drunk, and couldn't run for more than 5 seconds without running out of breath and falling to the ground with chest pains.

i guess to each his own, but i just find those kind of people to be a complete joke. it's like you love sports but you yourself are in the worst shape you can be in short of being dead? again, i just don't get it?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bollocks to the minority vote.

World Cup is awsome! Did anyone see the Oz brazil match this afternoon?

i agree, but i just dont like the way we seem to cheapen the image of our nation. i think ive said all i have to say on the reasons why it pisses me off, so il shut up repeating myself lol

carved.in.stone is offline Junior Member
    cant wait till the sh1t is over and top gear is put back on, agree with timm on this.

stee is offline Member
    Nah i know that but it gets to me when its people are patriotic about a sport. its totally hypocritical to fly flags etc and go to the pub to support the team when day to day playing of the game people couldnt care less. I dont like football at all. But people in england seem to take it to the Nth degree when it comes to supporting things they no nothing about. like when you lot won the rugby world cup in 03' im not bitter dont get me wrong im an out an out rugby fan. i had people in work talkign to me about rugby because england were the champions then after 15 mins of listening to them talk shit they will say they i know nothing about the game they have only shoed interest since england won the cup.
    That kinda shit winds me up if you dont like the game you dont like it and dont pretend you do because the cup is in your country. sport in general dont need tossers like that.
    P.s sorry if this sounds like a bit of a rant

carved.in.stone is offline Junior Member
    hit the nail on the head stee.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    One thing i've noticed so far, is that the Larin Teams are kickin some serious ass so far in the cup.
    ECUADOR.BRAZIL>ARGENTINA.MEXICO.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say it's more so the ambience and the fact that it's every four years with the best competing. Admitedly some games are boring.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I thought erryone in England loved Football.

Football and lifting weights.

I really enjoy watching football aka soccer. To me it's like an art.

It's a beautiful game especially when you get to see Brazil play.

If I could do it over again I wish I would've stuck with soccer.

Even if you don't like football the World Cup is a spectacle only seen every 4 years.

Where else can you see Iran and US in a friendly match.
    Last edited by Smak; 06-18-2006 at 09:00 PM.

im not against football, i agree the world cup is a spectacle and its a great thing to see teams from different countries squaring off, but what im complaining about is the way my country behaves

Homeguard is offline Associate Member
    Not a big football/soccer fan either

However, I do watch the England games as I'm very patriotic.

stee is offline Member
    see im welsh so im not going to be patriotc about england. But im patriotic about being welsh, i will support wales in rugby, unless they are playing ireland because i grew up watching rugby with my father whos a Paddy.
    But if ireland or wales was playing football i really couldnt care less if they won or lost.
    Id rather watch two dogs shagging.

MAJOR25 is offline Member

Are u serious????????? God please forgive him, he thou no know what his talking about. I know that everybody had their own opinio but this is like the worst sin ever, you'r going to hell

I don't know what u smoking but that is some brainwash chit.. This is the most popular game among all countries. ADVICE: Stop Smoking what ever it is and don't watch it or change it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAJOR25
    Are u serious????????? God please forgive him, he thou no know what his talking about. I know that everybody had their own opinio but this is like the worst sin ever, you'r going to hell

I don't know what u smoking but that is some brainwash chit.. This is the most popular game among all countries. ADVICE: Stop Smoking what ever it is and don't watch it or change it.
    what i smoke makes me far more chilled out and less likely to give a shit what others are doing due to football. if you could just re-read my posts, and many others should aswell before they think i am disagreeing with the actual point of the world cup, for fvcks sake i cannot see how people can disagree with my statements, as they are all correct and certainly not due to brainwashing. people in my country lose the plot when the world cup arrives

stee is offline Member
    what i smoke makes me far more chilled out and less likely to give a shit what others are doing due to football. if you could just re-read my posts, and many others should aswell before they think i am disagreeing with the actual point of the world cup, for fvcks sake i cannot see how people can disagree with my statements, as they are all correct and certainly not due to brainwashing. people in my country lose the plot when the world cup arrives
    timm dont rise to it man. everyone knows football is wank.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    The world cup is the best!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I fvcking hate it so i'm with you brotha

playboii is offline Senior Member
    I hate it very much I think that whole sport sucks.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by playboii
    I hate it very much I think that whole sport sucks.
    agreed but to each there own

dangeroussafety is offline Junior Member
    i don't think many people know it's going on out here in the midwest

my friends and i put the matches on when we're playing poker...those dern ferners git so farred up fer that there sport

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Soccer is a great sport. The players are damn tiny though.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

stee is offline Member
    i really hate football. i cannot stand the game. im sick of the way they fall over and pretend they are hurt all the time. i hate that when the ref blows up for a offence they all swear at him and crowd round him, i hate the way they always front up to each other and pretend they are hard guys, i hate that the way they have no respect for anything even the law. and the way many of them spit at eachother. i hate the way that the fans behave, i hate the way that the fans chant and make horrible songs up that are just abusive, i hate that many football fans think they are hard because they get a surge of test when the "match" is on, i hate the way they call it a match and not game. i hate the fact that everytime you put sky sports on there is something about shitball on, i hate the adverts that are on all the time with their poncy little faggots who think they are gods because they have a tallent of kicking a bag of wind around a field. i hat ethe way they are considered elite athletes, i hate the way they earn so much for doing so little. adn i hate all the hype about a game that can be played for 120mins or what ever the extratme in a final is. then be won in the final minute by a ball crosing a line in to a net. WTF kinda game is that.

but the one thing about the Football World cup that puts a smile on my face....it reminds me its just over 12 months to the Rugby World Cup.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i just wanna say "**** you soccer!" that is all

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godkilla
    i just wanna say "**** you soccer!" that is all
    shit why didnt i think of that.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stee
    shit why didnt i think of that.
    someone mentioned soccer while i was watching the stanley cup playoffs. i laughed and then replied; "who gives a shit about soccer anyways"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information