Thread: Boats

kman is offline Anabolic Member

Boats

Anyone own or lease a boat? I want to lease a boat this summer, but not sure about the prices. I like these seadoo jet boats, small enough to fit in the driveway,fast as hell, and real sporty looking. Nothing crazy, hoping to get payments around 3 bills a month and might split it with my brother. Are these things a pain to maintain, the vibe I am getting is that there is always something wrong with them. ANYONE??

diamonds is offline Banned
    Everyone I know that owns a boat says that the best boat is someone else's boat. All the incidentals will cost you way more than that $300 a month you're wanting. Gas, maintenance, storage or dock fees, de-winterizing (if applicable) are just the first few that come to mind.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    I got a 22' sea ray....love it.....fun to hang, THE CHICKS DIG IT & its amazing how many friends you get when you have a boat..hmmm. just remember -buy or lease...BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand!!!

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I've got a 24 foot pontoon. Seats up to 14 and gets great gas milage. If your looking for something fast a pontoon isn't it. But when you want something to just chill out on with a bunch of friends for a few drinks and some sun you can't go wrong.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    I got a 22' sea ray....love it.....fun to hang, THE CHICKS DIG IT & its amazing how many friends you get when you have a boat..hmmm. just remember -buy or lease...BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand!!!
    hey my new best bud!!!! lets take it to paddy mcgees, leave the chicks at home and we will have a party on the boat lol!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    my rents just sold there 62 foot fairline....thing was the shit...vagina magnet...

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a Wave Runner. It only lasted 3 years . Put on about 350 hours. After that the engine blew up. It got about 5 miles to the gallon. If you plan on salt water you have to wash off the salt every time you go out. The new 4 cycle's are the only way to go. I would also mention that the wave runner
    hull with the notch's are the way to go. The smooth spoon like hulls will make you tip. I can actually surf on a wake and not tip. Get the one with the most power. They usually have an engine and a 20 gallon gas tank and a 2 gallon oil tank. Pure muscle. Insurance is about $500 a year. Make sure you can get it before you buy. Pay cash! The payment thing sucks in the winter.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    I had a Wave Runner. It only lasted 3 years . Put on about 350 hours. After that the engine blew up. It got about 5 miles to the gallon. If you plan on salt water you have to wash off the salt every time you go out. The new 4 cycle's are the only way to go. I would also mention that the wave runner
    hull with the notch's are the way to go. The smooth spoon like hulls will make you tip. I can actually surf on a wake and not tip. Get the one with the most power. They usually have an engine and a 20 gallon gas tank and a 2 gallon oil tank. Pure muscle. Insurance is about $500 a year. Make sure you can get it before you buy. Pay cash! The payment thing sucks in the winter.
    I hate making payments for something that I can't even use. Motorcycles, boats, snowmobile, anything season is best to pay with cash.

Thread Information