dirtylilsecret is offline Junior Member

Anyone coach underage sports?

I'd love to start. My friends are doing it and they say they are great at it, and get a great rush from from the kids saying "Coach you're the greatest"
    and other cool things like that.

I was just wondering if any of you are involved in such a matter, maybe I can be one too.

bump

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've coached youth football, basketball, and baseball. It's a blast!!!

That's coool. I hope I can catch up! That's impressive what you have.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I host an occassional class at my local gymnasium for teaching gymnastic related exercises and techniques, specifically designed for the uneven bars and the olympic rings. Some of you probably already know this, but kids are a lot stronger than most people realize. Heck, have you tried doing the monkey bars lately? I bet most kids can outperform most adults.

Gymnast secret: On of the main reasons why most gymnast are able to hang or suspend themselves in the air using the hands is because of the false grip technique. A false grip consist of locking the end of your fingers by creating a cup or "hook-like" position with your fingers. This puts much less stress on your forearms, which is critical in being able to sustain ones self with their hands while doing exercises such as the olympic rings. Also, this false grip technique is very beneficial while performing exercises such as the lat pulldown and your basic overhand pullup. The false grip technique forces you to keep your elbows wide to achieve maximum leverage. Also, try keeping your thumbs running straight underneath the pulldown or pullup bar to ensure proper biomechanics. Try this technique as most of you will find yourself keeping your wrist straps at home moving forward.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to coach baseball and basketball.

10-and-under basketball for 3 years.

13-14's baseball for 3 years.

Lots of fun. Especially the younger kids, they have me on my ass laughing at times.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    I started coaching youth football this year, as my son is 7 and just started playing. Best feeling was at half time of one of my games, a kid comes up to me and says "Great job coach". What a feeling, since then I see kids in the store and they run up with a huge smile to say hello, or the shy ones you hear saying, daddy thats my coach that plays football.

I also coached little league this year, but that town was not the best and kind of sucked. So be it, I'll stick with my home town and stay out of my ex's.

Yeah, I defintely love the positive comments.
    And it's cool to see kids in sports.
    And sad to see fat kids in the mall eating at fattenning restaurants.
    I feel sorry for them. Some really have potential.

Me for example, I've played soccer since I was 4. I think involving kids in sports is just as important as involving them in anyother habit (school, looking at two sides of the road for traffic, even brushing teeth). I mean it's supposed to be normal IMO.

What do you guys think?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Even as a kid and still to this day ...... I'd pick sports over anything else

Thread Information