cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

One cop's answer to a telemarketer

I think this was pretty funny

One cop's answer to a telemarketer

The phone rang as I was sitting down to my evening meal, and as I answered it I was greeted with "Is this Karl Brummer". Not sounding anything like my name, I asked who is calling.

The telemarketer said he was with The Rubber Band Powered Freezer Company (or something like that). Then I asked him if he knew Karl personally and why was he calling this number.

I then said off to the side, "get some pictures of the body at various angles and the blood smears", I then turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had entered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already traced this call and he would be receiving a summons to testify in this murder case. I questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call.

The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice. I then told him we had located his position and the police were entering the building to take him into custody, at that point I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away.

My wife asked me as I returned to our table why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes.

My meal was cold, but it was the best meal in a long, long time.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I hate telemarketers...Especially when you knows its just a random call and you have to say hello 3 times and then they finally look at their comp screen to figure out who they reached and ask for them. I just hang up.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    nice one

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    dude that is gold, i usually will just give the phone to my 5 yr old nephew and let him talk about yugioh cards. the best is when you say your interested and just put the phone down and walk away, then you can comeback and be like sorry i was in the bathroom can you say that again?? im really interested... they usually dont get the point till the second round.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I hate telemarketers...Especially when you knows its just a random call and you have to say hello 3 times and then they finally look at their comp screen to figure out who they reached and ask for them. I just hang up.
    yea i used to work as a telemarketer raising money for the Fraternal Order of Police for different states. we were told to sound like cops,

in a deep loud voice "ma'am, are you refusing to support the officers that are out risking their lives for you each and every day".

the FOP got 8% of the money donated and the rest went to pay for the fundraising. heheh

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thats great

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    nice one

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    im gonna give that a go

Dos
    Dos is offline New Member
    Brilliant, I'll be using that one!

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually say that the person (me) they are calling for doesn;t live here anymore because he died a violent death and I bought his house at auction.
    I then go into a vivid description of the murder until they try to end the conversation, but I try to keep them on the line as long as possible giving them brutal details about how I was tortured, killed, etc...
    My girl and I usually take turns to see who can keep them on the phone the longest without laughing.

The best part is that if they think the address and name don't match and they think the person on their call list is dead, then they usually never call back.

Thread Information