Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Anyone ever date....the ALIEN?

Yeah, it's a first for me....dating the illegal alien! It's an entry into another world where your concerns completely shift and you start to focus on that social problem that is illegal immigration or the expoitation of refugees by American employers.

Of course, seeing that my girlfriend is here illegally, I'm sympathetic. If you're living in a place where the government is falling apart and there's little hope to better your cause, you do what you have to do. In the case of life or death, life comes before law. Americans may not like that but I think you have to go beyond nationalities and get into the rhelm of humanity. There you'll find clarity and concern for all peoples....IMO.

GUnit33 is offline Member
    I could see this thread turning bad fast...hopefully everyone is calm about the subject....

My take on illegal aliens, even if the woman is drop dead gorgeous is that if you're here illegally, go back, and come through legally. Why come her illegally? You've got to be a complete moron not to be able to pass the test you have tot ake to get into the states. This way we don't have all the issues that are always in the media, and in turn possibly less racism towards hispanics and other immigrants.

Here in omaha we have a lot of hispanics and a lot of sudense, and I don't mind it, but it gets a little old when, working in a job that we run ccredit checks, the person gives you an ID that says they are 40 when in fact they are younger than you are. I've told people to leave the store before because I didnt want to call the cops, but that identity theft stuff is ridiculous.

I don't get defensive about the topic. I think it's a way of learning about other people's values and learning about how informed peoples oppinions are. I'm sure many crude types will chime in....in fact, look at one of the responses below....they are out there! Ignorance abounds no doubt.

But granting such immaturity, at this point in time, I don't feel I've fully researched the problem (have you?) so my oppinion on this is tentative and in want of more info. I only speak out of some of my experiences from what I've seen directly and what hispanic people have told me about their Gringo employers. It bothers me. I sympathize with these people. Yet, I feel I need to hear more about the other half of the story. So it's back to research. But I can say even with more info, I think where you will draw the line will ultimately be a matter of how broad-minded you are. Everyone has their limits.

Quote Originally Posted by GUnit33
    I could see this thread turning bad fast...hopefully everyone is calm about the subject....

My take on illegal aliens, even if the woman is drop dead gorgeous is that if you're here illegally, go back, and come through legally. Why come her illegally? You've got to be a complete moron not to be able to pass the test you have tot ake to get into the states. This way we don't have all the issues that are always in the media, and in turn possibly less racism towards hispanics and other immigrants.

Here in omaha we have a lot of hispanics and a lot of sudense, and I don't mind it, but it gets a little old when, working in a job that we run ccredit checks, the person gives you an ID that says they are 40 when in fact they are younger than you are. I've told people to leave the store before because I didnt want to call the cops, but that identity theft stuff is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 10-11-2006 at 03:19 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I don't agree with it. I know the process might be hard to come here legally but its something you should have to do. My gf and here family were able to do it. If there county is so bad that they have to leave nobody says the have to escape to the USA. There are other countries in the world that may be better then their homeland.

You really have to use your imagination. Imagine yourself desperate and your situation in your homeland is dire. You hear that if you go to america, you'll have a chance at a life. What do you do? Answer: You do what you have to do. These people are doing what they think they have to do....to live.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I don't agree with it. I know the process might be hard to come here legally but its something you should have to do. My gf and here family were able to do it. If there county is so bad that they have to leave nobody says the have to escape to the USA. There are other countries in the world that may be better then their homeland.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    You really have to use your imagination. Imagine yourself desperate and your situation in your homeland is dire. You hear that if you go to america, you'll have a chance at a life. What do you do? Answer: You do what you have to do. These people are doing what they think they have to do....to live.
    A lot of these people are stealing identities and destroying border towns with corruption and crime. Yes humanity and life are big decisions, but a growing majority of these people are trying to establish lives here at the expense of American citizens.

I respect the right to live and breathe, but I do not respect the right to live at the expense of someone else's livelyhood.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I not saying if i was in the same situation i wouldn't do what i have to do. But i don't agree with it. My girl grew up in communist Poland. rust me i heard a lot of bad stories. But Her family could have left for a western European country too beside the USA if they were just trying to escape the hardships.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't get defensive about the topic. I think it's a way of learning about other people's values and learning about how informed peoples oppinions are. I'm sure many crude types will chime in....in fact, look at one of the responses below....they are out there! Ignorance abounds no doubt.

But granting such immaturity, at this point in time, I don't feel I've fully researched the problem (have you?) so my oppinion on this is tentative and in want of more info. I only speak out of some of my experiences from what I've seen directly and what hispanic people have told me about their Gringo employers. It bothers me. I sympathize with these people. Yet, I feel I need to hear more about the other half of the story. So it's back to research. But I can say even with more info, I think where you will draw the line will ultimately be a matter of how broad-minded you are. Everyone has their limits.
    The other side of the story is these people are here ILEGALLY and choose to come here, knowing the risks and stories of working in this country.

I don't sympathize for coal mine workers when they get black lung, and I won't sympathize for illegal aliens who feel exploited by American bosses. It's a CHOICE. Supply and demand. There are plenty of Mexicans in supply, if you're not a citizen of this country, you are not entitled to minuimum wage. Deal with it. If you want minimum wage, benefits, and rights, do it the LEGAL way.

Besides, you oughta look up how hard it is for an American to work in Mexico...

HOWEVER, good luck with the girl Mike. I encourage you, if it goes long term, to look into VISA or work permits for her.

carter is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, it's a first for me....dating the illegal alien! It's an entry into another world where your concerns completely shift and you start to focus on that social problem that is illegal immigration or the expoitation of refugees by American employers.

Of course, seeing that my girlfriend is here illegally, I'm sympathetic. If you're living in a place where the government is falling apart and there's little hope to better your cause, you do what you have to do. In the case of life or death, life comes before law. Americans may not like that but I think you have to go beyond nationalities and get into the rhelm of humanity. There you'll find clarity and concern for all peoples....IMO.

i could say something very funny right now but its a bit arrogant and narrow minded .. so i'll hold off... for now

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by carter
    i could say something very funny right now but its a bit arrogant and narrow minded .. so i'll hold off... for now
    Great idea.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you can perform a task that helps our economy(basically hold a job), learn to speak english, obey the laws of the land and pay your taxes i see no problem with immigration. my dad is an immigrant(citizen now tho).

we cant just take in other countries garbage tho. i dont want my tax dollars to go to unemployed immigrants that came here to exploit rather then help the USA.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i never dated an alien but i have dated the predator

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i never dated an alien but i have dated the predator
    i laughed till i pee peed

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    :_a**uct:
    aliens???

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i tried to post the smiley face gettng a**ucted by an alien tractor beam,but it didnt works, oh well it was dumb anyway.

as far as dating an illegal ailien, more power to you! best of luck!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    this is actually a really good idea you get sick of her call INS and you never have to talk to her again.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Mike, in all seriousness, I wish you nothing but the best with your woman and I hope it all works out. I worked lots of summers with illegals in SoCal and they were really wonderful people. They often shared their lunch, talked about life in Mexico, and even had me over for dinner a few times. Think about the jobs that most Americans don't want to do - you'll probably find an illegal doing them. Anyhow, before I get too comfortable on the soapbox, I highly advise you to start researching how to change her status from illegal to legal. Look at the US immigration homepage and if you have to, call an immigration office from a public payphone (like in a mall) and describe the situation to them without getting specific. They could be pricks or they could be helpful - just a suggestion.

I appreciate your response. I've grown fond of the Latin community and I've had nothing but positive experiences with the people I've met. I'm in the process of researching the issue and I'm highly sympathetic to any vulnerable person who face disadvantage, oppression, or injustice in any form. That's a good lead - I'm going to check out that immigration homepage. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Mike, in all seriousness, I wish you nothing but the best with your woman and I hope it all works out. I worked lots of summers with illegals in SoCal and they were really wonderful people. They often shared their lunch, talked about life in Mexico, and even had me over for dinner a few times. Think about the jobs that most Americans don't want to do - you'll probably find an illegal doing them. Anyhow, before I get too comfortable on the soapbox, I highly advise you to start researching how to change her status from illegal to legal. Look at the US immigration homepage and if you have to, call an immigration office from a public payphone (like in a mall) and describe the situation to them without getting specific. They could be pricks or they could be helpful - just a suggestion.

Ocean Beach is offline New Member
    Mike you are from Long Island correct? Im originally from there but now live in Phoenix.

Over the summer I had a girlfriend who lives in Nogales, an inland border city. It was a fascinating experience staying in Mexico (weekends).

Of course the difference in standard of living is shocking. No hot water and a concrete-floored house of several hundred square feet. Mode of transportation was walking.

All this within view of the land of opportunity. (We would sometimes watch the TV channel that showed the lineup of cars approaching the international border)

Definite cultural differences. Latinas are more traditional and yes more passionate.

Good luck bro.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Looking at the standard of English on this site ..... I am afraid that MOST (not all) of you would probably fail a standard English test anyway!!

Snrf is offline Banned
    I outstayed my US visa once, and it was amazing the difference in attitude towards me compared to say a mexican who had done it. We even got pulled by cops and they asked us for ID, saw my visa was outta date and said it was cool, "You're not really an immigrant" I wanted to say "Why, cuz im white and british?" but I wasn't in a position to be a smartass...I just drove across to canada in my boys trunk.

That cops ignorance served you well that day!

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    I outstayed my US visa once, and it was amazing the difference in attitude towards me compared to say a mexican who had done it. We even got pulled by cops and they asked us for ID, saw my visa was outta date and said it was cool, "You're not really an immigrant" I wanted to say "Why, cuz im white and british?" but I wasn't in a position to be a smartass...I just drove across to canada in my boys trunk.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    theres a system in place for a reason. It might not always work but it's the only system that exists.

There may be tons of illegals who are really in the Us or wherever to get a better life, but the flip side of the coin is - poverty often causes an increase in crime - alot of these illegals still live in poverty due to not being able to legally work - therefore the risk is high for those who are legal.

Sure a system is in place for a reason. That's obvious. But you have to go beyond the obvious and think more fundamentally. You can start with the question, what's the point of the system? The point of the system is that a system is designed to serve man (this is in stark contrast to those who slavishly behave as if man is to serve the system). When the system is failing to serve man, then it's time to change the system.

The fundamental task of an education is that it should teach you to be critical of systems or rules so that we are not slaves to rules or rulers. That's what a democracy is all about. The point of being critical is that once an inadequate system or rule is identified as such (through having a critical attitude and questioning authority), one can strive to improve the system or the rule.

To properly assess a system, however, one must first suspend judgement and gather enough information. It's probably better to hold one's tongue until that research is done. After all, what good is an uninformed oppinion?

For me, I'm in the stage of gathering research so I can have an informed oppinion on the topic. But I'm grateful that at least I'm aware that I'm outside of the topic and I need further research. That's why a gave that qualifier that I'm going to speak out of the limited perspective I have and acknowledge that more info is needed - that I give, at best, a tentative oppinion - the jury is still out.

There's definately much that needs to be taken into account with this hot topic but unfortunately, those who take such strong stances on it often are under informed. It's not unlike how steroids are treated in the media. What comes across is how underinformed most the journalists are on the topic. In part, that's because time is money and it's better to pop out a sensationalized, story than it is to truly inform the audience who take little time to delve into and give good consideration of the information anyway. Information is much like fast food: If it tastes good going down the hatch and it's cheap and easily prepared, the masses buy it. It's that lack of sincerity and integrity that cheapens the news these days. Good oppinions don't come so cheap and easy and good information is not about entertainment and gloss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    theres a system in place for a reason. It might not always work but it's the only system that exists.

There may be tons of illegals who are really in the Us or wherever to get a better life, but the flip side of the coin is - poverty often causes an increase in crime - alot of these illegals still live in poverty due to not being able to legally work - therefore the risk is high for those who are legal.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 10-12-2006 at 11:33 AM.

And we haven't even started on the UK yet ...... now that is where they have problems!

I've heard about those hooligans at soccer tournements.

Quote Originally Posted by bodypaul
    And we haven't even started on the UK yet ...... now that is where they have problems!

I've heard about those hooligans at soccer tournements.
    Hey we are not all hooligans! I would question the police attitude to football supporters .....but we digress

I didn't say you were. There was a big expose on, I think it was 60 minutes, here in the US a few years ago - they were talking about neo nazis that heckled the black football players by throwing bannanas at them and making monkey sounds each time a black player handles the ball. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by bodypaul
    Hey we are not all hooligans! I would question the police attitude to football supporters .....but we digress

Thread Information