Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Who Is your Ideal Bodybuilder?

I'm just curious as to what everyone wants to look like as a finished product? You know, your ideal bodybuilder with your body type... Mine has to be Frank Zane...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Is your Ideal Bodybuilder?-fzbeard.jpg  

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont really see why SO many people love Frank Zane. Im not one to hate and I respect his physique. But its one that just doesnt stand out at all. I mean to me thats not really a bodybuilder, I know guys who look like that who eat crap and workout when they feel like it. Mind you it takes a great set of genetics as well and I wouldnt be able to slack that much. But I mean I am already bigger than Zane, so to me thats just not "bodybuilder" material.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I dont really see why SO many people love Frank Zane. Im not one to hate and I respect his physique. But its one that just doesnt stand out at all. I mean to me thats not really a bodybuilder, I know guys who look like that who eat crap and workout when they feel like it. Mind you it takes a great set of genetics as well and I wouldnt be able to slack that much. But I mean I am already bigger than Zane, so to me thats just not "bodybuilder" material.
    you obviously haven't seen many pics of frank zane. frank zane got huge after he won olympia. bodybuilding isn'ta bout taking as many steroids as you can so you can look like a slob like ronnie coleman, it's about looking good not sticking out like a sore thumb. if you want to look like gregg valentino or fat ass coleman or markus ruhl thats your business. frank zane had a flawless body.

Well, I think the opposite... Today I don't think the bodybuilder's look good at all... Yes they have amazing physiques, but it just doesn't look right. Back in the 70's I thought those guys looked great, not too big, not too small... I'm just glad we have what we have now because I believe I can achieve a similar physique to Zane's a lot faster...

Also, anyone read any of his books (Zane's)? I was thinking of getting one or two of them tomorrow... Are they any good?

Ocean Beach is offline New Member
    I, like LawMan, prefer the physiques of the Golden Era. The guys looked better then. Not coincidentally thats also when the sport reached its greatest mainstream popularity.

My ideal > Arnold in 75 or Larry Scott. But I'm tall, so prob Arnold .

BTW I have never seen that particular pic of Frank Zane before. Hella beard.

minihulkwestcoast is offline Associate Member
    Flex Wheeler is the ideal bodybuilder. He was a total ectomorph and came very close to the Mr. O a couple of times. He probably should have had it but I will not get into that. There is something about the symmetry in a true ectomesomorph that I find fascinating. There is a way that the muscles come out so round and unbound to what might seem like the limitations of a bone structure.

Some say Frank Zane is an ectomesomorph. He was not. His bone structure demonstrates that of a classic mesomorph. He did not have to work his butt off for size like flex. In fact, Zane took a good potion of the year off to slack. This was so to he point that he gained his contest muscle as he cut. Zane had great potential as a bodybuilder however…………………………

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Victor Martinez and alike.

Frank Zane is flawless. No flame. I am just saying he could have been more impressive with his genetics. A bodybuilding contest is not a beauty pageant.

Quote Originally Posted by minihulkwestcoast
    Frank Zane is flawless. No flame. I am just saying he could have been more impressive with his genetics. A bodybuilding contest is not a beauty pageant.
    Maybe not for you

"Im too sexy for my shirt" lol

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I don't care what anyone says, I like Jay Cutler. Also, Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray, Dexter Jackson, and Vic Martinez. Of course, Arnold in '75!!!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I've seen female bodybuilders bigger than Frank Zane. IMO that is not a bodybuilding physique. It's a physique of someone athletic. I had the same amount of mass when I was a gymnast.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    I'm just curious as to what everyone wants to look like as a finished product? You know, your ideal bodybuilder with your body type... Mine has to be Frank Zane...
    #

i wouldnt say he had a great bodybuilders physique,but i myself want to look something like the picture above.as i have a similar body comp as he does.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    anders graneheim

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    For me a victor martinez kind of build is along the lines of what I would like. If I could split it up more then Jay's build with Victors waist and a**ominals.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I've seen female bodybuilders bigger than Frank Zane. IMO that is not a bodybuilding physique. It's a physique of someone athletic. I had the same amount of mass when I was a gymnast.
    I think the reason he is appealing to so many is not his size...it is how he presents what he has.

Daveskidoof3 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PainfulPleasure
    you obviously haven't seen many pics of frank zane. frank zane got huge after he won olympia. bodybuilding isn'ta bout taking as many steroids as you can so you can look like a slob like ronnie coleman, it's about looking good not sticking out like a sore thumb. if you want to look like gregg valentino or fat ass coleman or markus ruhl thats your business. frank zane had a flawless body.
    NUFF SAID!!!

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    flex wheeler, shawn ray , dexter jackson- best pyshiques ever!

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Shawn ray by far is my Favorite he was'nt the tallest guy but damn he was semtrical and could get super lean and look great

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Marcus Ruhl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or Coleman.....both ideal in my mind

marcus300
    -XL

jing jai

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Frank Zane was a pussy.

Johnny jackson, I like his look for some reason, I dont think Ill ever be that big though.

I guess realistically I cant even think of a bodybuilder that I want to look like, not a pro anyway.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Jamie Easton

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Dexter Jackson my favorite easily!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Frank Zane is not "body builder" material?? Are you out of your ****ing mind?? The guy looked immense!! Like mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not about taking as many steroids as possible and being some 300 pound meathead. I'd MUCH rather look like Frank than Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    anders graneheim

I seen that guy before and he looks cool. I mean he's massive but not freaky/scary massive. Pleasing to the eye massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    Frank Zane is not "body builder" material?? Are you out of your ****ing mind?? The guy looked immense!! Like mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not about taking as many steroids as possible and being some 300 pound meathead. I'd MUCH rather look like Frank than Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler.
    I'm bigger than Frank.

I'm bigger than Frank.

I'm bigger than Frank.
    Out of interest do you like your look now Carlos or do you aspire to be like/get as big as the Pros of today?

Quote Originally Posted by PainfulPleasure
    I think you're retarded

Carlos or do you aspire to be like/get as big as the Pros of today?
    Yes. My goal.

salmon1 is offline Banned
    Personally I aspire to be as big as Cutler..

that way I can appear in Cell tech ads

Train like Mark Dugdale then brother

Yes. My goal.

Personally I don't care for that look but I DO appreciate the amount of hardwork that must go into that and if you ever get to that stage then job well done Carlos, as it is you look pretty good now. For me, I wouldn't mind looking as big/symetrical as Cena.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Is your Ideal Bodybuilder?-john_cena_01.jpg  

Personally I don't care for that look but I DO appreciate the amount of hardwork that must go into that and if you ever get to that stage then job well done Carlos, as it is you look pretty good now. For me, I wouldn't mind looking as big/symetrical as Cena.
    Cena is not a bodybuilder and he isn't built like one. His younger brother Matt competes and looks better.

Cena is not a bodybuilder and he isn't built like one. His younger brother Matt competes and looks better.

Ahhh but I read somewhere that Cena was a bodybuilder before he joined WWE. He looked bigger than he is now. I knew his brother was pretty stacked as well but didn't know he competed!

Matt Cena

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who Is your Ideal Bodybuilder?-img_5734.jpg  

Ahhh but I read somewhere that Cena was a bodybuilder before he joined WWE. He looked bigger than he is now. I knew his brother was pretty stacked as well but didn't know he competed!
    Yeah, I've seen Matt in shows. He posts on other boards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information