Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fight Night!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    the guy outweighed him by 80lbs or so and was moving towards him with intent to cause physical harm. what other force would you use to help ensure your safety and neutralize the threat at the same time? sure you try to have a "fair fight" but why put yourself at risk for him?

i agree that you should be very careful otherwise you could end up behind bars, but the safety of you or your group comes before the safety of the threat.
    Appropriate force, i don't see how hitting a drunk with a beer bottle is appropriate force, i am sure if he was alot smaller he could of easy move out of the way or man handled him, remember he is a drunk who would be uneasy on his feet,

Try saying that to the probation Officer when your looking at a prison sentence, i had to use a beer bottle!!!!!!!!!

am sorry i don't agree, you could be looking at a long time behind bars, Ive seen worse cases,

make yourself safe by all means but don't endanger someone Else's life, thats just plain stupid,

sofus99 is offline Associate Member
    As he was the one initiating the confrontation, I think it suits him well to be smacked with the bottle. Who is to say that if you started just punching him, that he wouldn't pick up the bottle and smack you with it?

On the other hand, if you had started the brawl initially, bringing a bottle or any other weapon into the fight would be a big no-no imo.

JamieStyles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofus99
    As he was the one initiating the confrontation, I think it suits him well to be smacked with the bottle. Who is to say that if you started just punching him, that he wouldn't pick up the bottle and smack you with it?

On the other hand, if you had started the brawl initially, bringing a bottle or any other weapon into the fight would be a big no-no imo.
    well said

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    use the appropriate force to eliminate the threat, mission accomplished, well done.
    I guess thats where we all disagree on whats appropriate. I think a bottle to the face is overkill. But what happens to this kid next time when a bottle isn't in reach but there is a knife on the table? Is that still appropriate?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    None of us was there so we don't know exactly what happened. However, you said that you usually talk shit - although chose not to in this case, as the guy was much bigger than you. Why would a huge guy (drunk or not) suddenly choose to pick on a little guy? Doesn't add up.

Sounds to me like your mouth is writing checks that your body can't cash. Plus, if you're getting in fights a lot, then you might want to think about changing your behavior and the bars you frequent. As for whether or not your use of a bottle was appropriate or not, I don't think you were in a life or death situation. I think you're damn lucky to have KO'd the guy.

That's not even a good fight story. The only way it would be good is if the guy was Chuck Norris, but if it was then you'd probably be having surgery to remove the bottle from your anus.
    Last edited by CSAR; 10-24-2006 at 05:49 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    None of us was there so we don't know exactly what happened. However, you said that you usually talk shit - although chose not to in this case, as the guy was much bigger than you. Why would a huge guy (drunk or not) suddenly choose to pick on a little guy? Doesn't add up.

Sounds to me like your mouth is writing checks that your body can't cash. Plus, if you're getting in fights a lot, then you might want to think about changing your behavior and the bars you frequent. As for whether or not your use of a bottle was appropriate or not, I don't think you were in a life or death situation. I think you're damn lucky to have KO'd the guy.
    agree totally

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR

That's not even a good fight story. The only way it would be good is if the guy was Chuck Norris, but if it was then you'd probably be having surgery to remove the bottle from your anus.
    If it was Chuck Norris the bottle would have exploded in fear before it hit him.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    dude pushed him wanting trouble... he gets what he gets... me personally i would have done alot worse to his knees or shoulders depending on how mean i wanted to be...

Superhuman is offline Banned
    using a beer bottle was totally unwarrented and extremely trashy... that's redneck and ghetto sh*t. Seriously, who the f*ck does that? I've bounced in 4 different night clubs and 1 bar and I've seen all sorts of crap and I've been in all sorts of crap - guns, knives, bats.... I think having to use a weapon is being a pussy in any situation. If you had a gun would u have shot him? That would be "winning by any means necessary". You should have just walked away. He may have been just messing with you, all he did was push you! If he actually hit you then that would be different. If I were him I would sue your ass, especially if I had to get stitches. Also, you said he came up to you and asked you what your problem was.... obviously you said something to make him think you had a problem right?

Oh, and one more thing... it would not be a pussy thing to do to go get a cop or go tell a bouncer that someone is trying to fight you. I've had many many guys come up and tell me that someone's trying to fight them and I go take care of it - i don't think the "tattler" is a pussy I think he is being smart because violence is never necessary.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    righto,
    i always thought higher of the guy that comes to lemme know of a potential a$$fvck than handlin it himself, poorly, just to show his nuts.
    on that note, bottles usually tend to hurt people not intended, in bar situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    using a beer bottle was totally unwarrented and extremely trashy... that's redneck and ghetto sh*t. Seriously, who the f*ck does that? I've bounced in 4 different night clubs and 1 bar and I've seen all sorts of crap and I've been in all sorts of crap - guns, knives, bats.... I think having to use a weapon is being a pussy in any situation. If you had a gun would u have shot him? That would be "winning by any means necessary". You should have just walked away. He may have been just messing with you, all he did was push you! If he actually hit you then that would be different. If I were him I would sue your ass, especially if I had to get stitches. Also, you said he came up to you and asked you what your problem was.... obviously you said something to make him think you had a problem right?

Oh, and one more thing... it would not be a pussy thing to do to go get a cop or go tell a bouncer that someone is trying to fight you. I've had many many guys come up and tell me that someone's trying to fight them and I go take care of it - i don't think the "tattler" is a pussy I think he is being smart because violence is never necessary.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i can't believe only two guys acknowledged the most important point in all of this:
    fighting's for insecure pvssies (not sanctioned fighting obviously).
    only fight to defend yourself, or your family IF in significant danger.

here's my advice. next time a guy like that starts runnin his mouth. tell him he's bein a kid and walk away.
    i've fought only a handful of times in my life and even those could've been avoided.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information