Thread: The Gym

The Gym

what day is everyones longest in the gym and for how long? mine is thursdays which is back and bi's, im in there for about 2-2 1/2 hours

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    geese by no means woudl i be in there for that amount of time, with 20 cardio my max would be 1hr 20min

i can get my workout done in 50mins, get my pump burn the shit out of the muscle and get out of there

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i loaf most week days at the gym.......8am or so till after lunch. and if i can pick up some racket ball, it could be till 3

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Leg day at about 1 1/2hrs but occasionally deadlifts can take a lot out of me and slow me down on back day.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by italianplayboy09
    what day is everyones longest in the gym and for how long? mine is thursdays which is back and bi's, im in there for about 2-2 1/2 hours
    Are you the same guy i saw in the gym last week ?

He started doing Bi's when i was doing my tri's. I got done tri's then went to bi's which i got mid-way through bi before he even finished doing his bicepts! WAY too much time on bi's.

2.5 hrs is just insane. Shows you are not working hard enough. Lift heavy and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    geese by no means woudl i be in there for that amount of time, with 20 cardio my max would be 1hr 20min
    i do a lot for back which takes up most of the time and i dont jump into sets, i take about 3-5 min in between each set and then about 5-8 min between each different workout.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    2.5hrs? Does that include chatting with your buddies and showering after you're done with your marathon workout? lol

back and bis 12-15 set for each, how many sets are you doing ?why do you rest so long

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Are you the same guy i saw in the gym last week ?

He started doing Bi's when i was doing my tri's. I got done tri's then went to bi's which i got mid-way through bi before he even finished doing his bicepts! WAY too much time on bi's.

2.5 hrs is just insane. Shows you are not working hard enough. Lift heavy and get out.
    lol nah man, i spend about 30 min on bi's and the rest of the time is for my back. i do deadlifts and that takes a whole lot of time for me b/c of loading weights on, taking weights off and i do more sets of deadlifts then any other back workout. i also work out with a partner too which takes up some time

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Deads can take up a lot of time but again you are still in the gym too long. Less talk, less rest between sets.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    2.5hrs? Does that include chatting with your buddies and showering after you're done with your marathon workout? lol
    my workout partner yea. its not 2.5 hours everytime, thats the longest ive ever been in there, its mostly around 2 hours if that

i think your doing alot of talking wit your buddies as well as an extended amount of time between sets, but if thats hwo you role all the more power to ya

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Nahhhh..... wayyyyyyyyyy too long!!!!!!!!!!! No more then an 1:15... otherwise your reversing progress!!!!

i go to the gym for enjoyment and relaxing......sounds like some of you bros are into serious work outs........me, i am just a gym rat.

Seems like you are volume training.. You'll be catabolic by the time you're done working out, so it'd almost do more harm than good going to the gym.

No offense captain, but we can tell

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Deads can take up a lot of time but again you are still in the gym too long. Less talk, less rest between sets.
    i guess this thread is coming off totaly different then what i expected. when im in the gym i hit it very very very hard, so thats the whole reason for me to take that much time between each set and plus im not on anything, not creatine, not NO, nothing. back day for me is the most exhausting b/c of how much im putting into it. im definitely not one of those guys that spends most if not all of the time doing bi's, out of all my workouts including chest days, shoulder days i would say that bi's take the least amount of time.

.......one day i might make it to the free weights......

Seems like you are volume training.. You'll be catabolic by the time you're done working out, so it'd almost do more harm than good going to the gym.

No offense captain, but we can tell
    do you know how long it takes for 2 people to do a workout of deadlifts that arent doing the same amount of weight? the deadlifts is whats killer, that alone takes about 35 min

I have no idea.. what is a deadlift?

set up two bars, and after im done with my workout i go immediatly and get my shake. At your stage 2hr in your body needs some damn food

when did i ask you what a deadlift was?

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    hey I** i think him and RuhlFreak would make good partners how bout you?

chest6 is offline Banned
    back/bi/traps day

typically lil over an hour

Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    set up two bars, and after im done with my workout i go immediatly and get my shake. At your stage 2hr in your body needs some damn food
    the gym i go to with my workout partner has only 2 squat racks and most of the time one of them is being used so we are forced to use only one, it sucks. i always drink my shake immediately after im done too

I ran a guy through a 30min routine a couple weeks ago and he fell down and almost threw up at the same time, it was quite a sight..
    He just told me this evening actually that it took him 3days to recover before he was ready to lift again. Point being there is no reason for extended workouts or lifting 5-6days/wk from my experience.

Btw, sorry to take your thread off track. My longest day is usually legs because I have to catch my breath between sets.

Haro: lol.. yea I seem to always cause trouble for some reason.

no need to be sorry i wasnt offended or anything but i didnt expect it to turn into a teacher student thing. i guess the chit chat does need to be shorter but lets say if there wasnt any excessive conversations i would say that it would take me about 1hr45 and im also trying to bring my lats out more b/c they are the only part of my body that needs to catch up with the rest. im not trying to give off the wrong idea either b/c im not there for that long on any other days, typical time would be 1hr-1hr20

That's cool, everyone has the routine that works for them I guess

We can all learn.. I'm sure if I did your routine I'd learn a thing or two.

Thread Information