Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    Traveling into the future is indeed cake and it can be done. all you have to do to travel .02 seconds into the future is move faster than the speed of light for roughly 100 somthing years. not to shabby lol.
    All you need to do realy is move very fast compared to earth. Then when you return to earth less time will have passed in your frame of reference. Take a roundtrip at 99% of the speed of light and return to another century.

I came across this on wikipedia, when i have the time over winter break which is coming up, I am going to totally spend some time into reading those readings and making an attempt to comprehend some stuff. I find this subject fascinating
    If you want to read about relativity read what the master himself wrote. Pic up the book "Relativity: the special and general theory" by Einstein. It was that book that got me into physics in the first place when I got ahold of it in 5ht grade. Its very easy and readable.

http://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Spe...e=UTF8&s=books

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    There were also many people who wrote about this at the time that were not disciples

I gotta agree, Religion is very far fetched. But i will tell what catholics believe. Just to kind of reiterate it.

Jesus died on Friday at three oclock. People witnessed some shit happen and told the story from generation to generation. (People in these times actually were good at relaying stories from generation to generation. They also cared much more about history than we do, we are ignorant in that regard). Jesus was then placed in a tomb, and that tomb was gaurded by 2 Roman soldiers, It would have taken many many men to open the tomb. ON sunday, when they did open the tomb, Jesus' body was not present. And their are a handful of witnesses, that claim to have seen Jesus, walking and tlaking and breating and felt his palms feet etc. Jesus appeared to them. And these witnesses spread the message.

So the catholic religion is actually based on somthing others have first hand witnessed. Let me rephrase that. Catholics believe that in christiananity because they believe in the people that have claimed to witness these events.

So i think religion gets a little less farfetched knowing this. This opened the "gates of heaven", because people today have somthing to believe in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information