Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    Also, to be quite honest i believe an inline six single/twin turbo engines will still dominate over V8 / V10 engines produced by domestics. more reliable as well imo......unfortunately mine was a V shape TT engine, but still a good quality build none the less.
    The supra's were def. Bad ass. And were strong as shit.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Def, the stock supra internals could manage 1000hp I hear

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle

Thats hilarious!

Ya, nos is absolutely RETARTED IMO!!! SUCH a waste of money/time.

Supras, porsche TT, 300zxTT would all be fun cars to mod

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    The Z06's are definately sick cars! I would love to own one.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Def, the stock supra internals could manage 1000hp I hear

I think the number is closer to 7-800hp
    Grand nationals have internals just as strong if not stronger. Both are sick cars. I would take the GN just for the sleeper look of it.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    you guys on are on crack, if run correctly its extremely safe. not to mention the fun it brings.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Besides the fact that Europeans hate american cars, they can't deny how fast a z06 is. Good video on it, the car is definately tickety-boo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp6VQpG8CRE

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    my freaking srt 4 only made 411 and I made an 11.81 pass on BFG Drag Radials...

So that means AWD should =
    Car weight: 3200 lbs.
    Horsepower: 530 hp
    Configuration: Rear Wheel Drive
    Results
    Quarter Mile Acceleration: 11.501 seconds.
    Terminal speed: 128.5282 mph.

You could improve on that ET and lose a few MPH with AWD

This is of course depending on which tiem calculator you consult and what kind of 60 ft times it thinks your pulling
    Last edited by uponone23; 11-07-2006 at 06:19 PM.

Tein is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i don't get those 4 banger guys, why drop so much cash into something that will always remain slow regardless. V6 TT or a V8 is where its at kids.

Try that train of thought on a 4 cylinder Evo MR with 1k of mods, they will run 11s all day and embarrass you. Don't believe me? Check out the 11 second registry at http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=209294

To get V8s that are in the price range of the Evo (30k) to run 11s it will take a bit more than 1k. Your statement is just plain ignorant, and you personify the mentallity that makes people want to buy 4 bangers and embarrass you.

Also the STi cannot be converted to RWD. The DCCD can transfer up to 60% of the torque to the rear wheels but it is an all time AWD car. And for the record, both the STi and Evo run a faster quarter than any other V6 or V8 in its price range stock for stock.

I'll take an RS4

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    I'll take an RS4

you and me both!

Quote Originally Posted by Tein
    you and me both!

Try that train of thought on a 4 cylinder Evo MR with 1k of mods, they will run 11s all day and embarrass you. Don't believe me? Check out the 11 second registry at

I highly doubt 1k worth of mods. This car has over 1k in mods and only does a 12.9.
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...s_performance/

Even look at the list of mods of all those cars on that list, an exhaust system alone can cost almost $1k.

Fast cars none the less, just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    I highly doubt 1k worth of mods. This car has over 1k in mods and only does a 12.9.

Even look at the list of mods of all those cars on that list, an exhaust system alone can cost almost $1k.

Dido, I like fast cars but quality is a MUST....something those jap cars don't have. German all the way baby

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    I think the number is closer to 7-800hp
    Grand nationals have internals just as strong if not stronger. Both are sick cars. I would take the GN just for the sleeper look of it.
    def, GN's built up look like they can eat a baby

The funny things is that every one always makes fun of how american sports cars don't handle and blah blah blah and then everyone always focus on quater mile times, where american can dominate.

The fact is the Corvette Z06 is the STANDARD to which almost every sports car is compared to.

Go to any sports car forum and I can guarentee you that you will find an XXXX vs Z06 thread. I've seen them on viper boards, Acura NSX, ford lightings, dodge SR-T 10, Mustangs, Ferrari, Evos... you name it.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/375.html
    You think the Z06 is fast....look under 'forum' at the 0-60 w/ the lingenfelter.

The funny things is that every one always makes fun of how american sports cars don't handle and blah blah blah and then everyone always focus on quater mile times, where american can dominate.

The fact is the Corvette Z06 is the STANDARD to which almost every sports car is compared to.

Go to any sports car forum and I can guarentee you that you will find an XXXX vs Z06 thread. I've seen them on viper boards, Acura NSX, ford lightings, dodge SR-T 10, Mustangs, Ferrari, Evos... you name it.
    Exactly, the Z06 is called the "Exotic killer" because its highway gears are ridiculous, and it has over a 1.0g on the skidpad, its just purely insane
    $65,000 for a 11 second car with sex looks, amazing handling, amazing top speed, and a pussy guaranteed stamped on it

HPE (horse power engineering) took a Z06 with just a cam and bolt ons and made 554 rwhp and 501rwtq and 708 rwhp and 676 rwtq on a 150 wet shot

www.horsepowerengineering.com

Quote Originally Posted by uponone23
    HPE (horse power engineering) took a Z06 with just a cam and bolt ons and made 554 rwhp and 501rwtq and 708 rwhp and 676 rwtq on a 150 wet shot

www.horsepowerengineering.com

Plug that into a quarter mile time calculator and you get a 9.426 ET... This is assuming you have the tranny, clutch, driver, suspension, and all important traction to do so...

That is how your 4k worth of bolt ons and N02 turn into a 15k drag car... lol

dano_85 is offline Junior Member
    I have NO idea why someone would spend that much on a CIVIC....but that's your thing.
    well 447fwhp was on 25 psi and my motor was built for 36-38 psi (with racegas)16,500 was all the mods ie rim's,4 pistion caliper brakes,hids,..well mostly motor ...but if i was to run 36 i bet i would roll about 550 ...its's just a question of getting money for the 3-4 hour dyno tune lol.and at about 175$ a hour i dont think it worth it .
    BUT!! i do agree i could of spent the money on another car..it is funny tho when all the stock stangs and camaro's call me a rice p.o.s then after i wizz by them they dont know what happend it makes it worth it lol ..
    Last edited by dano_85; 11-07-2006 at 06:37 PM.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    My 01 C5 Z06 ran a best of 12.47 @ 109.67 at 7000 DA.
    That was with a Vortex CAI, LGM long tubes, merged collectors and off-road X-pipe, and ET Streets at 10psi, side-step clutch at UMM-PA-PA-PA red line. I think it was like a 1.8 sixty. Eighth was hit by a car earlier so I don't have that one.
    Had some cracks develop in the tube and need to take it back for warrenty work. At the same time, I'll have it tuned. Wish that guy would do a service call out here to tune it at my track. Big difference between Dallas/Ft Worth and El Paso.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    That was with a Vortex CAI, LGM long tubes, merged collectors and off-road X-pipe, and ET Streets at 10psi, side-step clutch at UMM-PA-PA-PA red line. I think it was like a 1.8 sixty. Eighth was hit by a car earlier so I don't have that one.
    Had some cracks develop in the tube and need to take it back for warrenty work. At the same time, I'll have it tuned. Wish that guy would do a service call out here to tune it at my track. Big difference between Dallas/Ft Worth and El Paso.
    what color is it?

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    I think you should/could have run alot better than 12.47 especially with those mod's. They can run 12.8ish stock

I think the Sport Compact article cited is an example of a bad driver in a car they are test driving for the first time, they even state they couldnt figure out how to launch it. Sure some exhausts cost 1k, that goes for any car, but you can pick up an ebay turbo back exhaust and a reflash for 1k and a good driver can run 11s in their own car. Those mods will put an Evo at ~315 whp.

Dido, I like fast cars but quality is a MUST....something those jap cars don't have. German all the way baby

Can you site something to back that statement up? This is an opinion not shared by the experts. 11 of the 19 Quality Awards by JD Power in 2006 went to Toyata and Lexus. Both "Jap." The only German on their tops list is a Porsche.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2006082.pdf

Can you site something to back that statement up? This is an opinion not shared by the experts. 11 of the 19 Quality Awards by JD Power in 2006 went to Toyata and Lexus. Both "Jap." The only German on their tops list is a Porsche.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2006082.pdf
    I was referring to the evo and it's my own opinion...I'm not a big fan of jap cars on the whole though.

I was referring to the evo and it's my own opinion...I'm not a big fan of jap cars on the whole though.
    I hear ya, nothing wrong with that. I passed up a Mitsu myself. I see myself as an overall car guy, I don't really prefer domestic over an import. I'm just a fan of fast cars, and there are a ton in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by uponone23
    Plug that into a quarter mile time calculator and you get a 9.426 ET... This is assuming you have the tranny, clutch, driver, suspension, and all important traction to do so...

That is how your 4k worth of bolt ons and N02 turn into a 15k drag car... lol
    Most of those quarter mile calculators aren't that accurate.

dano_85 is offline Junior Member
    Thats hilarious!

well it all depends on how you are going to use it ..there are lots of supras and other turbo car's that use nos not only as a power booster put to help there stupid big turbos spool up faster meaning they reach full boost in half the time ....

Thats hilarious!

Have you ever used nitrous. I dont get how its a waste of time and money. Its a simple instillation and you get a good bang for your buck

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Have you ever used nitrous. I dont get how its a waste of time and money. Its a simple instillation and you get a good bang for your buck
    No, thats why i said its retarted. It's cheating and plus it has a tendency to foul up engine components

No, thats why i said its retarted. It's cheating and plus it has a tendency to foul up engine components
    I guess steriods are cheating too

I guess steriods are cheating too
    is NOS not hard on the engine/components?

is NOS not hard on the engine/components?
    If done right its not bad. I've gone threw hundreds of bottles of nitrous on my cars and bike. I've had little nitrous burps and never killed a motor. Its no harder then a turbo or supercharger.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    a small shot a NOS is fine just enough for the huge ass turbo(s) to spool up much quicker and decrease the lag since they only dominate on the top end (freeways/dyno queens). for a well build engine a small shot of NOS strictly for turbo spool is harmless.

If done right its not bad. I've gone threw hundreds of bottles of nitrous on my cars and bike. I've had little nitrous burps and never killed a motor. Its no harder then a turbo or supercharger.
    Oh gotcha, my buddy has it on his bike....stuff is nuts!

Well, here's another reason for a good old v8 and rwd. This is my buddies 69 camaro.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...e6acf93163.htm

Nitrous when installed, and used properly will not damage anything. It causes problems when people run an improper fuel mixture, incorrect jet sizing, or start the nitrous at too low of an rpm.

A simple wet (or dry) nitrous kit, with proper jet sizes, will not harm anything when used properly.

If done right its not bad. I've gone threw hundreds of bottles of nitrous on my cars and bike. I've had little nitrous burps and never killed a motor. A progressive nitrous kit is no harder then a turbo or supercharger.
    I fixed it for you.

Progressive nitrous is just as safe as forced induction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information