Superhuman is offline Banned

Question Direct Democracy?

Hey I just had a thought everybody, what if America switched to a Direct Democracy? We have the technology and resources now to make it work, where all 300million +/- people in the country can vote. Perhaps set it up through TVs where people watch the issues on a government station and vote on them with a little remote or something. We could either do a direct vote for the President every 4 years or get rid of the president altogether and vote on every single major issue there is. Maybe Congress could vote on which issues are the most important, then those issues are brought to the American people (such as immigration, abortion, gay marriage, foreign policy) and we have a direct democratic vote on them so there is no question whether or not we are doing what the Majority actually wants.

I think that our founding fathers would have wanted a Direct Democracy but until now it has been impractical... having millions of people travel to voting stations for every issue. Now it could be kind-of like American Idol but more secure. We have a little voting box in every household and to vote you slide your ID through it and use the remote to vote. what do you think?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    There is no way politicians would want this. It takes all of the power out of their hands.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    There is no way politicians would want this. It takes all of the power out of their hands.
    I'm not asking what they want! Maybe it's what's best. Why should these (mostly) fat, gray-haired, selfish, and greedy hypocrites be running our country? The administration treats the government as if it's a business... they've got it all wrong.

Agrajaz is offline New Member
    Sounds like a great idea, in a perfect world. Unfortunately this aint a perfect world!!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    I'm not asking what they want! Maybe it's what's best. Why should these (mostly) fat, gray-haired, selfish, and greedy hypocrites be running our country? The administration treats the government as if it's a business... they've got it all wrong.
    I agree with your idea but there is no way they would let it happen.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think people should be allowed to vote unless they know who they are voting for and why. I understand it's a basic right, but I don't find it fair to anyone but Reps and Dems that a combined total of 2.6 BILLION dollars can be spent on campaigning then allow every moron with a TV to vote for the person who has the best commercial...

Educate yourself, then make a difference.

Just MHO.

Thread Information