Snrf is offline Banned

Travelling with a record

Does anyone know for sure if US customs officers have access to UK criminal records?

I have a conviction from last year and I want to travel to the US. I know technically I'd have to fill out a form and admit it etc but I want to know if I don't admit it what are the odds of them catching me?

I'd appreciate it if anyone has personal experience in this regard and can share.

cheers

i have a record and i have never declared when travelling to the usa.
    it really depends on what it is for, im not sure if they could see it on the screen and just let me through or what.

Tru2 is offline Female Member
    my cousin does. was done in Australia with cultivation and intent to supply of marijuana - not talking a few plants on the back porch either.., 1 year jail time, deportation back to NZ. this was about 8 or 9 years ago. earlier this year he did a 3 month trip through the states. no problemos.

pedro01 is offline Junior Member
    I have a record for possession of a class A narcotic in the UK.

Since then I've travelled regularly to US, Australia, China, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan

This has been over 9 years - the same question is on the form for all countries & I always tick 'no'. It's gotten to the point where I never even give it a passing thought.

You have nothing to worry about.

Thread Information