boarder034 is offline Member

Another Religious Thred. Favorite Prayer!

I was reading the last post, on the power of prayer, i was wondering if people could post there favorite prayer. They really had some good ones, id like to pick up a few. So if anyone has a good one, Lets hear it!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Saint Michael the Archangel defend us in battle.Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
    and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Divine Power of God cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits, who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

This is one of my favorites

That one is pretty badass

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    the good ol "Our Father" is pretty much the only one i know, and "Hail Mary" of course

Triple X is offline Banned
    Here's mine:
    "Jesus fuking Christ"

LORD, I ask for courage. Courage to face and conquer my own fears. Courage to take me where others will not go. I ask for strength, strength of body to protect others, and strength of spirit to lead others. I ask for dedication, dedication to my job, to do it well, dedication to my community
    to keep it safe. Please, LORD, through it all, be at my side.

This is the prayer that was said at my brothers funeral who died in the line of duty

Im sorry for your loss. My father and uncle were in Vietnam, though they wernt killed, they had many friends that were lost. Your brother is a true hero... I personally know i wouldnt be able to go off to war, im to afraid to die, im a coward in my own opinion, your brothers a hero, and deserved to be honered like one.

Bump!

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Odin, far-wanderer, grant me wisdom,
    Courage, and victory.
    Friend Thor, grant me your strength.
    And both be with me.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    and let all my enemies DIE by STEEL!!!!!!!!!!

I know this isnt religious but this one is a good one.

Aristotle- " no man should live his life without seeing the full potential of his body."

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Favorite prayers?

I believe the believe the point of prayer is to talk to one's deity as one talks to another person.

As he/she/it, being that we are created in his image, is a personality.

When i prayer... that's how i go about it.

No titles.. no "Hail this"..."Exhalted that"

I believe he's always listening.. doesn't matter where i am.. or what i'm doing.

If i feel the need to talk to him i strike up a conversation.

Daily during training.. i reach a weight that my mind tells me i cannot logically move.

It scares the life out of me.. but i know it's what i need to attack in order to beat the bodybuilder i was the last time i walked into the gym... the last time i stepped on stage.

My bible tells me that in all my trials and tribulations i'm not alone.. for he walks beside me holding my hand and giving me strength where mine wanes.

So when i step under that bar... i don't grunt and groan.. or slap my training partner for motivation.

Instead.. i say "Father give me strength".

When i come accross a joyful event in my day-to-day life i say "thank you father"... As prayer isn't just an avenue to ask. Prayer is an open line for praise.

When i wake up every day i thank him for life.. for breath. For protecting my family tru the night.. For blessing me with health. etc.

When i have a dilemna.. i talk to him like he's sitting there at the end of my bed.

I don't have a favorite prayer... I do have good conversations with him tho.

I honestly wish i was more religious, i feel the need for it in my life, i just for some reason never take the step. Thanks for the posts, some of them are pretty inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Favorite prayers?

I believe the believe the point of prayer is to talk to one's deity as one talks to another person.

I believe he's always listening.. doesn't matter where i am.. or what i'm doing.

Daily during training.. i reach a weight that my mind tells me i cannot logically move.

It scares the life out of me.. but i know it's what i need to attack in order to beat the bodybuilder i was the last time i walked into the gym... the last time i stepped on stage.

My bible tells me that in all my trials and tribulations i'm not alone.. for he walks beside me holding my hand and giving me strength where mine wanes.

So when i step under that bar... i don't grunt and groan.. or slap my training partner for motivation.

When i come accross a joyful event in my day-to-day life i say "thank you father"... As prayer isn't just an avenue to ask. Prayer is an open line for praise.

When i wake up every day i thank him for life.. for breath. For protecting my family tru the night.. For blessing me with health. etc.

When i have a dilemna.. i talk to him like he's sitting there at the end of my bed.

Well put nark, I pray and talk daily also so I can really understand where your coming from. Love how you put it

i agree with you nark...lol i feel kinda privlidged to have you reply to my thread :-) thanks!

np bro.

I'm not trying to preach anyone by the way.

I respect each of you guys here.. and your right to believe what you do.

Ruhlfreak for example is an atheist i think he's said?

But that doesn't mean i respect him any less.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i hope this thread stays respectful...regardless of beliefs.. and doesn't degenerate like so many religious threads that have preceded

Nark

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Favorite prayers?

Very well put Nark. You said the things I feel but explained it better than I would have

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    lady of victory, pray for us

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I just ask for free GH usually

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Two, four, six, eight, bog in dont wait !!!!

bump

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I can't say I literally pray, by what the popular definition may be but, I talk to someone. Not sure if it is just myself or a greater presence but I do.

I cannot say that I am 100% faithful to "jesus" or that I truly beleive in him absolutely in my heart but, I beleive in the devil even less though. I wish I had more faith in "god" honestly, I want to but, I think I have more faith in myself. Is that bad? I dunno.

What does that make me religion wise ?

Chad B is offline Banned
    Favorite prayers?

Yes there is a big difference in being spiritual than being religious. Many religious people out there who are not spiritual at all. Being spiritual is being one with God or to say having him in you conscious, being religious is mostly just acting. Like scripture says they honor me with there mouths but there hearts are far from me.

God is our father and we should talk to him like one. Would you say repetitive prayers to your earthly father or would you speak from your heart, your own words?

Blessings Nark!!
    Last edited by Chad B; 12-02-2006 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad B

God is our father and we should talk to him like one. Would you say repetitive prayers to your earthly father or would you speak from your heart, your own words?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad B
    Blessings Nark!!
    And to you good man!

ThizzKing is offline Associate Member
    our father who art in heaven..

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can, and
    the wisdom to know the difference."

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    I used to race motocross every weekend and I would always see people getting hurt. So one time I decided to say a quick prayer at the starting line before one of my motos. Well, it was the first time I ever did it and just as the gate droped, I shot out of the gate, flipped over backwards and landed in the mud. I haven't said another prayer at the starting line again! True story. Just a coincedence though lol.

Thread Information