LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Well... You Guys Were Right

My gf of 1.5 years has left me. I feel like shit. We talked for a good two hours and she, wants to get over her insecurities and find herself, because since the age of 15 she's been in and out of relationships. She says she wants to get through it together... alone... If that makes sense? As in, get back together down the road when she gets her priorities and stuff in place. I respect her and love her with all my heart, so I'm going to support her. So... yeh... What are some good remedies for a broken heart?

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    how old are you?

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    i know you have been dealing with this for a while...there is no remedy..no quick fix, with love comes pain. time will help but never heal what you are feeling right now. Focus on yourself right now during this time apart from your girl..live your life & if it was meant to be it will....timing is everything in life..
    good luck bro.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    My gf of 1.5 years has left me. I feel like shit. We talked for a good two hours and she, wants to get over her insecurities and find herself, because since the age of 15 she's been in and out of relationships. She says she wants to get through it together... alone... If that makes sense? As in, get back together down the road when she gets her priorities and stuff in place. I respect her and love her with all my heart, so I'm going to support her. So... yeh... What are some good remedies for a broken heart?
    Keep this in mind over the next few weeks: "If you can't love yourself, then loving someone else is a near impossible task." That applies to her more than it does to you, though.

A good remedy would be to learn from this experience and apply it to your future relationships. Be it friends or girlfriends. Always use what life hands to you as a tool to better yourself.

Thing will get better.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    What are some good remedies for a broken heart?
    Time.

We have all been there bro, some of us are still there, but it gets better day by day.

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    best thing i can tell you to do is think of some things that you have wanted to do over the last 1.5 years and try to do some of them.Even simple things like watching monday night football with your buddys at the local buffalo wild wings.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I'm gonna focus my sadness and rage in the gym so hopefully that'll pay out more... Um... That's all I can think of...

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    You asked for a "cure", so I am offering you one.
    Get out a box of tissues and read this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sperm-Wars-Sci.../dp/0788160044

This book got me over every relationship I ever had my ENTIRE life. Even ones from years ago I still wasn't over. I will also stick a prybar in your brain and jam it open permanently for the rest of your life changing the way you'll ever view "sex" and "love" again.
    You'll be reading about Robin Baker in your history books in another couple hundred years, I GUARANTEE it. Just go read, NOW.

prncezzml is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Keep this in mind over the next few weeks: "If you can't love yourself, then loving someone else is a near impossible task." That applies to her more than it does to you, though.

A good remedy would be to learn from this experience and apply it to your future relationships. Be it friends or girlfriends. Always use what life hands to you as a tool to better yourself.

Thing will get better.
    Agreed

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva

Thing will get better.
    Thats good advise, also Lawman dont ever let yourself get attached to a girl, do not rely on them to make you happy, this will kill you. A few years ago my gf of two years broke up with me and at the time i though it was the end of the world, now that i look back on it it waws the best thing that ever happend to me, it was a deffinite learning experience. just keep your head up bro and in the mean time get a new peice of ass so you can forget about the old one

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    its only going to make you stronger.the first break up is always the worst but time will heal the pain.start working more at work focus on school more or the gym.go to the clubs or whever you meet girls start looking at them and getting numbers

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    "Behind every asshole guy there is a girl who made him that way"

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    girls make me sad = [

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Start f*cking other chicks.

Seriously, the best way to get over someone, is a rebound.

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    notorious hit it right on the head. focus on the things that you like to do. enjoy the freedom to not consider someone elses feelings/needs and go with what you want to do. other than that. time heals all wounds, and picking up her hot friend or sister helps too.

chest6 is offline Banned
    dont ever have your mood center a girl.

Your whole well being over a girl..that sounds dumb. Refer to mavs post

beuleux is offline Banned
    As I allways say in breakup posts... If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    To many people look at breakups as a reflection of themselves...like life is rejecting them. Its one female that was not right for you. Mrs. Lawman is still out there so keep your chin up. She just wasnt the right fit.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7
    "Behind every asshole guy there is a girl who made him that way"

Good one.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    your 18 and seemed overly dependent on her, this is for the best.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Don't let ANYONE make you feel bad, **** THAT!! Laugh about it, it will make you a stronger person!

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    This is just a new chapter in your life brutha. Approach it with optimism. Just think of how strong you are going to be on the inside, once you have understood this time in your life, and are ready to move on.
    (Pain is there for a reason. To get over it) It is going to feel bad for a while, don't deny any feelings you have. I'd like to suggest, when you are feeling sad, just take a deep breath clear your mind, then take the time to come into the present, analyze, and realize.
    Slice of pie

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Get on a plane to Thailand and have a week's worth of rebound sex.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Dude don't sweat it, go out and bang as much as you can. Your only 18 for petes sake, go out and have fun, there are plenty of fish in the sea man.

Pac8541 is offline Associate Member
    I disagree with the bang-everything-you-can therapy. Just my personal experience but that never worked for me. If you've got a hobby or passion in life that you have neglected for a while, I'd focus on that. Maybe at your age (18?) you don't have the time off school or work but if you do, take a couple weeks off and go do something away from home that you love. For me that would be skiing, climbing, a hunting trip, something outdoors and far away. Its important to get your own head/heart mended before you start pushing your emotions and anger off on another person and hurting their feelings in the process and it will force her to actually do what she says she needs the time for. I'm a little cynical and when I hear something like "I need time to find myself" the red flags go up immediately.

fwiw,
    Pac.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    your 18 and seemed overly dependent on her, this is for the best.
    you are right. it is for the best

at 18 why do you want to be tied to just ONE girl when there are so many!?!? take advantage of your age. this is a blessing in disguise!!!

as for your situation it is time to rebound like dennis rodman or ben wallace,
    get out there and find some new girls!!

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    plenty of fish in the sea, go fishing! get your rod out and see what it attracts! id let go of the "we will get back together in the future" notion, as in my mind, that will definately not happen. be friends, be civil, but have a clean break. it wont be easy, it wont be quick, but as shitty as you feel now, remember that one day, it wont hurt a bit. good luck buddy, and have fun

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I was in the situation, Bang as many whores as possible.

def man, ur 18. im only 21, been with 2 girls. when i split with my last one (when i was 17) aftr 18 mnths i thot it was the end of the world. 3 weeks later, im with the girl im still with now! things change so much over the next few years of ur life man! im not old, but when i think back 3 yrs to when i was 18, i thought i was full on grown up adult. im 21 now and think i was like a child back then

dont worry about things, ur life is only beginning. if it didnt work, it was never gona. if its meant to be, then only time will tell, but dont get down. i know it hurts man, but with ur frnds and family ul b grand, jst stay strong thru it all, and ask here for advice if u need more!

Thread Information