dan991 is offline Anabolic Member

Most Expensive Lesson? ROFL

So... I was talking to a few people about "lesson learned" type events in my life and I kinda got a kick about how much money I've blown over my lifetime already learning things the hard way. It actually was quite a funny topic and I've gotten some good laughs out of dumb shit I've done. Here are my top 2:

1. Lost my ass in Vegas: I was in Vegas in 2002 for the CES show. I got drunk and started playing blackjack. In a one night 21 hour sprint at the $200.00 black jack tables at the Mirage I got up over $113,000.00 by playing like a total idiot. I was completely wasted after the first hour, and was playing a lot more money than I could ever even sanely consider. It all started out at a $25.00 black jack table and I cashed in $400.00 out of my pocket. About 3 hours later I was up about $5,000.00 but I didn't quit. So, I moved on to the "high roller" area and started playing $200.00 tables. At one point, I was playing $5,000.00 a hand. I kept winning, and winning, and winning. Now, for the dumb part. After winning for about 4 hours, I started losing. Too drunk to notice, I kept playing huge amounts of money. I started losing, so I started playing more, and then I kept going up and down. At one point, I counted $113,000.00 and some change in chips. Keep in mind I started out with $400.00. I was drunk as hell, screaming, talking shit, etc. So, in the final hours, I lost EVERYTHING back down to $0. My last hand with "their money" was a $10,000.00 hand. I played $5,000.00 and split Aces (making it $10K) and took both cards face down. Well, lets just say I got beat by the dealers 18. So, being drunk, and thinking "I did it once, I'll do it again" I proceeded to the cashier and took the first of many cash advances on my AMEX. Well, let's just say I got on the plane going home owing American Express about $24,000.00

2. Most expensive "free ride" : This one is quick. I crashed my motorcycle, and took a helicopter ride to the hospital from the racetrack. I didn't have health insurance and I had to pay $15,000.00 out of my own pocket for just the ride. After all the hospital bills and everything else, the total was almost $40K. So... this was like 5 years ago, and I still haven't paid a penny of it... and it drops off my credit reports from collections in 2 more years

Other than that, just buying dumb shit over my life time I don't wanna know how much I've spent.

chest6 is offline Banned
    110k and u lost it all...ahh

Foskamink is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisinturn1

Other than that, just buying dumb shit over my life time I don't wanna know how much I've spent.
    amen!

sorry on the badluck we all have it!

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    Shit I wish I could have got off just losing that on first wife, still paying for that mistake

Thread Information