Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    darmadoc is offline Member
    Ideally she will be wearing this for a very long time. Thus, I agree with the suggestion that you bring her with you to get an idea of the style she likes. You may be very surprised. I was!

If it is going to be a surprise, I'd go with the simplest setting possible. That way you wont lose much if she wants to change it.

In terms of name brands, Tiffany, Cartier etc. I found that I was being asked to pay a premium for the name, and could get equal quality cheaper from a variety of other setting designers (in terms of the stone a diamond is a diamond when you have the same gemological grading).

In terms of metal, I suggest platinum. It lasts longer, tolerates polishing without metal loss, and feels heavy as hell!

Bottom line, she's going to be ecstatic no matter what you get her. It is just a symbol of a commitment. If she isn't ecstatic, you've got a problem right out of the starting gate!

beuleux is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr
    Married for 2 years now.

I dont advise doing it.

It all sound like a good ida. But it's not.

when you say i do it's over.

Every thing as you know it will change and not for the better.
    Ahhhhh the voice of reason.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad recently, I said If only I knew then what I know now... to which he replied, "You did know because I told you but you wouldnt listen"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information