cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member

credit repair company

any one use a credit repair company to fix their credit. My credit score before divorce 650 after divorce 500.
    Are the credit repair companies real?
    thanks

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    the one I used SUX !! They screwed me royally. They NEVER told me that the first payment goes to THEM and not my creditors , so that put me a month behind which i was NEVER, then they were just a "broker" for a larger firm that also took my second payment as theirs so now I was two months behind with no way to catch up....they screwed up my perfect credit so just be careful and ask a lot of questions first and get it in writing!!

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    I was actually wondering the same thing the other day. My credit is good now but i had some past shit that keeps popping up and i would like to know how to get rid of it.

thank you guys, company X says they will remove any bad credit even if it is a real debt. they said all i have to is let them fix things. shounds shaddy

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Credit repair or credit control?

getpaid is offline Associate Member
    Most of them are rip offs but some actually do what they say they will...But me personally I wouldnt pay somebody for what you could do yourself...I currently am a Mortgage broker right now so I have repair peoples credit on a daily basis, but before that I managed a collection operation so I understand credit very well....All they will do is pull your credit and start disputing anything that is deragatory on your report..By law a creditor has 30 days to validate that so called debt or they have to remove it..A lot just depends on what type of accounts they are: foreclosures, bankruptcy, credit cards, and how long ago the account has been opened...One thing for sure is NEVER pay a collection unless they agree to remove from your credit report(and get it in writing) or it can actually hurt your score..Anyways if you have any questions pm and I can give you some tips, you can do it all online..

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr
    Credit repair or credit control?
    this what they say

How It Works
    The three reporting agencies, also called Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRA's) are NOT government agencies, they are for profit, multi-million dollar corporations that gather and sell your private personal information, to creditors, insurers, employers, landlords, and companies that solicit you for credit and insurance offers. They also sell your information to telemarketing and mailing list companies, without your permission and in most cases without your knowledge! They admit that errors occur on consumer reports, but they do nothing to correct them. If they really cared what they reported, they could send everyone a copy of his or her credit report once a year and ASK if everything is right! But they don't, instead they report whatever they want and make the consumer "prove" that the report is inaccurate.

WHAT WE DO AND HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT!

The Federal Trade Commission and Consumer Credit Protection Act have enacted hundreds of regulations that credit reporting companies, collection agencies and credit bureaus must comply with in order for any reported item to remain on your report. When California Credit Solutions L.L.C. receives your file, a skilled credit analyst reviews your reports to determine which items can be challenged that when removed will result in an improved credit score. California Credit Solutions L.L.C. then challenges derogatory items, with a letter demanding the reporting company prove that they are in compliance with the laws and regulations and remove the challenged item. This process is repeated with each of the three major reporting agencies. When this process is complete, a report is sent to the client detailing the steps that have been taken.

Within 60 to 90 days, the credit bureaus respond with a verification or deletion summary that shows the results of each challenge made. Overall average success rate is between 85% and 95% of unverifiable derogatory items removed. Best of all, the items that tend to be removed first are those that are the most harm your credit, such as bankruptcies, tax liens, judgments, charge-off, repossessions, student loans. While the full process takes up to four months, many clients see enough improvement their score to allow them to qualify for a mortgage or low interest car loan in as little as 45 to 90 days.

HOW WILL I GET UPDATES ON MY FILE?

Credit reports will arrive first at your home and then you will forward them to us in the mailing envelope provided. When we accomplish deletions and improvements, you will see them first on your credit report. We ask that you follow the instructions that you will receive from us and mail all correspondences from the credit reporting agencies to our offices so that we can maintain contact with each other during the credit restoration process.

THE DETAILS

Our state-of-the-art Credit Repair Service uses the latest in computer technology; it is the most complete service available anywhere! We rely on our extensive knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, along with years of experience and time proven letters, forms, and Lawful Notices. Our services can remove negative inaccurate unverifiable and incomplete information from your credit reports, including charge offs, bankruptcies, judgments, repo's, foreclosures, student loans, tax liens, and slow pays. I realize that sounds to good to be true, but it isn't. We have had great success helping people with all kinds of credit problems. These people have been able to qualify for new mortgages, new car loans, even adopt a new baby, and meet their families credit needs.

Programs like our Credit Repair Service have helped countless people restore their credit and raise their Beacon Scores. You can spend less money trying to repair your credit, but that old saying is still true: "You get what you pay for"! Plus, if you plan to buy anything on credit in the future, we can save you thousands of dollars in interest by raising your Credit Scores. We charge only a ONE TIME low fee of $699 and that's it. No on going fees... Just that low, one-time fee. And you don't pay if we can't improve your credit score!!

Quote Originally Posted by getpaid
    Most of them are rip offs but some actually do what they say they will...But me personally I wouldnt pay somebody for what you could do yourself...I currently am a Mortgage broker right now so I have repair peoples credit on a daily basis, but before that I managed a collection operation so I understand credit very well....All they will do is pull your credit and start disputing anything that is deragatory on your report..By law a creditor has 30 days to validate that so called debt or they have to remove it..A lot just depends on what type of accounts they are: foreclosures, bankruptcy, credit cards, and how long ago the account has been opened...One thing for sure is NEVER pay a collection unless they agree to remove from your credit report(and get it in writing) or it can actually hurt your score..Anyways if you have any questions pm and I can give you some tips, you can do it all online..
    cool getpaid , thanks

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're hopelessly in debt and have little income and few assets, the thing to do would probably be just don't pay your bills. Sure, your credit will be screwed for a few years, but after a while all that bad info will slide off your record. And you'll never have to admit to filing bankruptcy, which is something that does stay on your record forever.

A guy I knew did this here in Texas a while back. He didn't have the $$$ to pay a lawyer for bankruptcy, and he had charged up 40-something cards to astronomical limits. The credit counseling people seemed like rip-offs to him, so he decided to keep paying on 4 credit cards and his car note, and ignored the rest. Of course, the folks who didn't get paid called him up wanting his $$$, so he changed his home phone number, and told 'em not to call him at work. Two companies out of the 36 took him to court over the debts. They sent him a notice of the court action, said he should appear in court on a certain date, but he didn't go. Shortly after, he got a note in the mail from the judge saying that he had to pay the debt. But he didn't, and nothing ever came of it, because in the USA there is no such thing as debtor's prison.

One thing you have to do, though, before you default on your credit cards, is you have to stop using the cards completely, and pay 6 months (or whatever your state's period is) of the minimum balance, or else they'll get ya for credit fraud, which is when you use a card with the intention of not paying the debt. Here in Texas, it used to be 6 months, I dunno what it is now, but if you don't make the legally required "good faith" number of payments, well, that's credit card fraud, and you can go to jail for that.

Another thing creditors can do -- they can get a judge's order letting them enter your house to take out whatever it was that you charged and didn't pay for. They'd probably come get a HDTV or other big ticket item, but likely not a pile of underwear. And they couldn't get that Hawaii vacation you charged up . . .

Anyway, IMHO, if you've fallen on bad times, then those credit repair companies should be your last option, after (1) doing your level best to work out a paying plan, (2) defaulting on your loans completely, or (3) filing for bankruptcy.

JMHO . . .

-----

Oh, and by the way, that guy who defaulted on 36 accounts -- today he has great credit. Even while he was being harrassed by bill collectors, he was getting credit card applications in the mail saying, "Because of your excellent credit, we have reserved this Visa card for you . . ." And he bought a new car, too. He kept 4 credit cards up to date, so he effectively got rid of $80,000 of debt and all he had to do was change his phone number and send written letters to his bill collectors telling them not to call him at work. And he's never filed for bankruptcy.

From what I understand, if you file for bankruptcy and then later default on a credit card, the penalties are pretty severe. That's just what I've heard, I dunno if it's true. Just another reason to avoid bankruptcy.
    Last edited by Tock; 01-07-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't worry about out of state collection agencies. They don't have
    jurisdiction. Secondly, there is a statue of limitations. It starts after
    your last payment. Do not admit any debt. Do not talk to them.
    They will try to get you to admit to the debt. They tape everything.
    Don't even ask who is calling just click down the receiver. Get caller ID
    and an unlisted phone. These are geeks working out of their houses
    and they resell these old debts every christmas and a new set of
    hound dogs start calling. I've had calls from INDIA and I have had a
    debit card for over 10 years. Most of these jerks are form out of state.
    Little secret. OK big secret! THe charge companies only give the collection
    companies the last couple of statments. They can't prove you did not pay. You challenge the amount. Only, if you go to court. You win.

PM me if you are nervous. I know all their nasty secrets and have beat
    there buts in court.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    sure, PM me all their nasty secrets, i am going through it right now!!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    Don't worry about out of state collection agencies. They don't have
    jurisdiction.
    If an out of state collection agency is licensed to do business in your state they can come after you.

Secondly, there is a statue of limitations. It starts after
    your last payment.
    Yes there are statue of limitations that differ from state to state, and the statute of limitation can differ, depending on the type of debt. However the debt or your failure to pay the debt can stay on your credit report 7 years.
    Here’s a good link that explains SOL
    http://debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=21.0

Do not admit any debt. Do not talk to them.
    They will try to get you to admit to the debt. They tape everything.
    Don't even ask who is calling just click down the receiver. Get caller ID
    and an unlisted phone.
    Exactly, tell them that no time is convenient for them to call you, at home or at work, and send them a registered letter telling them the same. Here’s an example.
    http://debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=39.0
    And once they violate your request, you send them this letter.
    http://debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=33.0

THe charge companies only give the collection
    companies the last couple of statments. They can't prove you did not pay. You challenge the amount. Only, if you go to court. You win.
    When you first receive a letter from a collector, reply with a request for them to validate the debt. This is the most important thing, because if they don’t answer this request timely or properly, they must drop the debt or face being sued.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    i raised mine around 100 pts by mere harassment lol

every month, i wrote the credit bureaus and disputed every single negative thing

eventually, the people initially reporting me got sick of having to send proof to the credit bureaus and just let it go

so i got out of all my late payments, 1 bounced check, and i think 2 collections that i had paid off erased from my record

it wasnt a pain to do realy either

everytime soemthing was fixed, i just deleted it off my premade letter on my pc

Ufa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    If an out of state collection agency is licensed to do business in your state they can come after you.

Yes there are statue of limitations that differ from state to state, and the statute of limitation can differ, depending on the type of debt. However the debt or your failure to pay the debt can stay on your credit report 7 years.
    Here’s a good link that explains SOL
    http://debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=21.0

Exactly, tell them that no time is convenient for them to call you, at home or at work, and send them a registered letter telling them the same. Here’s an example.
    http://debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=39.0
    And once they violate your request, you send them this letter.
    http://debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=33.0

When you first receive a letter from a collector, reply with a request for them to validate the debt. This is the most important thing, because if they don’t answer this request timely or properly, they must drop the debt or face being sued.
    WRONG! The only one that can come after you is a attorney liscensed
    the state you live. After these accounts have been written off all there
    is a few of the last statements. No proof of any thing but bs. Dispute
    the amount and have attorney file a "Motion to Compel" it's discovery time on your side. Etither they can prove every single charge or they can't.

If any body here is a collector GFY.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp
    any one use a credit repair company to fix their credit. My credit score before divorce 650 after divorce 500.
    Are the credit repair companies real?
    thanks
    They are all real…real good at taking your money.
    I'm not saying they can't help you depending on your situation, but I’ve never heard a customer speak well of them, except of course in commercials and site testimonials.

M.

WRONG! The only one that can come after you is a attorney liscensed
    the state you live.
    What I meant is they can come after you as much as any debt collector that is licensed in your state can. They can, call you until you tell them not to in a letter, send you bills and post derogatory trade lines on your credit report, which will affect your credit. Which is what I think this thread is about.

Obviously if they are going to sue you they will have to hire an attorney that is licensed in the state where you live.

Ufa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    What I meant is they can come after you as much as any debt collector that is licensed in your state can. They can, call you until you tell them not to in a letter, send you bills and post derogatory trade lines on your credit report, which will affect your credit. Which is what I think this thread is about.

Obviously if they are going to sue you they will have to hire an attorney that is licensed in the state where you live.
    Were getting closer together. Until they have a valid judgement they
    can't do any thing but inquire. My credit score is almot 800. You can
    get an unlisted phone number. Sometimes I feel like stalking the
    collectors. Let's see how they like me in person.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    My credit score is in the 300's its sh!tty as hell, but i will have all my debts paid off by March. I just got a credit report and i started to send out $600 here $500 there and every paycheck i put 75% towards my debt. It sucks because i am broke a lot, but i was $11,000 in debt and i started back in October and i will be done by March. I will be getting $700 back from taxes this year and that will pay off another bill, if it wasn't for that money, i would have been out of debt in April, so it saved me a paycheck! I don't live on my own, so that helps as well, and i don't have a car because i lost my license, and that helps as well...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    i raised mine around 100 pts by mere harassment lol

every month, i wrote the credit bureaus and disputed every single negative thing

eventually, the people initially reporting me got sick of having to send proof to the credit bureaus and just let it go

so i got out of all my late payments, 1 bounced check, and i think 2 collections that i had paid off erased from my record

it wasnt a pain to do realy either

everytime soemthing was fixed, i just deleted it off my premade letter on my pc
    thanks billy . its been a long time for me to be in the same thread as you. You used to help me out so much in the lab , just wanted to say thanks.

marsab73 is offline Junior Member
    do what getpaid said....unless of course you have spare cash to have someone else do what you can do......good luck

Quote Originally Posted by marsab73
    do what getpaid said....unless of course you have spare cash to have someone else do what you can do......good luck
    thanks.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Best and only good advice in this thread

J0KER is offline Junior Member
    Credit reapair companies are scams. I would recommend reading this book instead...

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Money-Ma...e=UTF8&s=books

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I bet you have 100s of PMs.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

crazycrab is offline Associate Member
    The best way is to call the crediters and make an easy payment schedule. Talk to them. If you owe them money they will take what ever you give them.
    Do what you tell them your going to do.

I would stay away from the companies that say they will fix credit problems. You can do all of this yourself. They will also take settlements if you can offer a lump sum.

I own a small bussiness and 5 years ago I had Money problems and handled them quit well buy doing what i said i would do. I also found that you get more bees with honey then with vinigar. Talk respectful on the phone and they be more willing to help you with problem.
    That has been my expereince anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycrab
    The best way is to call the crediters and make an easy payment schedule. Talk to them. If you owe them money they will take what ever you give them.
    Bro, if you're looking to improve your credit score, your best bet is to work out a deal for a payoff in exchange for the removal of the derogatory trade line on your credit report, and to get it in writing

Other wise it can sit on your credit report for 7 years.

getpaid is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycrab

I would stay away from the companies that say they will fix credit problems. You can do all of this yourself. They will also take settlements if you can offer a lump sum.

I own a small bussiness and 5 years ago I had Money problems and handled them quit well buy doing what i said i would do. I also found that you get more bees with honey then with vinigar. Talk respectful on the phone and they be more willing to help you with problem.
    That has been my expereince anyway.
    If only it was that easy!

crazycrab is offline Associate Member
    If only it was that easy!

Not everything in life is easy. I was stating my personal expereince with my crediters. Not all financial problems are the same. In the mortgage trade I am sure you see all. But for me my way worked for me.

Good luck to bro.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I use incharge. They dont' charge you anything only ask you to donate. They got my cc's to drop to below 6 % when they were at 22%. I was only paying the minimum and now i'm paying only 5 dolalrs over that amount, but after ayear of it, i've paid off more than 2k. Perty kew.

Thread Information