abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Found a Ferret Today

Weirdest shit! I was driving home and pulled onto the street to our neighborhood and I saw this ferret hopping along the side of the road at night. I back peddled and picked the fat bugger up.

My pooch and cat dont know what to think of the little thing. The ferret is racing around the house.

I am going to give it to the pet store tomorrow.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    man, ferrets are awesome. never owned one, but i've played with one, and they are something else...

i always wanted a ferret, meant to be smelly little buggers.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    you might try calling your neighbours to see if they lost one. Ferrets dont venture far from home when they escape, and I doubt it was wild or you would be missing some fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    you might try calling your neighbours to see if they lost one. Ferrets dont venture far from home when they escape, and I doubt it was wild or you would be missing some fingers.
    I live in a rural area. My nearest neighbor is like 3/4 acre away. I found it at the entrance to the neighborhood off the main drag.

There's only one house I think it could be and these people have like roosters, goats, and peacocks out in their back yard. I'll stop by on the way home to see if their home, but if not the little bugger will have to go back to one of the local stores.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I worked on a mink ranch in Jr. High and they were nasty. We had to use kevlar reinforced gloves when handling them because their teeth were so damn sharp. Plus, they (along with ferrets and skunks) belong to the mustelid genus, which means they squirt and stink like a mutha'.

If you can handle a ferret with ease, then it's definitely tame. And PB is right about not wandering far away from its home. Caged mink (which were not domesticated in any way, shape, or form) also didn't travel very far when they got out. Either that, or someone abandoned it by the road.

BTW, what are you feeding it? Canned tuna or canned cat food will work fine.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    they (along with ferrets and skunks) belong to the mustelid genus, which means they squirt and stink like a mutha'.
    Just what I was thinking,

They are cute as hell, until they shit or squirt and stink up the whole damn house!

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    So when you saw what did you think? WTF its ferret....Still think your lucky didnt draw back a nub for a finger when went to pick it up

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Eat it.

I asked the guy at the corner store where I found it if he has herd anything and he said no.

The little bitch took a shit in the corner of the offfice. I knew that was coming.

I am going to take it up to the humane society this week.

Right now the ferret is eating some dry cat food.

I like ferrets, but i dont want one. I dont like how they shit every where when you let them out of their cage. Funny thing is that I picked he up and put her in the litty litter box and she squated back and took a piss, but she shit in the corner.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Ferrets are pretty cool, this guy i used to know had one and everytime i used to go over his house and take off my sneekers the little fvcker used to try and steal them. I think they have some kind of instinct with stealing shit and they are so sneaky about it that if your not paying attention your shit is gone and you can't find it for nothing.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    dont give it to the human society, if no one claims it , they may put euthanise her. put an add in the paper first, someone will claim it

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    big T please edit out your rec drug reference.

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    ha thats random!

Thread Information