Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti

Birth Control: Do women get shutdown?

Last night I was explaining to my wife in the best way that I could how aas works and what steps/drugs are req'd to make a complete cycle including pct.

She asked me a few basic questions that I need help from anyone here that actually knows. Here goes:

Women use birth control for months and even years at a time. Many versions of female birth control (the pill, shots, etc) keep the ovaries from releasing the egg. Basically, the ovary is shut down? Typically, it may take several months to become "fertile" again, however, this is not always the case. Are women still producing estrogen while on birth control? Or are they "shutdown" in the same way that gear shuts men down? If this is the case (an estrogen shutdown), why is it okay for this to happen over and over again? Would this constant shutdown lead to female hormonal problems down the road?

Not sure if I’m comparing apples to apples, so please bear with me. Thanks.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Last night I was explaining to my wife in the best way that I could how aas works and what steps/drugs are req'd to make a complete cycle including pct.

She asked me a few basic questions that I need help from anyone here that actually knows. Here goes:

Women use birth control for months and even years at a time. Many versions of female birth control (the pill, shots, etc) keep the ovaries from releasing the egg. Basically, the ovary is shut down? Typically, it may take several months to become "fertile" again, however, this is not always the case. Are women still producing estrogen while on birth control? Or are they "shutdown" in the same way that gear shuts men down? If this is the case (an estrogen shutdown), why is it okay for this to happen over and over again? Would this constant shutdown lead to female hormonal problems down the road?

they are shut down in the same way that gear shuts us down.

looks like the media is biased towards testosterone but not estrogen hmmm

they both are effected in "the negative feedback loop"

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    there are suppliments to boost thier natural production of estro..

don't take this yourself..

good luck
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

shwamin2004 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04

looks like the media is biased towards testosterone but not estrogen hmmm
    Or..gear is illegal. Birth control is not.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by shwamin2004
    Or..gear is illegal. Birth control is not.
    1. they are both steroids
    2. they both effect the negative feedback loop
    3. IF a guy wanted to take a guy form of birth control, it would be testosterone . Doing that, its essentially using the same pathway that estrogen uses to control woman

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

I don't believe they're totally 'shutdown' as the amount they administer isn't supraphysiological.

But they are 'suppressed'.

Additionally.. the ovaries can be affected. I'm not sure if atrophy is the correct term for it... but yes, if suppressed for too long they will shut down... possibly indefinately.

I was talking to a couple of friends recently with regard to female contraception.. because females close to me have some pretty painful periods. So i was inquiring about how long they could administer birth control before it'd cause a problem.

The docs say it's necessary to have a period every 3 months (i.e. all administration must be ceased) at the very least to keep the ovaries functioning.

Suppression for a longer period could result in 'shutdown'.

I can't say definatively how administration affects estrogen production though.

By the way... estrogen isn't produced soley by the ovaries.

Smaller amounts are produced by the liver; adrenal glands; and the breasts.

And 'estrogen' should actually be represented as 'estrogens'...

As within the body 'estrogen' represents a group of compounds...not just one. e.g. Estradiol; Estriol etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    By the way... estrogen isn't produced soley by the ovaries.

Smaller amounts are produced by the liver; adrenal glands; and the breasts.

And 'estrogen' should actually be represented as 'estrogens'...

As within the body 'estrogen' represents a group of compounds...not just one. e.g. Estradiol; Estriol etc.
    Testosterone is obviously only produced in the balls, correct?

My wife was one depo or the shot for over two years without interruption. She had a lot of trouble and sides from it including weight gain, nausea, emotional depression, etc.
    I think its interesting that doctors/ media/ government talk about how dangerous steroids are from men. Sure, for a still developing male under 25 it can be, but aside from that, is it any more dangerous than a woman using birth control?

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    Women are on 3 week on one week off cycles.(normally) Anyone who uses juice do cycles like that?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    There is actually soem debate over the fact that womens birth control are legal, where as test etc for men is not..

interesting argument by some, but one i highly doubt will ever go anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    Women are on 3 week on one week off cycles.(normally) Anyone who uses juice do cycles like that?

Right, as it pertains to the pill, and the nolvaring, etc. I hope no one uses gear like that!

However, the shot lasts for three months at a time, at which, the user has the option to get another shot. This method can lead to infertility for months after the 3-month period has lapsed.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    Right, as it pertains to the pill, and the nolvaring, etc. I hope no one uses gear like that!

However, the shot lasts for three months at a time, at which, the user has the option to get another shot. This method can lead to infertility for months after the 3-month period has lapsed.
    implants last years don't they? but i meant normally

sassy69 is offline ~Female Vet~
    Well, not being an expert, I went to the internet...

from http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0663.html

Birth control pills fool the body into acting as if it's pregnant. Birth control pills, also called oral contraceptives (OCs), come in two forms: the combined OC, a combination of two synthetic hormones, estrogen and progestin; and, the minipill, which consists solely of progestin. Combined OCs are more commonly used, though both kinds are available through health care providers. The combination pill prevents ovulation by suppressing the natural hormones in the body that would stimulate the ovary to release an egg. By taking this estrogen throughout the month, you insure that no egg will be developed or released for that cycle. Progestin thickens the cervical mucus, hindering the movement of sperm. Progestin also prevents the uterus's lining from developing normally; so, if an egg were fertilized, implantation is unlikely.

Why you can keep using it -- I guess that's because it isn't completely shut down. The consequences of complete estrogen production shutdown? Think the stuff you hear about menopause - hot flashes, osteoporosis, etc.
    hard work = hard bod

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    implants last years don't they? but i meant normally
    Yes an iud can last up to 7 years.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    So estro isn't produce from the aromatization of test in females? I figured they just had more aromatase then men.

Regardless, women can bouce back pretty quickly if they stop taking BC...Or at least it doesn't seem as extreme as a male stopping a cycle.

Whats the reason for this?

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    My guess is the fact that some of the compounds are very foreign to the body. Look at compounds that shut you down real hard like deca ...a totally man made derivative of testosterone .

Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4 GSR
    My guess is the fact that some of the compounds are very foreign to the body. Look at compounds that shut you down real hard like deca...a totally man made derivative of testosterone.
    Testosterone shuts your down hard... while dianabol (a test-derivative) does not to the same degree...

Thread Information