Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOOST is offline Member

Thumbs down Death from Steroids By Todd Ganci

When I was cycling, I used to humor myself by asking "If steroids are so bad, where are the bodies?" At that time I didn't hear stories about too many people that had serious health problems or any that died from steroids. It turns out the problems take years to manifest and many die prematurely, in their 30's, 40's or 50's instead of their 60's, 70's or 80's. The following are but a few of the many:

Sonny Schmidt died at 46
    Scott Klein died at 30
    Ron Teufel died at 45
    Dan Duchaine died at 48
    Mohammed Benaziza died at 28
    Andreas Munzer died at 30
    Mike Mentzer died at 49
    Ray Mentzer died at 47
    Don Ross died at 55
    Dr. John Tristany died
    Don Peters died
    Ray Raridon died
    Steroid Health Risks

Dennis Newman (leukemia)
    Orville Burke (coma)
    Don Long (kidney failure)
    Tom Prince (kidney failure)
    Flex Wheeler (kidney transplant)
    Ed Corney (stroke)
    Boyer Coe (heart)
    Danny Padilla (heart)
    Pete Grymkowski (heart)
    Mike Martarazzo 39 (triple bypass heart surgery)

The average US citizen lives to be 77.2 years old. The average citizen doesn't eat right or exercise enough, that's why the obesity rate is at the highest it's ever been. Athletes, especially bodybuilders eat great and exercise a lot. Why are so many dying 20, 30 or even 40 years sooner than the average couch potato?

No links to other sights.

Gsxxr

uv listed about 20 people there, and i say that considering the number of users there are, 20 people is low. Ok we may only know of them because of thei media coverage they get, but we dont know their medical history either!

who is to say that the ones who had heart problems were not from a family that is known to have heart problems in their medical history?

everyone is different, maybe the ones that had the kidney problems were consuming too much protein! maybe the ones with liver problems drank alcohol whilst abusing oral steroids . maybe the abuse side of things comes into play, abuse and you lose! the ones with heart problems consumed too much red meat. one person cud eat red meat forever and be grand, someone might eat it twice a week and get a heart problem we are all different. we just dont know

its a small number u have listed compared to users. theres also 3 ppl there u have listed as "died", of what? everyone dies!

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    regardless these steroid users died at a young age to steroid related illnesses. if they didnt take steroids at all Ill bet they wouldnt be on the list bro.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you have medical proof that states that these 20 people died of "steroid -related" issues ?

Im guesssing you dont. There is no way to prove that someone has died from the educated use of AAS.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    When I die, at least I'll be bigger than all the other dead smucks around me.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2
    regardless these steroid users died at a young age to steroid related illnesses. if they didnt take steroids at all Ill bet they wouldnt be on the list bro.

can u say outright thta if they didnt use steroids they would have died these ways? u cant, they may have had a heart attack at a younger age, u just dont know! no one has EVER died because of steroids !! there is no proof whatsoever

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Dennis Newman (leukemia)
    Orville Burke (coma)
    Don Long (kidney failure)
    Flex Wheeler (kidney transplant)
    Ed Corney (stroke)
    Boyer Coe (heart)
    Danny Padilla (heart)
    Pete Grymkowski (heart)
    Mike Martarazzo 39 (triple bypass heart surgery)

ok besides martarazzo and wheeler, the rest of the people on this list could have been geneticaly pre-dispositioned to have these diseases, you cant say 100% steroids caused them to have these diseases.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    diuretics.....not steroids gentleman. (for at least a couple)

Anybody who has been on the forums for over a year or so has seen this same thing multiple times. Yes these people died prematurely, and yes they did do steroids , but the majority of them were also addicted to pain killers, alcohol, etc. Plus, in the 60's and 70's, bodybuilders ate primarily red meat as their protein source, leading to a variety of diet related problems.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the steroids helped the matter, but a great deal of these deaths were not caused by steroids, but rather other substances.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    ok so you have 20 people listed out of how many that have taken steroids ? as previously mentioned where is the actual medical evidence stating their death was related to steroid use ?

even if it was true their deaths were related to steroids who the hell knows how much and what they were taking to begin with. Theres a big difference between steroid use, misuse and abuse. Anything taken in excess can cause serious harm or death, and steroids are obviously not an acception to this rule--have you ever watched "SuperSize Me"? You're looking at this with a blind eye bro.

ok how about a list of people who have lived who took a boat load of steroids

arnold
    lou ferigno
    franco columbo
    mark romanowski
    hulk hogan
    vince mcmahon
    sly stalone
    the list goes on and on,

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    ok so you have 20 people listed out of how many that have taken steroids ? as previously mentioned where is the actual medical evidence stating their death was related to steroid use ?

even if it was true their deaths were related to steroids who the hell knows how much and what they were taking to begin with. Theres a big difference between steroid use, misuse and abuse. Anything taken in excess can cause serious harm or death, and steroids are obviously not an acception to this rule--have you ever watched "SuperSize Me"? You're looking at this with a blind eye bro.
    exactly!!!even hug doses of water could be toxic. anything in execess can kill you. moderation is the key to health and life

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Do you have medical proof that states that these 20 people died of "steroid -related" issues ?

Im guesssing you dont. There is no way to prove that someone has died from the educated use of AAS.
    dan ducahine/tom prince/matrazzo. i dont think they used steroids educationay LOL. let me clarify...we do have proof that abuse of steroids will raise cholesterol/blood pressure/liver enzymes/demonstrate poor kidney function etc. these bodybuilders had either kidney or heart problems...granted Im almost positive diuretics had more to do w/ this but nonetheless ABUSE of steroids isnt healthy bro.

frank zane
    Ed coan- powerlifter
    kirk kawarski-powerlifter
    louie simmons-powerlifter

give me a little help people, name some others who are alive and well

frank zane LMAO!!! we can just seperate users from abusers now. from all accounts frank zane used very minimal doses of AAS. tom prince abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2
    frank zane LMAO!!! we can just seperate users from abusers now. from all accounts frank zane used very minimal doses of AAS. tom prince abuser
    no the post is about steroid users and death in generalnot just abusers, so zane counts.

slob is offline Member
    I bet I could find a list of 20 people who died a young age like them who DIDN'T take steroids who... drank lots of milk. That wouldn't mean milk killed them would it? Sometimes people die young. They could have been pre-disposed to having some kind of condition.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    theres a difference with use and abuse, of anything for that matter. there will always be 2 sides of this issue, but the same with every issue.

if your predisposed to cancer or disease im sure steroids would speed up the rate of the cancer. thats pure logic, but doesnt mean it caused it.

diuretic drugs, DNP , GHB...stuff like this i think prolonged use or abuse will cause a number of things BAD. but thats just me

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    I would say the majority of the health problems would come from pretty much any drug to help lean you up or dry you out. They always have the worst side effects.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    there have been a ton of steroid related deaths in "pro"-wrestling:

Mr. Perfect
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    british bulldog
    louie spiccoli
    brian pillman
    Chris Candido
    Junkyard Dog
    Hercules
    Big John Studd
    Hawk (from legion of doom)
    Crash Holly
    eddie geurrero
    Vivian Vachon
    Terry Gordy

and there are many others. these guys were like hereos when i was younger and most died in their early 40's sometimes 30's. its really sad. ill specualte that most were abusers and also used other drugs recreationally that led to early death....but please be aware guys, there can be dangerous side effects if you do stupid shit with gear! next time someone posts a thread about drinking/drugs while on gear refer them to the list of the deceased.

oh i forgot....Big Boss Man. he was a personal Fave :/

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    ok how about a list of people who have lived who took a boat load of steroids

arnold
    lou ferigno
    franco columbo
    mark romanowski
    hulk hogan
    vince mcmahon
    sly stalone
    the list goes on and on,
    I clicked on that 'Hogan Knows Best" TV show this weekend. Hogan was in GNC buying DHEA.........

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250

Mr. Perfect
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    british bulldog
    louie spiccoli
    brian pillman
    Chris Candido
    Junkyard Dog
    Hercules
    Big John Studd
    Crash Holly
    eddie geurrero
    Vivian Vachon
    Terry Gordy

and there are many others. these guys were like hereos when i was younger and most died in their early 40's sometimes 30's. its really sad. ill specualte that most were abusers and also used other drugs recreationally that led to early death....but please be aware guys, there can be dangerous side effects if you do stupid shit with gear! next time someone posts a thread about drinking/drugs while on gear refer them to the list of the deceased.
    Did Big John Stud even use AAS? He certainly was not using any cutting drugs, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Did Big John Stud even use AAS? He certainly was not using any cutting drugs, that's for sure!
    yea big john was a juicer, probably lots of dbol lol. died at the age of 48.... liver/hodgkins is what ultimatley killed him.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    How about the other million's of people who have used steroids worldwide?

Such a small number has no significant statistical value what-so-ever.

Oh man, imagine all the people who have cancer and drank a Poland Spring water before... that stuff must be worst than anthrax!!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Well there is a study showing mortality among finnish powerlifters is higher than mortality among avarage finns. But I seem to remember it was mostly suicide that dominated so not realy health problems.

Besides that one, does anyone know any long term study with a large enough group to make it statisticaly significant that shows strenght athletes, bodybuilders, track&field and other steroid using athletes have higher mortality?

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    How about the other million's of people who have used steroids worldwide?

Such a small number has no significant statistical value what-so-ever.

Oh man, imagine all the people who have cancer and drank a Poland Spring water before... that stuff must be worst than anthrax!!
    Why is Poland spring bad? I never heard anything bad about poland spring..................

beuleux is offline Banned
    heres one medical report Ill look for some more...

http://arpa.allenpress.com/arpaonlin...S%3E2.0.CO%3B2

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I would not post crap like that. It sounds like some one in Congress
    would refer to. Total Shit! Negative muther freakin bunk..

I'mdoingitagin! is offline New Member
    a lot of these wrestlers died in their own hands. Eddie Guerrero abused pain killers which i'm sure didnt mix well with roids. Besides, these guys never had time to go to the gym ever! look at their schedules..they travel all year round and never see a gym, most of the time they use gear just to stay big....Arnold probably abused the most iv'e ever know of...we're talking about 7-10 d-bols a week with a glass of milk when he was 16 when the average was 2 a week...(read the biography)...and he only had heart surgery due to his heart missing 1 out of three valves that most are born with. He knew as a child that as he got older that his heart would give him problems, but it wasnt the gear that did it.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mdoingitagin!
    a lot of these wrestlers died in their own hands. Eddie Guerrero abused pain killers which i'm sure didnt mix well with roids. Besides, these guys never had time to go to the gym ever! look at their schedules..they travel all year round and never see a gym, most of the time they use gear just to stay big....Arnold probably abused the most iv'e ever know of...we're talking about 7-10 d-bols a week with a glass of milk when he was 16 when the average was 2 a week...(read the biography)...and he only had heart surgery due to his heart missing 1 out of three valves that most are born with. He knew as a child that as he got older that his heart would give him problems, but it wasnt the gear that did it.

bodybuilders today abuse more aas then back then...sure arnold was poping dbols like its candy, but today these bb's use high amounts of HGH, Slin, amongst other drugs. ive heard of bb's taking well over 15ius a day i would say even 20+ would be more accurate, and as for slin doses they are rediculously high.

gh makes you live forever tho

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250

Mr. Perfect
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    british bulldog
    louie spiccoli
    brian pillman
    Chris Candido
    Junkyard Dog
    Hercules
    Big John Studd
    Crash Holly
    eddie geurrero
    Vivian Vachon
    Terry Gordy

ALOT of these guys also had HUGE problems with rec drugs!!! i think this added to there demise more than the AAS

Mr. Perfect
    eddie geurrero
    louie spiccoli
    Chris Candido
    aim sure about, and i am not even a big wrestling fan

british bulldog? i thought he was still alive? isnt he married to bret hart's sister?

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    They were all competitive BBers who probly didnt even come off and used huge dosages.

Thast not me.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    most if not all the wrestlers other drugs were being used in conjunction with roids...................
    and anyway the pros use boatloads of shit,do you??

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    British Bulldog/Davey Boy Smith died of painkillers.......................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Ok now lets find some figure of people that do cocaine and die, and heroin and die, and alcoholics and die, Alcohol is perfectly legal and I can almsot garuntee you that more people will die of it this year alone than have ever supposeable died of steroids . USE AND ABUSE are not the same. Thats what this board preaches, use, and healthy use at that, how many times do you see someone telling a new guy to use 2grams of Test? Come on man, I can almost garuntee this board had saved a few peoples lives. Yeah some people might have died from steroids speeding up their problems, but you find me a name on that list of a guy that is just a normal joe walking down the street taking healthy doses for self improvement not some multimillionare superstar that takes amillion other drugs and parties all the time with no sleep horrible nutrition and probably limited knowlege of the drug anyway!

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mdoingitagin!
    a lot of these wrestlers died in their own hands. Eddie Guerrero abused pain killers which i'm sure didnt mix well with roids. Besides, these guys never had time to go to the gym ever! look at their schedules..they travel all year round and never see a gym, most of the time they use gear just to stay big....Arnold probably abused the most iv'e ever know of...we're talking about
    7-10 d-bols a week
    with a glass of milk when he was 16 when the average was 2 a week...(read the biography)...and he only had heart surgery due to his heart missing 1 out of three valves that most are born with. He knew as a child that as he got older that his heart would give him problems, but it wasnt the gear that did it.
    This is nothing....i used to take this in 1 day.

bulldog died of a heart attack. no painkillers in his system at the time of death altho he did abuse pain killers during his career. painkillers + juice is a recipe for disaster and that is what killed a lot of guys. autopsy said past steroid /GH abuse may have led to his heart attack. he was 40 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    British Bulldog/Davey Boy Smith died of painkillers.......................
    i didnt know that. damn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information