dhriscerr is offline Senior Member

Part time job as a Personal Trainer

I was talking to the personal trainer at the community college, and she said she has had a few guys come in looking to get bigger, but when they found out that the personal trainer was a chick they were hesitant to get training, She said If I got certified that she could refer people to me that dont want to work with her, and I could set my own hours. I know there are alot of different organizations and certs you can get, what are some of the more highly respected ones? I am thinking of doing this part time the rest of my life and maybe turning it into something more.

Any personal trainers out there?

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Yeah I'm a part time personal trainer. It's a pain in the ass to build a client list, it takes time, but its a good gig
    The easiest and most recognizable is ISSA I'd say
    www.ISSAFitness.com thats not the link, google ISSA

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Any personal trainers out there?
    Getting clients is the hardest part. But if she is handing them to you it might not be a bad deal. I'd also weigh out if its going to cost you a few hundred and some time to get a cert. How many clients is it going to take for you to make that back? Is it worth it?

BTW you don't set your own hours. You work around all the clients schedule.

I'm certified but I don't train people, I don't have the patience for people's bullshit. The reason why I'm not a good trainer is because what I tell people is shit they don't want to hear or realize. This is not easy, it's not about a TV in the ****ing gym, or a magic pill that'll shed body fat, you have to bust your ass to get anything out of it, just like any other aspect of life. And when they started questioning my prices, that's what usually ended the client relationship. "Why am I paying $100 for a diet that took you 20 minutes to draw up?" Why the **** do you pay a lawyer $500 an hour? Why do you pay a plumber $90 an hour for doing something simple? Easy, your paying for our knowledge, your paying for all the years of trial and error, my own personal research you whiny little bitch. I kick people the real deal, many successful trainers don't. They dont look like they workout, some really dont workout, but they'll stand next to you w/ that clipboard and say"come on Susie, 2 more reps" Give me a ****ing break, a real trainer will make it so the client doesn't need him after a month.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I do some personal training to help out my buddy who owns a gym. He gives me the clients because he doesn't want to deal with them. I'm not really certified in anything recognizable. lol

I do it for pocket money that I give to my girlfriend just to shut her mouth or wrap it around something.

Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    I do some personal training to help out my buddy who owns a gym. He gives me the clients because he doesn't want to deal with them. I'm not really certified in anything recognizable. lol

I do it for pocket money that I give to my girlfriend just to shut her mouth or wrap it around something.

You'd make Donald Trump proud, smart thinking!

Ha Ha, I got 3 friends that are personal trainers, and I've always loved working out, so i figured it would be a good job, but I totally know what your talking about, but on the same token it would be part time, so if I dont like the hours they want they can find someone else, I dont NEED the money it would just be a little extra. And If there being stupid and not understanding of how much effort you have to put into it then screw them, I would only help people that really wanted to learn

Slowhand is offline Associate Member
    to make good money personal training you need to know how to be a car salsemen at the same time

my buddy is making almost 6 figures in Huntington beach

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    NASM...NAtional Academy of Sports Medicine is the number 1 place to get certified through... ISSA, ACE, and ACSM are all good to.

Making money as a personal trainer is not an easy thing. IF you're a good salesman and know your shit about fitness and nutrition you can make it in this field. Been doing it for years on and off and I love it. Those guys are shakey about taking advice from a woman they should come train with me and my partner...she was only Ms Texas back in 04. She can out lift most guys at the gym and not to mention she's built...LOL Oh well...

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    NASM...NAtional Academy of Sports Medicine is the number 1 place to get certified through... ISSA, ACE, and ACSM are all good to.

Making money as a personal trainer is not an easy thing. IF you're a good salesman and know your shit about fitness and nutrition you can make it in this field. Been doing it for years on and off and I love it. Those guys are shakey about taking advice from a woman they should come train with me and my partner...she was only Ms Texas back in 04. She can out lift most guys at the gym and not to mention she's built...LOL Oh well...
    Post some pics of her Big T. Dont hold out on us
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Post some pics of her Big T. Dont hold out on us
    Alright...Ill call her and have her come on here..how's that. Just be nice to Christina....or SHE'LL kick you arse...LOL

Thread Information