gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Cell phone for other countries

I had a moto razor from cingular that my girl brought to Poland. She paid and had it unlocked over there. It worked in Poland, Uk and Africa. With what ever Sim card she used. Now back here the phone wont work. I tried the original cingular card and a t-Mobil and cant get service. Anyone know why?

Snrf is offline Banned
    happened to me with a blackberry....I just trashed it cuz they were shitty phones anyway.

I'm not sure why it happens

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    If nobody here can answer your question check out http://www.howardforums.com/ . The cell phone guys there know everything and I mean EVERYTHING about any cell phone question. If I ever need help doing anything to do with a cell phone I go there first.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    What do you mean "it wont work"? Try doing a manual network search. So go to
    Menu/Settings/Network/Availble Networks. See what networks come up and select your service provider.

What can happen is that that your HS gets used to acertain frequency in a foreign country. For example it starts to use 800MhZ in Poland while in the US it using 1900 MhZ and doesnt find it. Its rare but can happen.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i put card in and it says searching for network, Finally when it stops it has no bars for signal. And if i try and placwe a call or send a text i get an error.

Did you try what I wrote in post #4? Near window or outside
    Also try putting your amercain SIM in another HS to see what happens, if the same thing happens then call your service provider. If not then something wrong with your handset

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    What doesn't work? It can't dial out, or data doesn't work.

Go to Menu, Settings,System Settings. See what it shows as "preferred" network. It may still be looking for the APN overseas. Change it to Cingular or Tmobile depending on what SIM you have in. Also try this:

74663## clear, clear

Select NAM 1 and see what number shows up. If it's an international number, change it. Send me PM if it doesn't work with your cell number and SIM ID if it's Cingular and I'll fix it for you.

Thread Information