Thread: Hammer Strength

Logan13 is offline Banned

Hammer Strength

My gym is selling off all of their Hammer Strength equipment en lieu of getting brand new ones, which will not use free weights. He wants $400 each! These are only 6 years old and in great shape. So my question for you, Is this as great of deal as it seems? I am planning on buying at least the Incline bench and shoulder press.
    They have the following, all Hammer Strength Iso-lateral:

Bench
    Incline bench
    shoulder press (behind the head)
    Tricep press
    lat pulldown

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Weigh the cost vs benefits.. if you're always gonna have a gym membership then what's the point of buying equipment.. also what's the point of just having one or two pieces, it's not like you could actually get a full workout using a piece of hammer strength.

If it were something like a cage or a set of barbells/dumbbells then it'd be a different story, but strength pieces are pretty useless unless you have access to an assortment of them.

I personally wouldn't waste the money.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    That is cheap for them. But most of the frame is welded together so it might be possible for you to get into your home.

Not sure how buying isolated strength machines is worth it though, why not invest in a power cage w/an adjustable flat/incline bench or something that is much more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Not sure how buying isolated strength machines is worth it though, why not invest in a power cage w/an adjustable flat/incline bench or something that is much more versatile.
    Are you married? I converted an under the house garage into a gym. Right now I have a Body smith bench (flat/incline/decline), Body Smith lat pull down(cable), Body Smith leg extension, dip platform, and leg press, as well as a seated preacher. This will simply complete that which I have already started. You get married and have kids, you don't always have the time to get away to the gym. This is a nice alternative on those days, especially for my wife. Brand new, these are around $5,000.

Yea I am.

Didn't realize you had all the other equipment, in that case it should work out great for you.
    What are you waiting for

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Yea I am.

Didn't realize you had all the other equipment, in that case it should work out great for you.
    What are you waiting for
    Damn good question! I will purchase tomorrow........

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    it's definitely a great deal if you have the space and cash (and like hammer strength).

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    being married should make you want to get out of the house more!!

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    being married should make you want to get out of the house more!!
    Nah, my wife is hot and takes pretty good care of me.....
    Besides, she takes orders really well also........

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    it's definitely a great deal if you have the space and cash (and like hammer strength).
    I used to give guys shit for using the machines. But as I get older these iso-laterals machines are much easier on my joints. When I max on flat bench, my wrists just ache. I still hate universals, but iso-laterals have found a place in my routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    I used to give guys shit for using the machines. But as I get older these iso-laterals machines are much easier on my joints. When I max on flat bench, my wrists just ache. I still hate universals, but iso-laterals have found a place in my routine.
    wery true. i have to think the magnus ver magnussons of the world are usually semi-crippled at a prett young age. all i want to do is be in decent shape and pain-free. do you have a pair of wrist wraps? you can buy them off inzer or atpsprowriststraps for pretty cheap. they can let you continue to lift heavy while you're trying to get your wrists healed.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    wery true. i have to think the magnus ver magnussons of the world are usually semi-crippled at a prett young age. all i want to do is be in decent shape and pain-free. do you have a pair of wrist wraps? you can buy them off inzer or atpsprowriststraps for pretty cheap. they can let you continue to lift heavy while you're trying to get your wrists healed.
    Yes, I use the wrist wraps, and they have really helped with the heavy flat benching. Going to the Hammer Strength I even use them with the heavy lifts. On the Hammer Strength iso lateral bench I can put (4) plates + (1) 25lbs on each side, I am not sure how this translates into free weight benching, but I can get a great workout with them. I think that the max is 400lbs on each side, so it really gives me alot of options. I used to think that the iso-laterals were only good for use with light weight during isolations.

it's really hard to estimate because they make little changes every year and just moving the fulcrum point a centimeter can change the leverage so drastically.

Thread Information