rubix6 is offline Female Member

re-racking your weights

sooo... is it like the cool new thing to leave your free weights all over the gym? NOONE re-racks their weights at my gym. It is so fuvcking annoying! I try to do what I can to help clean up, but I'm 110 lbs girl, do you really expect me to lift a dumbell that is almost as heavy as I am?

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    Rubix...sounds like your a nice person. Just hink of it as adding to your workout...and burning more calories...It does suck when you got to waste time looking for what you want on the flooer instead of working out though.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rubix6
    sooo... is it like the cool new thing to leave your free weights all over the gym? NOONE re-racks their weights at my gym. It is so fuvcking annoying! I try to do what I can to help clean up, but I'm 110 lbs girl, do you really expect me to lift a dumbell that is almost as heavy as I am?
    hell yea its the cool thing to do, that way i can show off how much weight i use to you girls. don't lie, i know you're impressed even though you have to clean 315lbs of weights off the bench every time before you can use it.

i have to admit, i'm very good at reading women. for example when you say "It is so fuvcking annoying!", i know you really mean "WOW, look how powerful he is!"

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    that really pisses me off, especially when someone re-racks them in no particular order

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i'll go over to the rack, or hip sled, it will still be loaded, and very loudly ask "anyone still on this???"

"No???"

"Well, they must have been too tired to unload the machine... or too weak"

but i'm loud, not there to make freinds, i have enough freinds..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    i'll go over to the rack, or hip sled, it will still be loaded, and very loudly ask "anyone still on this???"

"No???"

yeah most of the time il say something to drop a strong hint

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    hell yea its the cool thing to do, that way i can show off how much weight i use to you girls. don't lie, i know you're impressed even though you have to clean 315lbs of weights off the bench every time before you can use it.

i have to admit, i'm very good at reading women. for example when you say "It is so fuvcking annoying!", i know you really mean "WOW, look how powerful he is!"

I agree

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard

"No???"

I'm like you.

Only difference is.. i SEE the person who uses the station last..and i go AFTER 'em.. and say: "Go rack your fuking weight".

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Yup that shit pisses me off....

But lucky for me I workout at an old folks retirment home....Reason being I like to be the biggest guy in the gym....So when I see one of those old f#ckers leave their weights out I sneak into the locker room and steal there bottle of geritol,wait two weeks for the geritol to leave their system then lay the smak down on there old vitamin defficent ass's.....

stacked566 is offline Associate Member
    thats the funniest things ever. When I started training with these powerlifters over summer back home, they made me clean all the weights off because I accidentally left some plates on the BB after benching...god I was a bitch.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSE

But lucky for me I workout at an old folks retirment home....Reason being I like to be the biggest guy in the gym....So when I see one of those old f#ckers leave their weights out I sneak into the locker room and steal there bottle of geritol,wait two weeks for the geritol to leave their system then lay the smak down on there old vitamin defficent ass's.....
    ^^ You're going to hell

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. I just dont understand why people cant put them back. Then, the few that do, have like the 55lbs where the 15's go and weights all over.

once a week, I actually, when done working out, will go around the gym putting everything back and in order.

I hate things not being in order and right...

rubix...you rock!

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i ALWAYS rack my weights.......only thing i'll do is like on leg press or some of the hammer strength machines i'll leave one plate left on......it really pisses me off when people leave all the weight they used on the machine and leave it.....of course it does make it so i don't have to add weights but wtf......why would anyone use 25's on leg press??????????????? that really pisses me off.....i just launch them across the gym when that happens

in my gym theres signs up basically sayin rack your weights or get a ban.didnt really believe it till about 4/5 weeks ago i was at the counter and the owner(competeing heavyweight) was in the middle of giving some geeza a week ban for consistantly leaving his weights all over the place.
    wouldnt be so bad but its the only PROPPER gym for many miles,unless you wanna work out with 70yr old women.lol

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    well, i go to university, and in college, "cool trends" catch on quick and get taken to the extremes

just yesterday, some geek was curling in the squat rack, i waited for him to finish so i could SQUAT in the SQUAT rack, (i usually ask people to leave the rack in these situations but he only had 1 set), then he just leaves

inside my head i was thinking (any thoughts on unracking the ****ing weights)

in all honesty though, it all kind of works out. in a typical gym, you approach an empty bar, put on your weights, then take them off when your done. in my gym

you unrack some body elses weights, put yours on, then when your done, you walk away. so its all the same i guess

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Im a trainer at Penn State I know exactly what you mean. After all my appt.s I really don't want to pick up after hundreds of people but I do. SOBs it's not really too hard the racks are labeled.

beuleux is offline Banned
    Ok sorry Ill rack them next time

chest6 is offline Banned
    i always rack my weights...even after im on the verge of death after leg press and i can barely stand i rack all those annoying weighs

when people dont rack their weight and i see who did it ill chase after them and be like hey man were you doing that...theyll say yes...then ill be like okay unrack the bar then

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    not only do i not rack the weights but i ususally throw a few extra 45's on each side before i leave to really impress the girls.

chest6 is offline Banned
    rofl..other day these kids had like 8 sets of dbs on the ground and there were dumbbells everywhere. stupid idiots.

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    I WOULD re-rack all my weight except I seem to be one of the three or four to do this at the gyms I attend other than the staff golds has hired to put them back.

I also do not re-rack the leg press machine. Everytime I do leg presses there is never any weight around so I have to go all over the gym lookin for 45's on top of that I think it is funny when someone sees me doing a certain weight (not really that much) and then they come and try right after I leave and they can barely move it or they will move it 3 inches. It makes me happy to see them get bummed out

If there were more people who did this I would do it 100% everytime I cant really stand things out of place but at the same time I dont wanna spend all day fixing it or worrying about it. I know if I did I would wig the f*ck out if I went to the effort and saw people put it back in the wrong place or not at all. So I choose to only put as much effort in as I feel necessary each time so I do not become picky about it and dont get wierd, haha.

I do put dumbells back always and I hate it when there are two different dumbells of the same weight next to each other, both gyms I go to have like three to four different sets of weights and none of them matching in handle or weight distribution etc but for some reason they always seem to be miss matched.

More less I do a half ass job in the re-racking area,
    Last edited by xpijeonx; 02-09-2007 at 01:53 AM.

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    rofl..other day these kids had like 8 sets of dbs on the ground and there were dumbbells everywhere. stupid idiots.
    When I am faced with this, I loudly state: Looks like the Dumbbell Ferry came over here and took a big sh*t."

I'm guilty of leaving one plate on the bench and squat racks. Thats it. I put everything else away in order. That seems to be the norm in my part of the world.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?

But lucky for me I workout at an old folks retirment home....Reason being I like to be the biggest guy in the gym....So when I see one of those old f#ckers leave their weights out
    I sneak into the locker room and steal there bottle of geritol,wait two weeks for the geritol to leave their system then lay the smak down on there old vitamin defficent ass's
    Ha 2 fvckin funny horse!!!

Foskamink is offline Banned

seriously sadistic you satan spawn.

It's pretty much the norm to not rack your weights at the gym I go to. Had I known this before I would have just joined a different gym

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    It sucks but Id almost rather have them not re rack them than to rack them all jacked up, because oterwise im digging through 2-45's a 10 a 25 and a 2 1/2 just to find that damn 5lber that I want, then I have to go to a different tree and look for another one. Otherwise I just go take one off the floor somewhere. Either way, just rack them where they go, you should have to take a damn test to work out. Not to mention when I fall and split my head open on a legpress machine I am going to Kick someones ass after I get stitches for leaving a 45lb dumbell in the middle of the walking path

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead007
    When I am faced with this, I loudly state: Looks like the Dumbbell Ferry came over here and took a big sh*t."

I'm guilty of leaving one plate on the bench and squat racks. Thats it. I put everything else away in order. That seems to be the norm in my part of the world.
    hahaha yep. Your part of the world is my part of the world

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i just yell out, we have ****ing morons in this gym.
    no ****wit puts their weights away.
    sometimes i will see a person finish with a dumbell and leave it laying around, i will tell him to go put it back on rack, since he knows how to get it.

Thread Information