Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: economic car

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy_z28
    Whats with everybody liking the IMPORTS !?!? The price to pay for any part is ten times as much as a domestic, as is the insurance, A nice Camaro, or mustang, Trans Am, etc. I love em. Always treated me well, and I live in CANADA with minus 30 and colder all winter, any import will break here. If your just looking for a deent run around car, a cavalier, or a sunfire , they are a decent car tool. And people think that imports are better built, that is a thing of the past. Ford is now the #1 selling copany in north america.
    finally....someone on my side

Pro_built7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    finally....someone on my side
    I completely agree with you, has anyone here tried to do the most simplistic of tasks such as CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS on an import ? ya good luck you better have one hell of a flexible tool. not to mention how much more foreign parts cost compared to american and how long it takes to get those overpriced parts. Bryan, idk how you've had so many problems with american autos, I've had 2 f-150's with 225,000 miles + on them with replacing the water pump:60$ alternator:100$ and regular oil and trans fluid changes... now im driving a camaro with 148,000 5 speed stick.. yet to have a problem. seems odd.

ONLY MILK AND JUICE COME IN 2 LITERS. 5.7 v8.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_built7
    I completely agree with you, has anyone here tried to do the most simplistic of tasks such as CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS on an import ? ya good luck you better have one hell of a flexible tool. not to mention how much more foreign parts cost compared to american and how long it takes to get those overpriced parts. Bryan, idk how you've had so many problems with american autos, I've had 2 f-150's with 225,000 miles + on them with replacing the water pump:60$ alternator:100$ and regular oil and trans fluid changes... now im driving a camaro with 148,000 5 speed stick.. yet to have a problem. seems odd.

ONLY MILK AND JUICE COME IN 2 LITERS. 5.7 v8.
    haha i like that saying......there really is no replacement for displacement......and yea i can't fathom working on an import......i've heard you have to pretty much unbolt the engine to do spark plugs????!!!!! wtf....

[quote=RuhlFreak55]haha i like that saying......there really is no replacement for displacement......and yea i can't fathom working on an import......i've heard you have to pretty much unbolt the engine to do spark plugs????!!!!! wtf.... [/quo

on some you do thats the funny thing.. by the time you pay someone to fix your import if you don't work on it yourself, you might as well buy an american car and put odds n ends here n there, b/c that mechanic bill is gonna RAPE..........

AND people don't realize injection systems on v8's are lightyears ahead of 20 years ago, 5.7 small block 350 camaro with 6 sp trans = 19 city 29 hwy.. slap some mods like big cam exhaust and intake then you'll get 17, 25 with 350 horse of american muscle.
    the new chevy 1500's also 5.7 v8 are around 23 mpg as an average. with 300 hp.

carguy_z28 is offline Banned
    AND people don't realize injection systems on v8's are lightyears ahead of 20 years ago, 5.7 small block 350 camaro with 6 sp trans = 19 city 29 hwy.. slap some mods like big cam exhaust and intake then you'll get 17, 25 with 350 horse of american muscle.
    the new chevy 1500's also 5.7 v8 are around 23 mpg as an average. with 300 hp.
    Chev stoped making the 5.7 350 a few years ago, now in the trucks, they have a 4.8 295 hp 290 lbs tq, a 5.3 315 hp 345lbs tq and a 6.0 362 hp 400lbs tq v8. All with over 23-27 mpg highway. ( displacmen on demand. )

woops missed that, ya i just figured. good stats for a truck.

hey carguy, what do you got done to ur Z

hey carguy, what do you got done to ur Z
    Hooker headers, 3inch flowmaster exhaust, pollished TPI intake, MAC underdrive pulleys, engines been balanced and blueprinted, hypertech chip, 100hp shot of NOS, and a t56 tranny swap. Foose rims, custom dark forrest matallic green paint.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy_z28
    Hooker headers, 3inch flowmaster exhaust, pollished TPI intake, MAC underdrive pulleys, engines been balanced and blueprinted, hypertech chip, 100hp shot of NOS, and a t56 tranny swap. Foose rims, custom dark forrest matallic green paint.
    gol damn....sweet

Thanks, Ill get a pic, and post it up here if I can find one, Its for sale so its on auto trader .ca right now. always nice when someone appreciats hard work.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\My Received Files\overlay.gif[/IMG] Shit, its now workin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails economic car-overlay.gif  

C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\my car.jpg
    small pic, but theres my baby.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails economic car-my-car.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information