Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    I really like sure things, which the lotto is not, and which I have found being in 'business' is not either. The market can always go south, you can always get put under by the next innovation, or someone doing it better, and your ass out... But since we're taking a minute to live in dream world...

The first thing I would NOT do, is sign the back of the ticket. Why would you want anyone to know you won the money, that would definately make people look at you differently like a chump. Instead, you set up a trust fund and then the trust fund endorses your lotto ticket. So on the site of winners it reads "ABC Trust Fund" instead of Joe Schmoe. This keeps you from having 100 new family members pop up out of the blue, plus the 200 or so people that barely knew you in high school calling you up like they were your soul mate.

Next, you need a cover story or some type of shell company to justify your newly found wealth...So before you start splurging and getting nuts, you set up a website, get a tax ID number, make your shit look real legit so if anyone asks how you make your money you can give them your website address and it looks like your doing some serious business. Or you could just say you inherited it, however I prefer not to hear the loads of shit that comes out of jealous ****s mouths like 'you didnt work for it' or 'you were just lucky,' which is probably true but who wants to hear it?

After that, Im sure everyone knows at least ONE good trustworthy CPA that they could hire to manage their money, I know I do... I'd employ the help of my CPA and then start finding places to put the money. For all of you who dont know, the FDIC (its a little plaque on the front of the tellers window) only insures accounts up to $100,000. I'm really not into finance, but I'm guessing the best way would be to diversify your investments in really stable markets. I'm not aware of any bank where you can deposit 100million into an interest bearing account and have it be insured, simply because I dont have this much money so I have no need to know this. Provided there was one, thats where my money would go. Emigrant Direct is a great bank I believe giving 4.25% interest.

Take care of the family...I'd purchase 30-50 acres of buildable land, probably cost about $3million. I'd build my family houses on it, one for each of my moms siblings and all of my cousins. I'd then set aside a specific amount of money into an interest bearing account to pay the property tax's(because god knows there insane in NJ)...

Next, myself....Houses, cars, etc... Who knows how much I'd spend but with 100million who the **** cares....To be honest once I had taken care of the family and established myself...I would most likely just goto college continously because I'm facinated by so many different disciplines...

Really with 100million your set, you would need to find things to occupy your time, and of course make sure you have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life...But honestly an education is always a sure thing...

Anyway, to whoever said why would you need more money? Well I guess you havent seen the Vh1 special...One guy spent 150million on his ****ing YACHT ALONE... You can find plenty of things to spend 100million on, you could even find plenty of things to spend 1billion on...

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    $90 Million - Bribe the president to allow me to sell AAS without any government interference.

$9 Million - Build AAS factory and make money selling to the world!

$1 Million - The first 50 people to PM me get to go with me on an all expense paid trip to amsterdam where we will party like rockstars for a month. Prostitution expenses included but limited to seven whores per person per day.

It's a tough call, but I'd definitely take care of family and a few VERY close friends, start up a charity, travel the world, buy a modest house with a nice view, and turn whatever dream of starting up a business into reality.

I'm still going to do it either way.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JC.1987
    id throw a $100 million dollar crack party
    amen

I think it all varies with age and I believe that from 21-maybeee 40 are your golden young years after that as all of our parents start telling us you wake up with a new ache every minute. With that in mind im 19 and this is how I would spend it.

1,000,000 - Take my ENTIRE family and about 5-10 of my closest best friends that I have grown up with an go on vacation for a few weeks. Worry free and actual enjoy life. I figure it would be 50 people total at about 5 thousand a person a week.

10,000,000 - I know this sounds very fictacious and Im going to hear how you will find out your true friends blah blah....but I have grown up with my best friends since we were 6 years old and we are still best of friends. I would buy a huge house for all of us to live in and set up a business for them to run. I have no idea what it would be...but I wouldnt start this up until we all graduate from college.

10-15 - I wouldnt give any lump cash to my family, but instead I would set them up with accounts of money for their kids. My parents would never have to worry about a cent and of course ifthey needed more they can come to me

1 million - Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, Porche Cayenne Turbo and the new Aston Martin 4 door (forget the name). A brand new wardrobe, watches and whatever else.

? - Hire personal trainers...perfect cycle...lipo suction and whatever to achieve after how long it takes to finally be comfortable in my own body,

With the rest I would figure out something how to make more money until then I am going to party in my golden years.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    id buy every decent member on AR a porche, then wed go to vegas and blow like a mill!

then id buy a good nightclub in NYC and LA. and id invest the rest in chicken!!!! and dbol

hurray!

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Here would be my first initial purchase of vehicles

That's be a start. For my Boston home at least.
    Maserati- Daily driver
    Rover- Winter
    F430- Weekend
    Ashton - Date car
    BMW - Alternative Date car

Then for the 2nd set of cars i'd get

And that'd hold me over for a while =)

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    yea buddy.....but you guys both forgot my three favorites......the Saleen S7, The Bugatti Veyran, and a Lambor***ni Murcielago

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    yea buddy.....but you guys both forgot my three favorites......the Saleen S7, The Bugatti Veyran, and a Lambor***ni Murcielago
    I tried to link to the lambo but you noticed its censored

bwhaha and my $3.5 million Orlando home

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    ok not true.......you can never have enough money.......and what else are you gonna do with it anyway? might as well use it to make more money while it's sittin around......leave it to your family for years to come.....or figure out the secret of immortality eh?
    You must be kidding. You can have enough money. Many people have too much. If you can comfortably provide for yourself and your family, everything else you have is a waste and a burden on the rest of society. People get pissed off about the direction this world is headed in, and they're the ones that are causing it with their greed. I donate 35% of my annual salary to charity. If everyone did the same, the world would be a much more peaceful, enlightened, educated place.

Personally, i'd take the money and set up my own charity to improve the quality of inner city education, or maybe even set up an attainable, high quality private school.
    Last edited by Dude-Man; 03-08-2007 at 10:59 AM.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    What charities would you guys donate too?

Id like to work with cancer/breast cancer and Disabled Vets and Make a Wish would really be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    You must be kidding. You can have enough money. Many people have too much. If you can comfortably provide for yourself and your family, everything else you have is a waste and a burden on the rest of society. People get pissed off about the direction this world is headed in, and they're the ones that are causing it with their greed. I donate 35% of my annual salary to charity. If everyone did the same, the world would be a much more peaceful, enlightened, educated place.

Personally, i'd take the money and set up my own charity to improve the quality of inner city education, or maybe even set up an attainable, high quality private school.
    you have to be kidding......the only time i would give a cent to ANYONE is after i'm over a billion in assets and worth.....that's just retarded to give away your hard earned money to someone who's too lazy to go get it themself. You know what would make society better is to eliminate welfare and giving money away as to eliminate the laziness in society and make people accountable

you have to be kidding......the only time i would give a cent to ANYONE is after i'm over a billion in assets and worth.....that's just retarded to give away your hard earned money to someone who's too lazy to go get it themself. You know what would make society better is to eliminate welfare and giving money away as to eliminate the laziness in society and make people accountable
    Why is it retarded to help people? Christianity has taught me that unless you use your life to help others, your life is worthless. Do you even know how welfare works? I can guarantee it's not the way you think. There are limits on how long you can collect, under what circumstances you can collect, etc. You must also be employed and below the poverty level or seeking employment actively to recieve benefits.

here's an article that totally refutes your opinion. Over 100 studies have been done that prove that wellfare does not "support laziness".
    http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-welfareincentive.htm

That's not even the point though. I don't donate to welfare programs. I donate to educational programs. Education is the greatest good in our society, and greed the greatest evil. I just can't imagine living a life where i put all of my effort, energy, and resources into myself. I just think it's a waste.

well that explains your opinion right now......you listened to something christianity taught you....think for yourself don't believe what they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    What charities would you guys donate too?

Id like to work with cancer/breast cancer and Disabled Vets and Make a Wish would really be cool.
    I had cancer. I lost about a foot and a half of my large intestine because of it. If i had more money, i would certainly donate to it. But, my research is in improving diagnosis techniques for cancer, so in a sense I like to think that makes up for the lack of funding i put into it. I find that the best way to donate my money is through education/scholarship programs for underprivaledged youth, to help them to break the poverty cycle.

well that explains your opinion right now......you listened to something christianity taught you....think for yourself don't believe what they tell you
    So how do you justify your greed? Because other people are lazy? That's simply not the case. Other people don't get opportunities because of the situation that they're born into. That doesn't make them any less human, or any less deserving of a fair standard of living.

there is no poverty cycle.....you are what you make of yourself....not to mention you choose what life you're going to be born into way before you ever take human form anyway

So how do you justify your greed? Because other people are lazy? That's simply not the case. Other people don't get opportunities because of the situation that they're born into. That doesn't make them any less human, or any less deserving of a fair standard of living.
    greed? well i don't care what you call it but i want what i want and in my life i'll always and forever come first.....if you don't put yourself first in your life who else is going to????

there is no poverty cycle.....you are what you make of yourself....not to mention you choose what life you're going to be born into way before you ever take human form anyway
    That's a very ignorant statement. The poverty cycle is well researched and documented. You can only take yourself as far as the circumstances that surround you allow. Example, if you were born with down's syndrome, you probably won't end up as a CEO. Being born into poverty is little different.

I think that it's very naive and short sighted to only think of one's self. It will lead to a very dark future. Maybe one where you, your children, or someone you love is gunned down in an alley by some homeless man who never got a proper education because he was working to feed his brothers and sisters instead of going to school. But the "that'll never happen" mindset i'm sure prevails here. Crime and poverty go hand in hand, though.

I hope that i might have enouraged some of you to see that there's more to life than fast cars and leer jets. Like empathy, and integrity. But quite frankly, i don't like to argue with closed minded people, so i'm done with this thread.

chest6 is offline Banned
    lol to the original thread starter

You just copy and pasted what the guy that won 100mil a while back did....basically word for word and you changed a few things...way to think for yourself haha

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Really, whats wrong with the way I'd spend it? 85% of what I win would go directly into invesments. Sounds pretty responsible to me.

Not to mention I'd have some great financial advisers to guide me through it. I think I'd do just fine.
    and if you die in a car accident 5 days later?? whats' the point.. do good.. you can make yourself happy, and make a difference all at the same time,,

set up trust funds and have the income from that go to what interests you.. Helping family by providing for all of their financial needs can be a reall issue..

think of the people that become addictied to drugs, gambling, etc.. it would be your fault to a point..

I see what you want to do, and i would do vey similar things..

but rather than giving them money, i'd put them on payroll.. that way the future is provided for them as well, and a company would own the houses they live in and the cars they drive, thus limiting liability..

granted, you will have advisors to keep you going in the correct direction..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

That's a very ignorant statement. The poverty cycle is well researched and documented. You can only take yourself as far as the circumstances that surround you allow. Example, if you were born with down's syndrome, you probably won't end up as a CEO. Being born into poverty is little different.

I think that it's very naive and short sighted to only think of one's self. It will lead to a very dark future. Maybe one where you, your children, or someone you love is gunned down in an alley by some homeless man who never got a proper education because he was working to feed his brothers and sisters instead of going to school. But the "that'll never happen" mindset i'm sure prevails here. Crime and poverty go hand in hand, though.

I hope that i might have enouraged some of you to see that there's more to life than fast cars and leer jets. Like empathy, and integrity. But quite frankly, i don't like to argue with closed minded people, so i'm done with this thread.

My life is my domain....i don't tell anyone else how to live theirs and as such i expect no one will be so assinine as to try and tell me that i'm not living my life like i should........you make your own reality no one else does.....you can't blame it on your circumstances you make yourself what you are no one else.....period

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    I would date my dream girl sophia Bush... lol...

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt really need that much money, so would have alot to think about concerning the rest.

in no particular order, this is what i immediately think of doing with a large amount of money:

* pay my way into getting a US greencard/visa
    * buy a house on the florida coast, miami or tampa, preferably
    * buy any car i want, i am loaded, afterall
    * spend acouple of thousand on GH cycles for me and my training partner
    * ask around my family and close friends for any debts they wouldnt be offended by me paying off for them

that is initially what id do with my cash, then id get to thinking of things to do with the rest, that would leave me a little legacy on the side, and help the world in general.

the money would enable me to live my dreams, thats all i want lol

Timmi, can't you move into the US just by a Visa?

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Timmi, can't you move into the US just by a Visa?
    well there is that, but as i now have a blip on my criminal record, and have no necessary work credentials (doctor, plumber, builder etc) it will likely be very, very difficult

that sucks man. you can always find a gold digger!

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    that sucks man. you can always find a gold digger!
    lol, un less this thread became reality for me, then right now i have no gold for digging!

come on you can always pretend! that'll show her whats up

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I guess I would buy a fair ammount of gold, for maby 50 million, just to ensure I will always have money even if there is some kind of financial depression.

Other than that I would buy a house, some nice things like big screen tv, a few good computers. After that I would live life just like I do today. Continue to study ect.

The money would mostly be nice since I would never have to stress about making ends meet again. But I would not go crazy trying to invest and grow the money. I would already have much more than I will ever need.

I would also make sure all my friends debts disapere and put away lots of money that will be aviable to my sisters kids when they turn 18. I guess I would give my sister a few million and my closest friends.
    But considering the way my sister and her husband handles money they would spend it in 3 days and then whine for more for the rest of my life.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    lol, un less this thread became reality for me, then right now i have no gold for digging!
    you should run across the Texas/Mex border...

Its worked for millions of Mexicans..you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    you should run across the Texas/Mex border...

Its worked for millions of Mexicans..you can do it
    And he's white, he'll have no issue if he can hide his accent

chest6 is offline Banned
    yeah lol..u say "mate" and theyre like ahhhhh we caught u

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yeah lol..u say "mate" and theyre like ahhhhh we caught u
    BWAAHAHAHA

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    some of you are arguing about a hypothetical situation...and not even that.....for someone else....go get a day job or give it up

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    This is my price...hahah....Sophia Bush
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is how I would spend 0 million (after taxes)-top.jpg   This is how I would spend 0 million (after taxes)-800x600_sophiabush.jpg  

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather

Anyway, to whoever said why would you need more money? Well I guess you havent seen the Vh1 special...One guy spent 150million on his ****ing YACHT ALONE... You can find plenty of things to spend 100million on, you could even find plenty of things to spend 1billion on...
    Exactly.

I dont think some people here realize how easy you can actually spend that type of money. I also dont think some of you realize how many people have won large amounts of money and ended up with nothing in the end, mostly due to spending huge amounts on BS and not investing anything.

Heck, $10million is EASILY spent on a somewhat modest house. My ex's dad just spent 10mil building on a house on the beach, its obviously a very nice house, but its by no means a mansion. I would want several very nice houses in california alone, not to mention having a few places in vacation spots. My entire life would turn into 1 huge vacation...100mil could easily get spent very fast. Anyone with any miniscule amount of business sense knows that the absolute best thing you can do is to invest most of your money and live off the earnings, all while never touching the principle. My plan would be to not only live off the earnings, but profit (and profit big) at the same time. With that sort of cash to toss around into investments, its not exactly a huge feat. The more money you have, the easier it is to make. Afterall, its no secret that it's the rich that are getting richer.
    Last edited by newbrew; 03-08-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    If I won the current lotto that just passed and was able to pocket $100million after taxes, this is how I would spend it. How would you?

$50 million - Safe, long term, low-risk investments, such as municipal bonds.
    $30 million - More aggressive invesments - oil, gas, real estate
    $5 million - Split between my own house, shop, and lots of vehicles (including a 1964 corvette installed with a 2007 LS7 corvette motor and turn some girl into a tranny)$5-10 million - Learjet I'd use for personal travel, lease it out when not used.
    $100,000 - Trip to somewhere exotic with 20 of my closest friends
    $600,000 - Pay off my mortgage, and both of my parents mortgages
    $200,000 - Give to my grandparents so they didnt have to worry anymore.
    $100,000 - Initial money I'd give to a few selected friends

That about covers it, more or less.
    U like trannys ur gross

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information