Thread: i must be a bum

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member

i must be a bum

a few weeks back, i went to a machine shop to check it out.....asking about being a machinist......i am retired and really dont have to work...but i feel like a bum,not working at my age.....anyway, i am on my way back from fishing...i get a call from a machine shop wanting to teach me to run a plasma cutter...i go check it out and the bast**d hires me...12 an hour to start, 15 after 2 weeks 18 after i learn the machine.....i start filling out the paper work...then i start thinking....no more gym...no more fishing...no more nothing....i quit! guess i must be a bum

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    why not get a part time job in a grocery store or petrol station

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I work a full time job, have a 6 year old daugther and I still have plenty of time to fish and hunt and play softball, and def to hit the gym. You must be a bum.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    majorpecs....thats how i feel for sure.....its something else not to get up and go to work....like this morning...its like what to do...went fishing sundy and yesterday....yard works all done...prob..paint in the dining room after i get back from the gym. wait for the grandson to get off school and play catch, maybe cook supper..... i do have rental property, but it really runs itself....its something when you lose your identity and i feel have no self worth.....i might need a shrink!!

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    When you said you were going to take up a job as a machinist, I had to mental image of you as a shrunked down, rail thin, Christian Bale in that same titled movie.

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    hahah ... why work dude?...

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214
    majorpecs....thats how i feel for sure.....its something else not to get up and go to work....like this morning...its like what to do...went fishing sundy and yesterday....yard works all done...prob..paint in the dining room after i get back from the gym. wait for the grandson to get off school and play catch, maybe cook supper..... i do have rental property, but it really runs itself....its something when you lose your identity and i feel have no self worth.....i might need a shrink!!
    arent you prior service? and didnt you work as a firefighter? If your retired thats your job!!! You deserve it. You obviously dont sit around all day but you shouldnt feel bad.

I think you need another hobby, Your life and family is what gives you self worth not some bs 9-5. ENJOY!!!!

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    if you dont need the money why not go to the local sally army and do some volunteer stuff

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I just had 4 days off from work..
    and u know what, Its better than working..
    LOL

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    I just took a vacation of 4 days , without going to school...and the reason "my mom got sick, she was in the hospital"...god protect her to that not to be true..haha...

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    NICE!!!
    Yah i said i was sick.. cough cough...

LMAO
    these have been the 4 laziest days of my life... weeeeeeeee!

stuball is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    arent you prior service? and didnt you work as a firefighter? If your retired thats your job!!! You deserve it. You obviously dont sit around all day but you shouldnt feel bad.

I think you need another hobby, Your life and family is what gives you self worth not some bs 9-5. ENJOY!!!!
    Totaly agree..

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Totaly agree..
    me too. surely there are other things you can undertake to make you feel more involved lol.

Thread Information