Big Drez is offline Banned

Sons of Bitches...

Moment of Truth for my Detroit Pistons....Friday AT PHX Suns and then Sunday hosting Dallas Mavericks at the Palace....sons of bitches...although the Pistons SMASHED Dallas earlier in the Season the Mavs are playing GREAT ball right now....either match up COULD be a preview of the NBA finals this year....
    Last edited by Big Drez; 03-15-2007 at 08:48 PM.

NBA Finals predictions anyone? This should probably be in the Sports forum...but hell...that place is DEAD...

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    The team that wins the title will have the most momentum and the healthiest roster going into the playoffs. Add on top of that more calls that go their way than not.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    The team that wins the title will have the most momentum and the healthiest roster going into the playoffs. Add on top of that more calls that go their way than not.

not exactly...pistons last year...best overall record...4 people to the all star game....and got hammered...Miami didn't have a damn thing going into the play offs basically and SHOULD have lost before they even played Detroit...when Detroit won in 04' and damn near swept the Lakers the Lakers had the momentum alllll the way through the play offs...you can never tell..

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Drez
    not exactly...pistons last year...best overall record...4 people to the all star game....and got hammered...Miami didn't have a damn thing going into the play offs basically and SHOULD have lost before they even played Detroit...when Detroit won in 04' and damn near swept the Lakers the Lakers had the momentum alllll the way through the play offs...you can never tell..

The best record and momentum are two different things. Miami received lots of favorable calls in the playoffs and it worked out to their advantage (refer to their free throw totals).

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    The best record and momentum are two different things. Miami received lots of favorable calls in the playoffs and it worked out to their advantage (refer to their free throw totals).
    I almost had like 100 heart attacks at last years finals.

The officiating was a f-ing joke.

Sure-the mavs cooled off game 3 and on..but they made Wade look like Jordanx2 with the calls he got

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Raptors baby!!!

Exec of the Year Brian Colangolo

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    It all boils down to the Finals. 2 is not a winner and 3 nobody remembers

105-84 or somethin' like that PISTONS OVER PHX...wooooo.....lmao...now if they can get by Dallas on Sunday in Detroit that'd be sweet...

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    The west will reign supreme. Spurs (my hometeam)..Mavs...or Suns...Whoever wins the west will win it all!!!

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I almost had like 100 heart attacks at last years finals.

The officiating was a f-ing joke.

Sure-the mavs cooled off game 3 and on..but they made Wade look like Jordanx2 with the calls he got
    the mavs were hosed somethin terrible in the finals last year and i was getting so freakin pissed that i wanted to turn off the tv and say screw it. i agree with you that the league is trying to make wade the superstar of the nba but i'm sorry guys but wade doesn't make a pimple on jordans ass and you older guys will agree with that because he simply was an unbelievable play and leader on the floor.

yes...but you can bet your bottom dollar that if the Pistons make it to the finals, they'll get NO special treatment because they got robbed on a call or two against the Heat...plus they don't have any "superstars"...just a bunch of guys nobody wanted really...except Webber...he was the man...and Prince is definitely a future all -star....but if my Pistons don't win....I just don't want San Antonio or Utah to win...other then that I don't care...

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    As much as I hate to say it, the Mavs look like they are the most polished team. They have the talent, the have the skilled players, and they can actually play defense now....something the Suns can't do. The Pistons are making a great run down the stretch but I think they will fizzle during the middle of playoffs. Theres only so much momentum that can be ridden.

Watch out for the wild card Lakers. With Odom and Walton coming back, they have a good chance of repeating what they did last year in the playoffs, except maybe they won't choke this time around.

I think with Chris Webber in the mix and playing the best he is played in YEARS as well as the quest for redemption will drive the Pistons to the finals...they are the Kings of the East again this year...we'll just see what happens if they make it that far...I'm curious to see what happens tomorrow on ABC when Detroit hosts Dallas...

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    Raptors baby!!!

Exec of the Year Brian Colangolo
    Damn straight! Don't forget MVP Chris Bosh, Rookie of the Year Andrea Bargnani, and Coach of the Year Sam Mitchell! SALAMI AND CHEESE!

Thread Information