guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

Naturally strong people ........

Man, I got my ass HANDED to me today in a little arm wrestling competition we had at my work today, it ****in sucks. The guy was pretty big and really strong. We were bullshittin after and he says "I don't really even lift or anything" and I was like WTF!? The guy is just some "normal" dude, he works for some raod construction place and just has great genetics apparently. I couldn't beleive that someone who doesn't even lift and more than likely has an average diet, could be so damn strong and in shape. It was the most shocking example of soemone like that I have ever saw. To top it off, the guy was drinkin all morning .

Anyway, it just made me feel like shit that I work my ass off and people like him have it easy and don't even take full advantage of their potential and are still "better" than me.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I hate arm wrestling. I'll never do it. Last time I did it I had some girl horizontal on a wall..pushing off the wall with her legs and pushing up with her 2 arms against my one arm..and it WRECKED my elbow. I held it there for a good 10-12 seconds...

No more. Hurts my elbow too much :9

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Man, I got my ass HANDED to me today in a little arm wrestling competition we had at my work today, it ****in sucks. The guy was pretty big and really strong. We were bullshittin after and he says "I don't really even lift or anything" and I was like WTF!? The guy is just some "normal" dude, he works for some raod construction place and just has great genetics apparently. I couldn't beleive that someone who doesn't even lift and more than likely has an average diet, could be so damn strong and in shape. It was the most shocking example of soemone like that I have ever saw. To top it off, the guy was drinkin all morning .

Anyway, it just made me feel like shit that I work my ass off and people like him have it easy and don't even take full advantage of their potential and are still "better" than me.

It's all in the wrist...and forearm

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Arm wrestling is definently a different sport all together, a different type of stength. Plus, if the dude busts ass all doing construction, he is prolly in good shape. If you ever watch it on ESPN2, the guys are all forearms and shouders, very little bicep strength in terms of curling exercises.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yep. Just because he beat you in arm wrestling doesnt mean shit. I've had ppl beat me before that aren't even big.

Its not necessarily who is the strongest in the weightroom as you saw..

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    At the Arnold this year, they had a few I guess "champion arm wrestlers" who you could arm wrestle for like $5. These guys didn't look amazing or anthing (decend build) and were ruining dudes twice as big as them. It is puzzling.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Arm wrestling is more skill based and many factors such as length of the arm, wrist strength play into it.

There was an average dude who called me out to arm wrestle him in front of a crowd once, I told him lets wrestle instead and he was down and in a choke hold gasping for air in 2 seconds

He had a rep for beating guys bigger than me in arm wrestling, I wasn't taking the sucker bait.
    Last edited by Benches505; 03-17-2007 at 06:42 PM.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Naturally strong people with freakish strength usually dont have a great physique, they are just big. We have a guy in the gym who is basically shaped like a square, his height and width is the same exactly, he has a huge gut and really doesnt look like a bodybuilder at all.

However when this guy lifts weight, i swear the equipment made in the gym is not even designed to withstand the amount of weight this guy can lift!! When he does bench he fills the bar with the largest plates untill the very end, the bar is bending when he is pushing it! But he does a full set no problem, the guy isnt even breathign heavy! I know he can do more if the bar can take more but it cant!! The guy is a freak!

All the guys who are in it for the body are ashamed to lift next to him, because they cant even do one fifth of what he does. His only weakness is legs, i never saw him do legs ever, i'm not saying his legs are weak, but he probably has a problem doing squats and leg press with the size of his gut, he probably cant bend his knees more than 30degrees cause he wont get past the stomach it will push on his knees.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I'm naturally weak

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    I'm naturally weak

HAHA! me too!

It's all technique, arm leverage, tendon strength. I wouldn't praise the guy for being decent at arm wrestling. Serves no athletism or TRUE power.

Well...If I ever have a flat tire I could give him a call and have him jack up my car , or maybe clean this stain on my carpet, that stain won't come out!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    HAHA! me too!

It's all technique, arm leverage, tendon strength. I wouldn't praise the guy for being decent at arm wrestling. Serves no athletism or TRUE power.

Well...If I ever have a flat tire I could give him a call and have him jack up my car , or maybe clean this stain on my carpet, that stain won't come out!
    I realized that no matter how hard I try I wont get strong (although I can still lift more than 90% of people at the gym, which is sad), so I decided to go higher reps-lower weights, so I can say to people "Well, you may lift more in a rep, but the total weight I move in a workout is higher than yours in the end." It gives me satisfaction

I realized that no matter how hard I try I wont get strong (although I can still lift more than 90% of people at the gym, which is sad), so I decided to go higher reps-lower weights, so I can say to people "Well, you may lift more in a rep, but the total weight I move in a workout is higher than yours in the end." It gives me satisfaction

HAHA! what a loser.

False hope ......lieing to yourself to make you feel better huh?

Might need to give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    HAHA! what a loser.

False hope ......lieing to yourself to make you feel better huh?

Might need to give that a try.
    I wouldn't have it any other way

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I played baseball with a kid that came straight off the farm his freshman year in college, never lifted a wieght in his life and was like 210-215 and sub 7% body fat. The first time he really ever started benching he was maxing at like over 300 lbs on our first testing day after our two week starter sessions. Makes a person sick just thinking about how good he had it. If you didnt know better you would have thought he had several cycles under his belt.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    yea thsi guy was in a wife beater and he was pretty solid actually.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Look at the size of his wrists. A person with big wrists supposedly has an advantage. I dont really know anything about it but some dude at a bar wrestled my friend who was much bigger, and beat his ass easily. He was some sort of arm wrestling hustler, and he told us he knew he would beat my friend because he had small wrists.....

Blog Entries
    Arm wrestling is all about the strength of the muscles that cause your arm to internally rotate

numbat is offline Member
    Ditto...One of my freinds dad was a scrawny little crackhead dude prolly 6ft 140 and he had a entire room full of arm wrestling trophies..He could juggle glowing beer bottles that jst came outta the fire and do all sorts of things that took hella hand eye coordination..I thinks it all technique to a point..

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    ROFL!!
    MY 165lbs friend beat me arm wrestling....killed him in ground fighting though

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    arm wrestling is one hell of an injury waiting to happen....last time i arm wrestled i fvcked up a nerve in my arm REALLY bad could lift upper body for prolly close to a month my right arm was numb and just couldnt do anything with it it was horrible. i havent armwrestled since and wont do it again! not worth it.....i dont need to flex my ego but on a side note i saw my gf beat a guy one time bout 140lbs normal guy that wanted to armwrestle me so i told him i'd let my gf take care of my light work AHAH and she beat him.......i bet he felt like a dousche after that hahahahahaha

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    im pretty strong for my size and i suck at arm wrestling. the bigger guys dont always win tho because its all about technique

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    Arm wrestling is all about the strength of the muscles that cause your arm to internally rotate
    Nope, not even close.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    im pretty strong for my size and i suck at arm wrestling. the bigger guys dont always win tho because its all about technique
    yep, when some little punk asks me to arm wrestle, I decline, then offer to wrestle though. they usually wont go for that, and when they do I like to get them down and spank them in front of everyone. All the chicks want to have sex with me then and the dude looks like a lil bi##h. Makes me feel like a man!!!! hahahahaha

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I'm by NO means a strong guy. I'm 5'7, 170lbs and 8-10BF% currently. I can only bench about 235lbs and I can only squat 2 plates about 4 times. However, I can do 25 dips with a 60lbs dumbell between my legs and can do 20 extra wide grip pull ups with no problems. I also have a 38" vertical jump. Weird, huh?

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    I'm by NO means a strong guy. I'm 5'7, 170lbs and 8-10BF% currently. I can only bench about 235lbs and I can only squat 2 plates about 4 times. However, I can do 25 dips with a 60lbs dumbell between my legs and can do 20 extra wide grip pull ups with no problems. I also have a 38" vertical jump. Weird, huh?
    yea i have some stupid strong points like that as well....i can do like 3 plated dips for 10 but yet my lower chest is horrible....and yet im going incredibly deep...? my wide grip is also good but my back is a strong point so thatmakes more sense.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    In my opinion, true strength is not just having the ability to bench press or squat the weight of an automobile. True strength is having the ability to support your own body weight during unusual circumstances. I think there should be two categories of strength: 1) Overall strength 2) Usable strength.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I cant arm wrestle my friends worth the shit but i can out lift them any day

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    I suck in arm wrestling..

arm wrestling sucks,there is nothing like a good old fashion brawl to prove yourself

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    it is all technique, i have been strong for a long time and i have alwyas been and still am a terrible arm wrestler.it isnt a true test of your strength

This is why I don't arm wrestle or wrestle.

http://www.yikers.com/video_sick_arm...ing_match.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TodtIykmyAs

I like the audience's reaction to this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx2mA1Tw3Og

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY
    Nope, not even close.
    Hmmm, it seems that the wrist internally rotates the arm?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    im never going to arm wrestle or wrestle ever again, even though that last one looks fake he just bends his wrist back,unless something snapped in there

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Try wearing that baseball cap like stallone does in that movie over the top, when you turn the cap backwards it really makes you a better armwrestler.

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member

wow....thats some F-ed up sh*t

I guess they didn't drink their MILK

Brazil is offline Member
    alot of the brazilian guys are ripped down here. Six packs and lats. most just surf and work. (I live in a town with 83 beaches)

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I've always been fairly good at arm wrestling for my height/wiehgt. Dont do it anymore though. Last time I did I arm wrestled some guy about 17st of fat. He won, then I won. I serioudly hurt my arm though. Couldnt lift for 3-4 weeks. I sill feel it now when I do some shoulder exercises.

I agree though, its all about technique.

Thread Information