Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    glad i live in WV, we got some pretty laid back gun laws here. here's my firearm arsonal at the present time, not sure exactly what my next purchase is going to be, like to get the M107 semi-auto .50cal sniper rifle but i'm running low on money at the present time.

Armalite AR-10A4, 1,400$ with 1,100$ Leopold Mark 4, 4.5-14x50 LR/T - my pride and joy right now but has several upgrades that need done

Springfield Armory XD .45ACP with 13rd mag, 525$ with 99$ Tac-light - what i carry with me just about everywhere

Chinese SKS with 30rd mag and bayonet, 150$ - quality, reliable, accurate weapon

semi-auto Tec-9 with 38rd mag, 350$ - piece of shit but still fun to shoot sometimes
    my old best friend used to have an XP... nice gun...very good price too.

BTW i haven't met anyone who had an sks other than me in any place other than sks boards.

I have a chinese and Yugoslavian sks

Snrf is offline Banned
    i used to have a chinese sks, and a CETME...my Cetme was badass...i also built my own sten submachine gun, u can buy the deactivated kits off gunbroker and then build your own reciever. I had a S&W .38 and a mossberg 500A I sawed off...no pictures though...and now I live in England where I can't legally own anything

oh actualy i got a badass air rifle....

nate4796 is offline Junior Member
    Havent tried yet but supposed to be cake to get one here in PA. Lookin for either a glock 23 or maybe go big with the tiger stripe desert eagle

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member
    I have my CCW.

My advise is if your state offers it, GO AND GET IT. Take advantages of your 2nd admin.

I have a Bushmaster A3 with ALL the bells and whistles; a XD-40 that I do competitions with. Also have a Micro Compact .45 that I carry in the car.

I can't wait to sell my .45 cause the S&W .357 hammerless titanium airlight is way easier to carry on me.

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    when you apply for it just make sure you dont say its for protection or self defense you will most likely be denied

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member
    Here is all you want to know about Handguns and CCW issues

http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=5

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    glad i live in WV, we got some pretty laid back gun laws here. here's my firearm arsonal at the present time, not sure exactly what my next purchase is going to be, like to get the M107 semi-auto .50cal sniper rifle but i'm running low on money at the present time.

Armalite AR-10A4, 1,400$ with 1,100$ Leopold Mark 4, 4.5-14x50 LR/T - my pride and joy right now but has several upgrades that need done

Springfield Armory XD .45ACP with 13rd mag, 525$ with 99$ Tac-light - what i carry with me just about everywhere

Chinese SKS with 30rd mag and bayonet, 150$ - quality, reliable, accurate weapon

semi-auto Tec-9 with 38rd mag, 350$ - piece of shit but still fun to shoot sometimes

Did you take your sks to a gunsmith so it's able to hold magazines or did you do it yourself?

Does it jam/have any problems now that it's not fed from up top?

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nate4796
    Havent tried yet but supposed to be cake to get one here in PA. Lookin for either a glock 23 or maybe go big with the tiger stripe desert eagle
    u wanna get a ccw to carry a desert eagle? are u kidding me that thing is enormous! and totally not neccesary lol......when i get mine i'll carry a 2" 357 magnum revolver if you cant get it done with that then i dunno what to tell u

I wish my county would permit CCW's, but only about 20 people in the whole county have them. Either way, I'm still going to pick up a Sig P228 for the house.

Quote Originally Posted by notanormalgent
    I wish my county would permit CCW's, but only about 20 people in the whole county have them. Either way, I'm still going to pick up a Sig P228 for the house.

I shot it and really didn't like it.
    Shitty accuracy, but I think the sights were off.....so yeah...lol

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Im taking my concealed weapons class in a month, so I can carry, basically just so I don't have to unload and separate the ammo from the gun when Im done shooting targets and stuff. How many guys in here have concealed weapons permits? And how many of you actually carry on a regular basis? Also what kinda guns you running around with?

I am a concealed weapons instructor

my main carry arm is a KIMBER custom TLE 2......its a 45 with hollow point hydroshock ammo...

my secondary firem arm is a beretta that I carry in a ankle hulster....its a 25 with FMJ ammo...

nothing in this planet is as reliable as the model 1911 .......it is the only gun that I will rely on to protect my own life or some one elses.......

lol back up weapons are great if shit goes down the wrong way ...hehe....berettas are my 2nd fav...heheehee

hehe good thing about florida is that u don't have to give a reason why to get the permit.....hehe....all u need to be is a permanent resident and a semi clean record.....hahahaha

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedevo8
    I am a concealed weapons instructor

my main carry arm is a KIMBER custom TLE 2......its a 45 with hollow point hydroshock ammo...

my secondary firem arm is a beretta that I carry in a ankle hulster....its a 25 with FMJ ammo...

nothing in this planet is as reliable as the model 1911 .......it is the only gun that I will rely on to protect my own life or some one elses.......

lol back up weapons are great if shit goes down the wrong way ...hehe....berettas are my 2nd fav...heheehee

*Goodcents stays out of that one *

*cough, glock*

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    *Goodcents stays out of that one *

*cough, glock*

Pffff, aka, the dangerous plastic brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Pffff, aka, the dangerous plastic brick.

*cough, whatever *

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Did you take your sks to a gunsmith so it's able to hold magazines or did you do it yourself?

Does it jam/have any problems now that it's not fed from up top?
    mine never fed from the top, it came with a 9rd mag that was irritating as hell until i figured out how to take it out. there is a little thing right behind the trigger that you tap and the trigger assembly comes out and then you can remove the 9rd mag and put the 30rd mag in.

i love this weapon because it is simple as hell, i've fired it quite a bit and never had any problems whatsoever with it.

I know you just didn't bring up the plastic cock........omg here we go with the platic wonder from the barbie factory...lol....hahaha omg

why on earth would you spend 500 on a gun that's frame costs around 32 dollars to fabricate.....just plain old rip off......

why on earth would you spend 500 on a gun that's frame costs around 32 dollars to fabricate.....just plain old rip off......

Doesn't even cost that much My glock 23 cost $525 plus tax and worth every penny and then some so lets agree to disagree

You can pick on a man's woman but don't pick on his gun or his dog

1911 has been around for just about 100 yrs and is still running strong in todays special forces and also in a lot of SWAT teams nations wide....and one of the most popular guns in shooting competion , it even has a class of its own......so please don't ever compare barbries miracle toy to the all might 1911.....

oh and don't 4 get how many wars the 1911 has been to in the hands of US troops......

yeah the glock (cock) which by the way has to be dry fired to be disasembled and with its safety mechanism built into its trigger is something I'd like to carry on me.....yeah ok ( sarcastic remark) lol......

by the way a lot of lawenforcement agencies use glock because of how stupidly cheap they can get bulk quantities .....

glock ......BAHUMBUG! lmao

Doesn't even cost that much My glock 23 cost $525 plus tax and worth every penny and then some so lets agree to disagree
    yeah well you might have paid 525.....but do you actually think it was worth paying 32 for the frame and 493 for a slide??

come on man think
    Last edited by boostedevo8; 04-10-2007 at 11:01 AM.

yeah I L-U-2

hahahah I can't put smileys from my phone so I am screwed.....hahaha

I cant help it anymore, There is about $2 worth of metal in a 1911 so what's the point? I use to love the 1911 till I got sick of messing with them while I got raped on the sticker price for something that can't take none of the knocks that the glock can. Glocks sell because they work, I have books that show them shot out of cannons, etc. and know from my own experience that they work alot better than your average 1911. *this sounds just like those old guys on the gun sites that want to fight over something this *So in ending, if you like them then stick with them but I will trust my life any day with my glock I carry it every where

2 dollars? wtf are u smoking.....

for 499 you can get a 1911 with front and rear checker strap. trijicon night sightes....extended safetly lever.....hollowed race hammer.....drilled out aluminum race trigger.....3lbs trigger pull.....flared out ejection port....a extended beaver tail.....5 inch barrel (throated)......sorry bu you obviously don't know much about 1911`s.......you can get a competion from the factory for 499.......try and beat that deal with a glock.......

that gun has the mods of a gun worth in the 1,200 to 1,800 range......sorry man but theres no way a glock can physicaly out perform the 1911 or economicaly....

for 499 you can get a 1911 with front and rear checker strap. trijicon night sightes....extended safetly lever.....hollowed race hammer.....drilled out aluminum race trigger.....3lbs trigger pull.....flared out ejection port....a extended beaver tail.....5 inch barrel (throated)......sorry bu you obviously don't know much about 1911`s.......you can get a competion from the factory for 499.......try and beat that deal with a glock.......

that gun has the mods of a gun worth in the 1,200 to 1,800 range......sorry man but theres no way a glock can physicaly out perform the 1911 or economicaly....

1911's ,ahhhh, the inferior fat/slow round.

Yeah, a 1911 weighs about 2 lbs and steel goes for under a dollar a pound btw which model gives you all that for $499? Read the test on what a glock can go through and then the 1911 and you would have to see the way things really are Glocks win hands down

Yeah, a 1911 weighs about 2 lbs and steel goes for under a dollar a pound btw which model gives you all that for $499? Read the test on what a glock can go through and then the 1911 and you would have to see the way things really are Glocks win hands down

1911's are EXPENSIVE as hell. Unless you get the spanish version or some shit.

That's why I'm going with a CZ. The best looking/most comfortable gun I've ever handled........Only problem is it's a 9mm......but holds alot and ammo is cheap....So im not complaining.

damn typo!!!

How about the old 9mm vs .40 vs .45 vs whatever discussion too

9mm +p or +p+ will do anything you would ever want done it's the old chevy vs ford bullshit we all loved growing up!

Kimber makes the best and they go for $750 up and most are $1000 but great guns Colt, yeah, *cough, shlt* and over priced

CZ, I like too, but alot heavier than a glock.

Kimber makes the best and they go for $750 up and most are $1000 but great guns Colt, yeah, *cough, shlt* and over priced

Most kimbers are 1000+
    It's like buying a lexus...which is just an overpriced Toyota.

CZ, I like too, but alot heavier than a glock.

I hated the feel of the glock. Big, plastic and bulky. But I have little hands, and I don't like the look of them..But thats my OWN opinion. PPL can like whatever gun they want as long as there comfortable with it...Grip etc.

By the way...CZ pistols, are used by more Govern-ments, Militaries, Police and Security agencies than any other pistol in the world.

Hellmask, that's a first I've heard about the Sig! They're considered one of the best guns on the market. It must've been the sights. Try shooting another one.

Gent

hey my kimber cost me 620 with all the mods....where the fcuk you guys shopping?

by the way the weight of the gun and balancing helps in eliminating muzzle flip, and minimizing recoil.....

glock (cobolt) 1911 (f-350) yup typical chevy vs. ford.....hahaha

sorry but im happy knowing the my 800-900ft per sec 45 will not penetrate a person and hit a bystandard.......rather then the 9mm where it travels anywhere from 1200-1800ft per sec... that will go through 2 people but not make any where near the impact size of the almighty 45......

oh and by the way 38oz is not that heavy at all

I am the rare exception....

I have a kimber pro carry polymer 4" barrel, 13+1 round capacity
    and a para ordenance nite tac 5" barrel stainless steel finish 14+1 capacity.

I love them dearly, but I also have 3 different glocks (19, 21, 26)
    All 9mm. My 19 has a lasermax laser as well.

I love them both, but for different purposes.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd love to get a glock, but the stupid canadian gun control laws are crap. I can easily get a hunting rifle, but a hand gun to shot at the range takes months to be approved.

I have a nice c02 air rifle, and a crappy bb gun which I use to plink. I'm still waiting for approval for my FAC course so I can get my rifle license.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc8sysT31mQ
    whats the gun at 1min 20sec.
    Last edited by auslifta; 04-11-2007 at 12:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information