Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

Hilarious Gym interactions.

I had one tonight. At my gym, there's a hammer strength shoulder press machine positioned about 20 feet back from the rear wall, which has the dumbell racks lined up against it. This wall, naturally, is lined with mirrors. There was some fat mid 40's guy sitting down on that machine. I walked up to grab my dumbells for incline, and he yelled, from 20 feet away, "Don't walk in front of me boy!!!!! I need to see what i'm doing! It's gym etiquite!"

Last time i checked, i was free to walk wherever the hell i want, as long as i don't get close enough to someone to interfere with their movement. I figured 20 feet was a safe distance. Guess i was wrong.

I did what i always do when people are being irrationally confrontational.. laughed. He stomped off saying that he "might have to get into a fight tonight". I laughed harder. A few people came over and laughed with me. Someone made a comment about roid rage , and i fought the urge to blurt out that it's a myth.

Like honestly, what the hell is with people getting angry at the gym over things like this?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    "Who the fvck are you calling boy ?" ... as you launch the dumbell at him.

That's how it's done.

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    this is a tough one for me not to lose my cool. Where does he get the nerve to call you boy?

I've never had any interaction like these at my gym...

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    I love it when the old guys act like they have seniority in the gym. I always have on my headphones so I don't even have to listen to anyone. The guy I train with does the same thing. We look like idiots communicating with some sort of "gym sign language". But, at least we don't have to listen to anyone. Especially the morons that think they own the gym.

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    DUDE-MAN...dude, you are pretty cool to keep your cool, .,..another reason for us to hate fat people...Who the fvck you calling boy..hahahah nicee said QUITE STORM..lol

Machin3 is offline Associate Member
    Seen a new guy jump on an elevated 2 foot platform and while attempting to deadlift he stepped off of it and had a nasty fall along with the weights.....

johnmacdan is offline Associate Member
    Got in a fight at the gym once. Got up off the bench, hear blah blah and a swing. I didn't know they were engaged until right before the punch.

Seriously, the gym I go to is new and there haven't been 20 people in there at one time yet. I had a hard time getting a spot the other day. There were only women on the treadmills or at the desk. It is nice so I hope it doesn't catch on and get crowded.
    Last edited by johnmacdan; 03-26-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I just don't take idiots seriously. If I don't respect someone, they're not capable of irritating me in the slightest, no matter what they say or do.

After I finished my workout tonight, I went to my locker and my lock was gone. Then I see one of the employees with bolt cutters in one hand and my lock in his other. Apparently some jackass decided to put his stuff in a locker and not use a lock and when he went to shower somebody stole all his stuff. So when I got there I put my stuff in the empty locker that his stuff was in and locked my stuff. This idiot thought that his stuff was in there and somebody just decided to randomly put a lock on his locker so he gets the manager to cut my lock. They told me they would give me a new lock, and the one they gave me is PINK. I was pissed until I realized the guy who had my lock cut has no clothes to wear home

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    when people feel the need to walk directly in front of me....w/ in like breathing room i suddenly lose the grip on the wieghts im pressing. Dropping those from wherevevr i was in my movement usually gets their attention

chest6 is offline Banned
    LOL this thread was like 2 pages WTF

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I had one tonight. At my gym, there's a hammer strength shoulder press machine positioned about 20 feet back from the rear wall, which has the dumbell racks lined up against it. This wall, naturally, is lined with mirrors. There was some fat mid 40's guy sitting down on that machine. I walked up to grab my dumbells for incline, and he yelled, from 20 feet away, "Don't walk in front of me boy!!!!! I need to see what i'm doing! It's gym etiquite!"

Last time i checked, i was free to walk wherever the hell i want, as long as i don't get close enough to someone to interfere with their movement. I figured 20 feet was a safe distance. Guess i was wrong.

I did what i always do when people are being irrationally confrontational.. laughed. He stomped off saying that he "might have to get into a fight tonight". I laughed harder. A few people came over and laughed with me. Someone made a comment about roid rage , and i fought the urge to blurt out that it's a myth.

Like honestly, what the hell is with people getting angry at the gym over things like this?

thats old school...the gym i grew up in...that was one of the 10 commandments. Guys would go insane if you walked in front of them while doing their exercise. although 20' is sort of a grey area.

Now if the a8shole is standing 3" from the dumbel rack doing curls and I need to grab dumbells...i will interupt the d-bags work out so I can get what I need.

Thread Information