magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are back to back

GRINDHOUSE

Directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez present two full-length movies in a new horror double feature.

A la drive-in style (2 for the price of 1) first it's Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" an 'intentionally' over the top zombie flick featuring Rose McGowan that will make you laugh out loud, followed by Tarantino's "Death Proof", because that's what the car driven by Kurt Russell is.

This movie duo is outrageously funny and incredibly sexy with enough suspense to keep you reeling. The intro and between movies retro-trailers are so original and downright hilarious, they're almost worth the price of admission themselves.

If you love action, chicks and humor don't miss the...

GRINDHOUSE
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809264218/trailer

M.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    I wanna hear some opinions on this movie, apperantly it did horrible in sales...i think like 11mil or something...when i saw the previews in the theatre it was very original lookin which was cool..

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    i saw the preview and thought it looked ridiculous

It is ridiculous, from concept through development (dialogue, cinematography, etc) but that's what was intended here. If you can mentally prepare for such over the toppedness, in the vain of a "Dumb and Dumber" then you'll thoroughly enjoy it, if not it simply isn't for you.

And an 11.5M first weekend is nothing to scoff at. Maybe some perspective is needed here, for example last weekend "Meet the Robinsons" took in 16.7M, and "Are We Done Yet?" grossed 14.4M. People nowadays tend to think that if a film isn't a blockbuster it's a bust...not true.

Again this film has a very specific demographic and the box office will necessarily reflect this.

M.

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    I really liked this movie. It was very retro. The previews during the movie were funny as hell. This was a great flick, I cant wait for the dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub
    I really liked this movie. It was very retro. The previews during the movie were funny as hell. This was a great flick, I cant wait for the dvd.
    Thanks for that testimony. It clearly illustrates exactly what I'm stating. If you can appreciate it for what it is, then you'll love this flick. If not, the PC movies are right down the hall.

M.

Thread Information