yngnastyman is offline Associate Member

joining the marines...

i need to know..do they initially test for steroids when u get your physical? or do they only test if a commander requests it?

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    congrats on joining.....no branch of the military tests for steroids unless you are caught with them or they have suspicion you are on them

yes!!! that makes me so happy, now i dont have to wait 18 months!!!

how old are you bro?

OPSTER is offline Associate Member
    The CND forces didn't test me as well.. but I hear they will test if they are suspicious.

im 18 (i dont need a lecture on taking steroids at this age, its my decision)

im quite excited about enlisting! ive always wanted to join since i was little, but my family doesnt want me to join the marines, they want me to go navy. they dont understand that the marines has a "soul" that none of the other branches has.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Best of luck...

Semper Fi.

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Good luck and go make something out of yourself. However, I would recommend laying off the juice and focusing on a few things to get you throught boot camp: running, push-ups and pull ups. Plus, you won't be able to use them once you join, so I would get in shape with out them. Any excess "beach muscles" will just be lost and that will be extra weight to carry around during boot camp.

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    oo-fcuking-rah .......

congrats on making the decision....

hopefully you'll make it and you'll be another brother in the family....

just remember one thing the ONLY thing that well get you through boot camp ,.......

DON'T TAKE IT DAY TO DAY.......TAKE IT CHOW TO CHOW....

trust me you'll understand after the first few weeks.....

you going east or west coast?

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    gl bro

im in california so im guessing that im being sent to san diego.

and i KNOW im GOING to make it. theres no way i would let myself fail at this. the only way id fail is if i had a serious injury or something like that. and i am laying off the juice and am focusing heavily on cardio and endurance muscle training. but i am still working out my legs, i figure if those are nice and strong i can carry heavy gear easier.

i like to see more people on here starting to join the military, i cant wait till i leave.....do you know when you go in

im going to sign up in september or maybe even as soon as july, it ***ends on my physical condition

im so excited to join, but when i tell people that im joining they have snooty remarks like "oh marines? first to die huh?" or they say "are u excited about killing women and children?" no one seems to have any love for their country...they confuse government and country too much. they forgot the saying "love your country, but always be suspicous of your government"

anyways im very excited to have the journey of a lifetime.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i am joing the navy in a year when i finsh college

blah hollywood marines!!!

when you come swim in sand fleas on our island here on the east then you can say you went to a true boot camp....

you aren't a traditonal marine till you have blood spots all over your face and body from the fleas chewing away at your skin while you are "playing" in the "sandbox"....

lol paris island marines know EXACTLY what I'm talking about lol....

california has sand fleas too. and im sure your not implying that west coast marines are inferior? im 100% sure they have the exact same training as east coast

fixed.

Nope No Fleas

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Boot camp is a joke. It doesn't matter where you go, it's a joke. The only advice about the physical part I can give you is to start walking quickly with about 50 lbs on your back for up to 15 miles. That's the hardest part. Well that, and not lau***ng at all the outlandish, off-the-wall crap you are going to here your drill instructors say. Seriously, some of it is fall-down funny.

On a serious note: if you are planning to enlist in a combat MOS, you need to understand that you will probably be going to Iraq. And, you will have a significant chance of being killed or maimed or having close personal friends killed or maimed. All the chest-beating and patriotism in the world can't prepare anyone for that. Only training can.

I know I'm telling you stuff you already know, but this is a war-time military. It isn't the do a few years, see the sights, bang a few Korean whores, get free college military. You'll be in the shit. And there is nothing about it that is glorious, and it is not a rite of manhood. It's ugly and unfortunate that something so terrible has to be going on during our time, but it will be your fight because you signed up for it. Remember that, and good luck.

Thread Information