Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07

Goodbye from Mavsluva

Ladies and gents,

A new chapter in my life is soon approaching which leads me to have to put an end to an existing chapter in my life. For those of you that know me on here, my wife and I have been pursuing child adoption for quite some time now and the day has finally come. As you can imagine, we're both very excited and very nervous at the same time. I truly feel that in order for me to be the very best provider to my family and the very best husband to my wife, I must make a sacrifice in one area of my life. The sacrifice that I have chosen is this message forum.

Rather than thanking or wishing each person well that I've come to really enjoy on this board, I will do so by category:

For those men that are struggling with their life and its purpose:
    Part about being a man is putting your needs before your wants in an attempt to satisfy what really matters at the end of the day. Being a man is not just about filling out an extral large t-shirt or benching 350lbs. Being a man consist of fighting for our desires. We all too often fight for supremacy with other men, and even with the women in our lives as well. Being a man is about being able to look yourself in the mirror at the end of the day and being satisfied with what you bring to the table in accordance to what you believe in.

For those men that are having relationship troubles:
    A woman wants to be fought for and desired in ways that makes her feel beautiful and wanted. On the other hand, a man wants to have something to fight for. We as men cannot allow ourselves to feel as if we've conquered our spouses, because when that happens, our relationships will begin to deteriorate. Money and material possessions cannot replace the true desires of a woman. It's our job as men to make a woman feel special and wanted and it's our job to keep that desire alive. If you're currently struggling in your relationship, then I recommend that you revisit the things that initiated your relationship with your current spouse in an attempt to bring back the magic that once made it amazing. Never stop fighting for her love, because if you do, you will stop loving her.

For those of you that suffer from ***ression:
    ***ression is a result from an internal wound most commonly found in our hearts. When our hearts become wounded, it effects our spirits, our minds, our bodies, our relationships and our souls. The word ***ression means to "***ress" or to "bring down". In order to "come up" from what's brought you down, you must heal your internal wound. Wounds can become scars if you allow yourself to address it appropriately. But if you fail to address your wound(s), your wound can become infected and it can lead to other wounds. Healing a wound often results in forgiveness. Forgiveness is not an illustration of weakness or shame. Forgivness is setting a prisoner free and then realizing that the prisoner was in fact yourself.

For those looking to make a change in your life:
    Change, whether it be forced upon you or desired, is usually a good thing. I like to use the phrase" branching out" rather than the word change. "Branching out" usually stems from progression in our lives and when we progress, we move on to bigger and better things. It's important that you use your past as a tool for the future in ways that will best benefit you and your loved ones.

For those that are wanting to better themselves physically:
    The desire to change physically must begin internally. We all too often look for things outside of ourselves in an attempt to better ourselves. But if you don't have the fire within, then you're losing the battle. Take care and challenge one of the few things that you actually do have control of....and that's your body.

My e-mail address is Edited should you wish to get in touch with me moving forward. I will personally continue the sport of bodybuilding, but it will not dictate my lifestyle moving forward. I wish all of you the best and may each and every one of you experience life to the fullest!

Grace and Peace,
    Mavsluva

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    take it easy bro and good luck with everything

Snrf is offline Banned
    See ya mavs...but surely you can log on occasionally? only takes a minute

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats what they all say.. U'll be back

avcomp5 is offline Junior Member
    Just wondering why u cant log on anymore because of a baby? it only take seconds to log in

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    smart guy, good luck with everything

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    great advice and gl

nalbano34 is offline Member
    Peace bro....wish you the best.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Goodbye Mavs.

I hope you will still have the time to Mod on my board...

Your presence there is always appreciated..

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    WOW....I must say this is a sad day for AR..Mavs is an inspiration to us all in many ways & an asset without a doubt.On a selfish level I will absolutley miss mavs here & his insight, but on a personal level I wish him & wife & new family to be all the best..good luck mavs..although we hope so see you once in a while.. if not-as you say..
    grace & peace brother..

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck with everything bro hope everything works out

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    peace homey

Georgie is offline Member
    Goodbye and good luck. Awesome advice and insights. Very well stated. Thank you for taking the time to write it. Enjoy your new family!

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Mavs ,good luck with everything and thank you...

Keep us in the loop if you can

Prada is offline Anabolic Member

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    RESPECT. good luck. Thanks for leaving us with some kind words. I hope all goes well for you.

UpstateTank is offline Banned

good luck mavs

be sure to check in every once and a while PLEASE

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    best of luck with everything bro, take care of yourself.

bigacct is offline Junior Member
    Great insight and wisdom. He's right, the biggest challenge for most is within us. Not outside of ourselves. Good luck bro.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Good luck. Thank you for all your help in the past.

Good luck to you and your wife with your new family.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    a very class thing to do and a classy way to go out

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    you will be missed here sorely mate..................
    you are the only "sane" member among all the nutjobs here..........
    your kind words and good heart brought this board some sanity,that will be lost now...................
    i echo Narks words............

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I still don't get it? why can't you shoot the shlt every once and awhile?

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Congratulations Mavs !!!

You will make a great father !!!

Not sure which category of yours I fit in above, probably a little of all of them....lolol

Know that you will be missed here, so do what you got to do, but you don't have to be a stranger.....you can check in from time to time and give us updates on your adoption and pictures of the lucky child !!

Take Care my friend, and GOD BLESS !!!!!

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    Congratulations Mavs !!!

You will make a great father !!!

Not sure which category of yours I fit in above, probably a little of all of them....lolol

Know that you will be missed here, so do what you got to do, but you don't have to be a stranger.....you can check in from time to time and give us updates on your adoption and pictures of the lucky child !!

Take Care my friend, and GOD BLESS !!!!!

God is not allowed here (just kidding before someone gets pissed )

numbat is offline Member
    Later Mavs

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    good luck!! I always liked your comments

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Congradulations and good luck, hope life turns out the way you and your wife have dreamt it.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Man, I feel like my mom just died...

lol, your still gonna get PMs from me buddy, so hopefully you check every now and then.

And good luck with your family!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    congradualtions mav, u seem like a real down to earth person and u will be a great father...u have alot to offer..good luck with everything..

1819 is offline Senior Member
    very best of luck, health, and happiness to you and your family.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    our loss is your families gain

good luck mate

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Ladies and gents,

A new chapter in my life is soon approaching which leads me to have to put an end to an existing chapter in my life. For those of you that know me on here, my wife and I have been pursuing child adoption for quite some time now and the day has finally come. As you can imagine, we're both very excited and very nervous at the same time. I truly feel that in order for me to be the very best provider to my family and the very best husband to my wife, I must make a sacrifice in one area of my life. The sacrifice that I have chosen is this message forum.

Rather than thanking or wishing each person well that I've come to really enjoy on this board, I will do so by category:

For those men that are struggling with their life and its purpose:
    Part about being a man is putting your needs before your wants in an attempt to satisfy what really matters at the end of the day. Being a man is not just about filling out an extral large t-shirt or benching 350lbs. Being a man consist of fighting for our desires. We all too often fight for supremacy with other men, and even with the women in our lives as well. Being a man is about being able to look yourself in the mirror at the end of the day and being satisfied with what you bring to the table in accordance to what you believe in.

For those men that are having relationship troubles:
    A woman wants to be fought for and desired in ways that makes her feel beautiful and wanted. On the other hand, a man wants to have something to fight for. We as men cannot allow ourselves to feel as if we've conquered our spouses, because when that happens, our relationships will begin to deteriorate. Money and material possessions cannot replace the true desires of a woman. It's our job as men to make a woman feel special and wanted and it's our job to keep that desire alive. If you're currently struggling in your relationship, then I recommend that you revisit the things that initiated your relationship with your current spouse in an attempt to bring back the magic that once made it amazing. Never stop fighting for her love, because if you do, you will stop loving her.

For those of you that suffer from ***ression:
    ***ression is a result from an internal wound most commonly found in our hearts. When our hearts become wounded, it effects our spirits, our minds, our bodies, our relationships and our souls. The word ***ression means to "***ress" or to "bring down". In order to "come up" from what's brought you down, you must heal your internal wound. Wounds can become scars if you allow yourself to address it appropriately. But if you fail to address your wound(s), your wound can become infected and it can lead to other wounds. Healing a wound often results in forgiveness. Forgiveness is not an illustration of weakness or shame. Forgivness is setting a prisoner free and then realizing that the prisoner was in fact yourself.

For those looking to make a change in your life:
    Change, whether it be forced upon you or desired, is usually a good thing. I like to use the phrase" branching out" rather than the word change. "Branching out" usually stems from progression in our lives and when we progress, we move on to bigger and better things. It's important that you use your past as a tool for the future in ways that will best benefit you and your loved ones.

For those that are wanting to better themselves physically:
    The desire to change physically must begin internally. We all too often look for things outside of ourselves in an attempt to better ourselves. But if you don't have the fire within, then you're losing the battle. Take care and challenge one of the few things that you actually do have control of....and that's your body.

My e-mail address is Edited should you wish to get in touch with me moving forward. I will personally continue the sport of bodybuilding, but it will not dictate my lifestyle moving forward. I wish all of you the best and may each and every one of you experience life to the fullest!

Grace and Peace,
    Mavsluva
    You always have kind words, good luck.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    We will all miss ya Mavs, why did the email address get edited?

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    goodluck and goodbye mavs, hope everything works out well for you all, congrats on the adoption!
    i appreciate you writing all that out, as sman12b said i think a little bit of me fits into each one of those catagories.....

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Congrats Mavs!!

You will be missed.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Congrats and good luck with your future.
    Peace,
    CR

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    holy crap you'll be missed bro.

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Well said and Godspeed, Mansluva. Are you adopting a newborn or an older child? Either way, when the kid is off at daycare or sneaking out at night drop us a line and let us know how its going.

chest6 is offline Banned
    This is a sad day mavs

Hopefully I hear from ya this summer though...hopefully you got some time to catch a lift or somethin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information