Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Does the very presence of a bodybuilder generate animosity?

In my experience it can. It's interesting how people in and out of the gym repond to your appearance. Sometimes it can be flattering. At other times, you really do get negative responses as people make interpretations of you based on your appearance. I think one common interpretation is that you are arrogant or narcissistic. Guys may smirk at you or just stare. You may get compliments or questions. Girls may give you an insinuating glance or go out of their way to look away. One time I was on the tread mill and these three woman and there forties were walking by and one of them said, look at him over there all steroided up with the attitude." I was natural at the time and I weighed about 170 pounds at 5'8." I'm sure some of you have had similar experiences yet it doesn't seem to be discussed much. In a way, just talking about it can bring about a distaste or misunderstanding - like your being insincere or bragging. Maybe that's why it's not brought up. I hope I get a few responses on this because I'm so curious about it.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 05-17-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Thread Information