BigGuy5420 is offline Associate Member

Best bigscreen tv for the money.

i have a little bit of money coming my way and want to know the best tv i can buy for the money. i am not looking to spend 3000+ on a tv. i want one that is good for my ps3 as well (yes, i am a nerd). I was thinking about Toshiba 62HM196 62 in. SDTV Television, however it is a rear projection and some people have told me not to get one, however they are the best sized hd tv for the price. any other suggestions on which one OR where to buy let me know!

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy5420
    i have a little bit of money coming my way and want to know the best tv i can buy for the money. i am not looking to spend 3000+ on a tv. i want one that is good for my ps3 as well (yes, i am a nerd). I was thinking about Toshiba 62HM196 62 in. SDTV Television, however it is a rear projection and some people have told me not to get one, however they are the best sized hd tv for the price. any other suggestions on which one OR where to buy let me know!
    I apologize if that was a typo, but SDTV is not HDTV.

All the major TV stations are running in HD now, so you might as well get an HD set.

Read this to learn more about the different kinds of TVs:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/video_signals.htm

well that sucks, what tv should i get???!?!?!

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    my dad got a PHAT pioneer 50" plasma....its outrageous... 2750$

I have a Vizio(costco) flatscreen & its real nice for 1300$ 47"

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    lcd for me.
    brighter and better colour in imo.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I LOVE my Sony Bravia LCD. Panasonic plamsas look real nice too

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    keep the responses comin..im very interested as well...im gettin sick of playin 360 without high def.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy5420
    The PS3 outputs 1080p, supports HDMI 1.3 and passes blacker than black and super white when playing Blu-ray DVDs. So get one of the newer LCDs or Plasmas that supports these features. The best LCDs are Sony XBR, Sharp AQUOS, Samsung, Toshiba. Go to a store and look at all of them and pick the one that you like the best. Consider, over all picture, number of inputs, and case design. Make sure you get one that has multiple HDMI inputs. The older sets only have 1.

The AVS forum is a great site for doing HDTV research. Lots of nerdy picky guys over there who obsess and nit pick over every feature. Yes, I'm a member and I post there.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=166

One guy posted asking if the Sony XBRs make an audible chime when turning on the TV or is there just an indicator light. I replied yes it makes a sound if you have the damn thing tuned to a channel. The video and sound starts playing. Sorry, I thought it a silly question. Apparently he wants it to beep or play a little jingle when it turns on.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Huckster is offline Associate Member
    I bought a 42' Plasma for $799. Vizio referbished, from Tiger Direct. I have had no problems w/it. Bought it in December 06.

I was the same way wanted the biggest for the cheapest price. Couldn't pass that one up, I did have second thoughts being it was a referb. but so far so good. Being it was a referb. they could not offer any warrenty. They just give you like 30 days. If it dies w/in 30 days they'll send a new one.

Tiger Direct is a good place to look. As stated above Costco, Sams Club good also if you just want to go cheap. Decent cheapy brands: Vizio, Olevia

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckster
    I bought a 42' Plasma for $799. Vizio referbished, from Tiger Direct. I have had no problems w/it. Bought it in December 06.

I was the same way wanted the biggest for the cheapest price. Couldn't pass that one up, I did have second thoughts being it was a referb. but so far so good. Being it was a referb. they could not offer any warrenty. They just give you like 30 days. If it dies w/in 30 days they'll send a new one.

Tiger Direct is a good place to look. As stated above Costco, Sams Club good also if you just want to go cheap. Decent cheapy brands: Vizio, Olevia
    True. Vizio, Olevia and Westinghouse are the best budget LCDs.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    my dad got a PHAT pioneer 50" plasma....its outrageous... 2750$

I have a Vizio(costco) flatscreen & its real nice for 1300$ 47"

That's exactly what I have and love it.

PeteyK is offline Associate Member
    no1 give the man any advise, he has a ps3...

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    lcd, with the correct hookups that you need.. most will have it if you are going to game on it..

Plasma puts off some heat... nice in minnesota in the winter time, but sucks in the summer..

and like i said, LCD if you are going to game on it..

I have a 42" sony... 3 yrs old.. very nice..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    I got the brand new plasma Panasonic 1080p 42" for about $1500 and the picture is awesome. I love it and justs just the bedroom TV. I got a bad 58" panasonic on my living room wall!!

very good info, thanks for the help

Thread Information